GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

NextFit Infant/Baby Seat in F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-16, 04:04 PM
wiredup
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would swing by the fire station and ask them - at least in Virginia they have been training to setup the seats.
Old 01-31-16, 07:36 PM
depechek
Driver

I bought the KeyFit30 (infant only seat). Will see if he looks more comfortable in it.
Right now I have the NextFit level system perfectly leveled-bubble is smack in the middle. Not sure how upright an infant is suppose to be in the seat but my is pretty upright.
Old 01-31-16, 09:11 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,616 Likes on 1,030 Posts

My boy was quite happy in the Keyfit 30 in the GS so hopefully it works for you guys as well.
Old 01-31-16, 09:43 PM
fuddyduddy
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been using the roll-up towel with mine, because that is what the Graco manual stipulates. It's a pretty risk adverse manual so I do not think this is a problem.

See page 8 for an example.

http://www.gracobaby.com/instruction.../4004-4-02.pdf
Old 02-01-16, 05:47 AM
GSHLNMTR
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How old is your kid? I have a 2.5 year old and we had the Keyfit 30 and I think he was relatively upright once he learned to sit up. But that wasn't in my F Sport so it's not a good comparison. Now we are using the NextFit on the right side of the F Sport. Since he's big enough, we turned the seat around so he faces forward. It is as upright as it will go, but he seems happy and I feel like he's safe in the seat. You may have better luck with the NextFit once you turn it forward. Not sure if you are at that point yet. Sorry that this isn't very helpful.
Old 02-01-16, 05:48 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Put it in the middle.
Old 02-01-16, 08:15 AM
Beer4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of good info here. Thanks all. Wife and i have our first, baby boy, coming in June this year, so I need all the info I can get.
Old 02-01-16, 08:37 AM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Beer4me
Lots of good info here. Thanks all. Wife and i have our first, baby boy, coming in June this year, so I need all the info I can get.
Here is a piece of advice.

Before baby arrives: Go see movies at the theater and get a lot of sleep.

After baby arrives: Nothing you and your wife say to each other in the middle of the night when woken up for the 23rd time counts the next day and cannot be held against each other.

Oh and make sure you take time with each other (you and the wife) and don't sweat the small stuff.
Old 02-01-16, 09:30 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by Davenlei

After baby arrives: Nothing you and your wife say to each other in the middle of the night when woken up for the 23rd time counts the next day and cannot be held against each other.

Oh and make sure you take time with each other (you and the wife) and don't sweat the small stuff.
Very good advice!
Old 02-01-16, 09:41 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,616 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Beer4me
Congratulations!

I have a 13 month old and a 4 year old. Life is challenging with them but it's so worth it. They bring us a LOT of fun and laughter!
Old 02-01-16, 11:43 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Middle seat is probably the best position for me. I use the chain method that bclexus provided and helped. Used to have the seat behind the passenger side but I think the design of the F-Sport seats were too angled to place a baby seat comfortably. Probably depends on the seat as well. We have a Britax B-Safe and noticed that our girl wasn't comfortable at time time (2 months) even with the leveler and towel method. She's better now since we placed her in the center (4 months turning 5 soon).

However, I want to place the seats back to the rear passenger side because of the mirror we have that blocks the middle view. Going to switch to using the swimming noodles and see it helps.
Old 02-01-16, 08:42 PM
depechek
Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
My boy was quite happy in the Keyfit 30 in the GS so hopefully it works for you guys as well.
Good to hear, hopefully I will have the same luck.

Last edited by depechek; 02-01-16 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-01-16, 08:49 PM
depechek
Driver

Originally Posted by GSHLNMTR
How old is your kid? I have a 2.5 year old and we had the Keyfit 30 and I think he was relatively upright once he learned to sit up. But that wasn't in my F Sport so it's not a good comparison. Now we are using the NextFit on the right side of the F Sport. Since he's big enough, we turned the seat around so he faces forward. It is as upright as it will go, but he seems happy and I feel like he's safe in the seat. You may have better luck with the NextFit once you turn it forward. Not sure if you are at that point yet. Sorry that this isn't very helpful.
My little guy is 3 weeks, so still pretty brand new hehe. His head is in his chest with the NextFit. He doesn't cry or anything but to me he looks really uncomfortable. The rolled up towel method helps some and we use that in conjunction with a head cushion/support thing. Still want to see if the KeyFit helps him lay flatter.
Old 02-01-16, 08:56 PM
depechek
Driver

Originally Posted by Davenlei

That is really good advice! We didn't do the movies or sleep thing because of our work schedules but we did travel a bunch before we were on lock down.

Last edited by depechek; 02-01-16 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-01-16, 09:06 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

I've googled the whole rolled up towel thing and I think I agree with you guys that it's fine. If you tell my wife I said that I will deny it LOL

Quick Reply: NextFit Infant/Baby Seat in F-Sport