GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dealer Experience Near NYC for GS

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-16, 09:46 AM
Shadowjack
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Experience Near NYC for GS

If you've recently bought a 2015 or 2016 GS or had your current generation GS serviced at a dealer within reasonable driving distance of New York City, I'd be interested to hear about your experience. Thank you.
Old 01-07-16, 10:20 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

don't go to lexus of queens, horrible
Old 01-07-16, 10:24 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,166 Likes on 861 Posts

Generally speaking, great service is very difficult to confirm because if you look around the forum, you'll see folks that have had a poor experience at some dealerships while others have only good things to say about the same dealership. With that said:

I purchased a CPO '13 GS about 6 months ago from Lexus of Mt. Kisco/Lexus of Greenwich (about 40 miles from NYC).

Overall, i'd give both dealerships a positive rating for service but it has been hit or miss in some cases.

I know the Service Manager at Ray Catena Lexus of White Plains (he used to be the service manager at Mt. Kisco). He knew how to run the department and i'd recommend talking to him if you are really upset with another dealership and their service.

I have stayed away from sales/service at the dealerships in the local boroughs as they have poor reviews and my personal experience with them has been more negative than positive.
Old 01-07-16, 10:43 AM
Shadowjack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jonathanz
don't go to lexus of queens, horrible
Is there anything in particular that made it a bad experience? Was it sales, service, or both?
Old 01-07-16, 10:45 AM
Shadowjack
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. Have you had any experience with Rallye Lexus?
Old 01-07-16, 10:50 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,166 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadowjack
Thank you. Have you had any experience with Rallye Lexus?
Sorry, no personal experience to share with Rallye Lexus.
Old 01-07-16, 11:31 AM
isekii
Rookie

I'm not sure if it's a matter of the dealership but who your sales person is.
Old 01-07-16, 11:34 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadowjack
Is there anything in particular that made it a bad experience? Was it sales, service, or both?
i leased my 2015 there and had my 2012 IS250 services there for re-call, TSB and replaced brand new headlights under recall.

with the services, they didn't AIM the headlights after replaced, took it back twice and couldn't get it right.

lease/sale, not pleasure with the services, i would have to say it was the worst ever had with dealer in my life. if they didn't have the colro (white on red) i would've gone to another dealer!
Old 01-07-16, 01:01 PM
gridlock13
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i had my previous 3GS serviced at Rallye. service was ok. the only frustrating thing that i had to deal with was them giving me different excuses not to perform the piston ring issue until lexus' deadline expired for my car.
Old 01-07-16, 03:37 PM
DVADER
Driver

I have family and friends whom have gotten cars from Rallye Lexus in the past as well as have worked there. I recently got a GS from them and also gave them about 4-5 referrals and I didn't even get a thank you phone call or letter. I will get my GS serviced elsewhere going forward and never send them another referral. I'm very disappointed with them and will certainly let my opinion be heard loud and clear when discussing Lexus with anyone. When I took delivery of the car they left shrink wrap intact over the knee airbags (still there), within seats, various strings, finger smudges all over the glove box and lint/debris on the headliner. Their finance manager and receptionists are very friendly and nice people but that's where it ends for me.

I've leased from Massapequa years ago and their sales and service was fine to me, but this was about 10 yrs ago.

Last edited by DVADER; 01-07-16 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-08-16, 01:25 PM
isekii
Rookie

Originally Posted by DVADER
I have family and friends whom have gotten cars from Rallye Lexus in the past as well as have worked there. I recently got a GS from them and also gave them about 4-5 referrals and I didn't even get a thank you phone call or letter. I will get my GS serviced elsewhere going forward and never send them another referral. I'm very disappointed with them and will certainly let my opinion be heard loud and clear when discussing Lexus with anyone. When I took delivery of the car they left shrink wrap intact over the knee airbags (still there), within seats, various strings, finger smudges all over the glove box and lint/debris on the headliner. Their finance manager and receptionists are very friendly and nice people but that's where it ends for me.

I've leased from Massapequa years ago and their sales and service was fine to me, but this was about 10 yrs ago.
Hopefully they send you a nice Fruit Basket or something. Or throw in some services.
I'm woudn't be surprised that they have someone monitoring this site.
Old 01-08-16, 01:48 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Longo Lexus.

Been a year now been doing all the oil / filter changes / tire rotations myself.
Old 01-08-16, 10:08 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
Longo Lexus.

Been a year now been doing all the oil / filter changes / tire rotations myself.
That's a long drive to El Monte, CA for OP in New York.