GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2016 GS 350 test Drive and Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-16 | 08:02 AM
ronsinsc
Rookie

Default 2016 GS 350 test Drive and Review

What appears below is from my post under the topic car chat after Reading the answers I was getting it seems that it would be more appropriate to put the information here so I cut and pasted what was my impressions and review of the 2016 model GS 350

You are all correct for recommending the GS model. Price is not an issue however I certainly want to pay as little as possible for the vehicle with the options I require. Basically as far as the options go I want all of the electronic aids that deal with safety, so that means I have to buy at 2016. They are substantially more expensive than the deals they are offering on the 2015's which do not have much in the way of the safety equipment on the 2016 GS 350 four door Sedan .

I spent the afternoon at the dealers and took the vehicle on an extended test drive. The drive included a stop at my house to see how easy or difficult it would be to park the vehicle in a garage. It turned out that it could be parked garage with relative ease unlike some of my other cars.

I have to say the car is probably one of the best midsize sedans I've ever driven I would not say that the car handles I'll little like a track prepare car but considering it was drizzling when I drove it and I drive it rather hard without losing grip was impressive. The great grip that the car has maybe attributable to the tires I noticed that they were Bridgestone RE somethings. Seeing as I run Bridgestone RE11's on another of my vehicles I'm presuming the Bridgestone on the Lexus are quite good. re 11 are about as close as you can get to an R compound track tire.

You can feel the cars wait when driving on a curvy road but that's really no big deal four car that I plan to use is my daily driver.

All I need to do now is give him the interior color and exterior color and he said he would tell me what they would sell it to me for I asked how much off MSRP it would be an he said he needed to check on the cars and see what's coming in that's really no problem hopefully I can make this deal work as I think it's a really good car from my use and for that of a lot of other people too

The MSRP papers the salesman provided me with show it to be $56,845

Anyone that has information as to what these vehicles are going out the door would be helpful thanks Ron
ronsinsc is offline Report Post

Last edited by ronsinsc; 01-10-16 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-10-16 | 09:50 AM
Dbaliko
Rookie

Originally Posted by ronsinsc
What appears below is from my post under the topic car chat after Reading the answers I was getting it seems that it would be more appropriate to put the information here so I cut and pasted what was my impressions and review of the 2016 model GS 350

You are all correct for recommending the GS model. Price is not an issue however I certainly want to pay as little as possible for the vehicle with the options I require. Basically as far as the options go I want all of the electronic aids that deal with safety, so that means I have to buy at 2016. They are substantially more expensive than the deals they are offering on the 2015's which do not have much in the way of the safety equipment on the 2016 GS 350 four door Sedan .

I spent the afternoon at the dealers and took the vehicle on an extended test drive. The drive included a stop at my house to see how easy or difficult it would be to park the vehicle in a garage. It turned out that it could be parked garage with relative ease unlike some of my other cars.

I have to say the car is probably one of the best midsize sedans I've ever driven I would not say that the car handles I'll little like a track prepare car but considering it was drizzling when I drove it and I drive it rather hard without losing grip was impressive. The great grip that the car has maybe attributable to the tires I noticed that they were Bridgestone RE somethings. Seeing as I run Bridgestone RE11's on another of my vehicles I'm presuming the Bridgestone on the Lexus are quite good. re 11 are about as close as you can get to an R compound track tire.

You can feel the cars wait when driving on a curvy road but that's really no big deal four car that I plan to use is my daily driver.

All I need to do now is give him the interior color and exterior color and he said he would tell me what they would sell it to me for I asked how much off MSRP it would be an he said he needed to check on the cars and see what's coming in that's really no problem hopefully I can make this deal work as I think it's a really good car from my use and for that of a lot of other people too

Anyone that has information as to what these vehicles are going out the door would be helpful thanks Ron
What saftey equipment does the '16 have that the '15 does not?

Doug
Old 01-10-16 | 10:32 AM
KennethGS
Rookie

Sounds like you want to purchase, not lease? I got mine 4% under MSRP (2016 GS F-sport). But you can probably do better if you are willing to bargain hard, wait, and be more flexible on what options (besides safety) you want.
Old 01-10-16 | 01:57 PM
ronsinsc
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dbaliko
What saftey equipment does the '16 have that the '15 does not?

Doug
hopefully I won't miss any but from my list they are as follows intuitive park assist, Lexus safety system pre-collision, PCS with pedestrian detector all speed dynamic radar Cruise control, Lane departure alert with steering assist, intelligent highbeam headlights.

I think I hit all the features I was referring to if I find out that I miss some come back and edit the post.

Ron
Old 01-10-16 | 02:14 PM
Dbaliko
Rookie

hopefully I won't miss any but from my list they are as follows intuitive park assist, Lexus safety system pre-collision, PCS with pedestrian detector all speed dynamic radar Cruise control, Lane departure alert with steering assist, intelligent highbeam headlights.

I think I hit all the features I was referring to if I find out that I miss some come back and edit the post.

Ron
I think that most if not all of those are/were available on the 2015's, as well. Now finding a new loaded 15 with all the bells and whistles may be a problem at this point.

Here is an option list from the 2015 brochure:
Power trunk open/close // Mark Levinson Premium Audio System14 // Pre-Collision System (PCS)21 with Driver Attention Monitor,21 Dynamic Radar Cruise Control22 // Lane Keep Assist9 with Lane Departure Warning23 // Blind Spot Monitor8 with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert24 and power-folding outside mirrors // Color Heads-up Display // Intuitive Parking Assist25
// Lexus Dynamic Handling with Dynamic Rear Steering (GS FSPORT RWD, required
on GSh FSPORT) // Heated rear seats (Luxury Package)

Last edited by Dbaliko; 01-10-16 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-10-16 | 03:12 PM
KennethGS
Rookie

The PCS & radar cruise were available on the 2015, but I rarely saw a GS equipped with them. I searched hundreds of listings last year and only remember seeing two vehicles with PCS (and one was a loaded hybrid that listed for 77k!). The HUD/IPA/BSM were much more common options.
Old 01-10-16 | 08:13 PM
lowround1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dbaliko
I think that most if not all of those are/were available on the 2015's, as well. Now finding a new loaded 15 with all the bells and whistles may be a problem at this point.

Here is an option list from the 2015 brochure:
Power trunk open/close // Mark Levinson Premium Audio System14 // Pre-Collision System (PCS)21 with Driver Attention Monitor,21 Dynamic Radar Cruise Control22 // Lane Keep Assist9 with Lane Departure Warning23 // Blind Spot Monitor8 with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert24 and power-folding outside mirrors // Color Heads-up Display // Intuitive Parking Assist25
// Lexus Dynamic Handling with Dynamic Rear Steering (GS FSPORT RWD, required
on GSh FSPORT) // Heated rear seats (Luxury Package)
This is my first post but wanted to chime in that it is possible as I just leased a 2015 GS RWD with Luxury Package that has almost all of the safety equipment mentioned above. I also wanted to have PCS (have it on a 2006 LS 430 Ultra Luxury) because I really like the radar cruise control. Additionally, I was able to get the Lane Keep Assist w/Lane Departure Warning and Intuitive Park Assist. However, I did not get the Blind Spot Monitor nor the intelligent high beam headlights.