GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

OTD price for 2016 GS ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-16, 07:07 PM
ronsinsc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OTD price for 2016 GS ???

Anyone have an idea avoid I should be paying for a 2016 GS. It will most likely have to be built because I'm not going to pay for options that I don't like or even need. The only options and I'm getting are those that involve safety. Car must have 18 inch wheels also. For example things that I won't be getting are spoiler, mats, wheel locks and net., one touch trunk opener.

I don't care how they allocate or where they allocate the funds to. I just want to know the number I need to write a check to leave the dealership with the car.
Old 01-23-16, 07:30 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ronsinsc
Anyone have an idea avoid I should be paying for a 2016 GS. It will most likely have to be built because I'm not going to pay for options that I don't like or even need. The only options and I'm getting are those that involve safety. Car must have 18 inch wheels also. For example things that I won't be getting are spoiler, mats, wheel locks and net., one touch trunk opener.

I don't care how they allocate or where they allocate the funds to. I just want to know the number I need to write a check to leave the dealership with the car.
How about playing with TrueCar.com? Add the options you want and hopefully your dealership has it. If it's special order, it might be more expensive than what's already in inventory. Don't forget to add the tax/registration for OTD price.

https://www.truecar.com/prices-new/l...s-350-pricing/
Old 01-23-16, 07:38 PM
namzug
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
How about playing with TrueCar.com? Add the options you want and hopefully your dealership has it. If it's special order, it might be more expensive than what's already in inventory. Don't forget to add the tax/registration for OTD price.

https://www.truecar.com/prices-new/l...s-350-pricing/
When you try to build your own car its going to cost more than what is currently available. The reason being is because the dealership/broker will have to find it, ship it and get it to you. The best option is the find the lot with the most cars and go from there. The last thing the dealership want's do to is keep them on the lot. A few years ago, my friend's wife wanted a Toyota Highlander Salsa red with the stone leather interior. In addition, wanted entertainment package but did not want the navigation. When I did my thing, I was able to find only two in the state of California. The dealerships were not budging but the same car color combination fully loaded where a few more. At that time, the dealership was asking $42K for the car. However, I was able to negotiate the price down to $31K out the door. It took two week but the buyers (my friends) were very happy. Part of the negotiation, I got them free trunk mat, extra wireless headphones and mud guards. Negotiation is like chess the board game. Its not the loudest, strongest or smartest that wins but the one with the most patients and calmest temperament.
Old 01-23-16, 07:46 PM
ronsinsc
Rookie

The true card thing just sent me over to the dealer but I was already dealing with so the didn't really work out real well.
From what I've seen it's definitely less expensive to order your car that way you only pay for the options you want. The only thing is you have to worry about three months get it because it's order direct from the factory.
Some of the dealers don't seem to want to order a car which leads me to believe there's not as much profit for them in doing so. I've been told we can find you something close not exactly what you want and I said I'm not paying for options I don't want need or desire
Old 01-24-16, 12:10 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Rule of thumb.

True car percentage is the max you should be paying on the car.
Aim for truecar car discount %x2 for the best deals.

Also get the invoice cost on your particular vehicle and area
Old 01-24-16, 07:00 AM
4sallypat
Driver School Candidate

Yes, its cheaper for the dealership to order you a car because they know they won't have to stock it, wait, and pay overhead costs in financing it while it sits there on the lot.
An ordered car is considered sold and will cost the dealer a lot less.
You should be able to negotiate the price of the car closer to invoice even on an 2016.
After negotiations, find out if the deposit is refundable or not - that will determine if you really want that ordered car during the 3 months....
Old 01-24-16, 09:19 AM
DVADER
Driver

Originally Posted by 4sallypat
Yes, its cheaper for the dealership to order you a car because they know they won't have to stock it, wait, and pay overhead costs in financing it while it sits there on the lot.
You should be able to negotiate the price of the car closer to invoice even on an 2016.
After negotiations, find out if the deposit is refundable or not - that will determine if you really want that ordered car during the 3 months....
It's actually more expensive for the dealership to order a vehicle because the other cars sitting on the dealerships lot accumulate debt. What glitters isn't always gold.
Old 01-24-16, 09:43 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4sallypat
For BMWs this is exactly the philosophy that they preach. Usually invoice - discounts or new model is invoice + 500-1000, and they can order the car exactly how you want it.

For Lexus tho, they make you pay msrp plus deposit for any order. Its always cheaper to buy a Lexus off the lot.
Old 01-24-16, 09:56 AM
ronsinsc
Rookie

Originally Posted by coolsaber
For BMWs this is exactly the philosophy that they preach. Usually invoice - discounts or new model is invoice + 500-1000, and they can order the car exactly how you want it.

For Lexus tho, they make you pay msrp plus deposit for any order. Its always cheaper to buy a Lexus off the lot.
Are you saying they require if you order the car that you must pay MSRP and Plus a deposit before the car is ordered and or delivered?

I will not agree to those terms.
Old 01-24-16, 10:32 AM
4sallypat
Driver School Candidate

Nah, don't believe that.
Go in next week at the end of the month and make an offer - they might go for it if they need a sale.
Old 01-24-16, 10:46 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ronsinsc
Are you saying they require if you order the car that you must pay MSRP and Plus a deposit before the car is ordered and or delivered?

I will not agree to those terms.
So far, for my RX special order that I have requested from different parts of the country (I dont mind if the price is cheaper if I have to travel a bit), the common thing I hear is

Special Order= MSRP (due to in demand)
Deposit (Refundable but most dealers are straight NON-Refundable) deducted off of the total price of car

However if you choose one of our lease spec specials alot more wiggleroom.
Old 01-24-16, 11:09 AM
KennethGS
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Truecar's estimate seems very accurate. I bought a 2016 GS two weeks ago and Truecar's estimate was dead-on what I paid for it. So I think you can take a couple of % off the Truecar estimate for what you want and start there.

I think you could find something very close to what you want, even if it has a few extra options. You can always tell the salesperson you won't pay for it. I doubt someone wants to lose a sale over a $400 power trunk (which is a very common option).
Old 01-24-16, 07:25 PM
kmm
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The truecar.com website needs to be gamed to get the best price out of it.

The zip code you should use is not necessarily where you live.

For example, if you live in Southern CA, as I do, put in a zip code for a couple different areas of Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego.

The pricing results are startlingly different.

Then, don't count on true car.com to have the lowest price.

Dealers pay to use that service and that adds to the cost of the car you ultimately buy.

Your best price may very well be from a dealer that does not show up on true car.com results.

Last edited by kmm; 01-25-16 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-25-16, 05:51 PM
Yecats
Driver School Candidate

I special ordered my 2016 GS 350 F-Sport and had no issues with the dealer on the special order. Had to write a check for a $1,000 deposit (refundable) and negotiated my purchase price, which was invoice. So yes, you can still get a deal on a special order...guess it depends on the dealer.
Old 01-25-16, 06:46 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

$45K give or take a few hundred.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: OTD price for 2016 GS ???