GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Heat issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-16, 02:46 PM
Shado
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat issue

I have a 2013 GS 350. Sometimes the heat keeps blowing even after i turn the Heat/AC off. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Old 02-09-16, 02:56 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

If u keep the temperature high it will blow warm/hot air through the vents even when the blower is off (using outside air flow with recirculation off). Same thing if u lower the temp to LO, it will blow a rather cold air through the vent but it won't be ice cold like when the whole AC system is on though.

So what is ur temp set at before u turn off the AC?
Old 02-09-16, 03:08 PM
Shado
Driver School Candidate

Temperature was at 77

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
If u keep the temperature high it will blow warm/hot air through the vents even when the blower is off (using outside air flow with recirculation off). Same thing if u lower the temp to LO, it will blow a rather cold air through the vent but it won't be ice cold like when the whole AC system is on though.

So what is ur temp set at before u turn off the AC?
Old 02-09-16, 03:12 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Shado
Temperature was at 77
Oh yea 77 will blow warm air. Try lowering it to the lowest setting and see if it still blows warm air.
Old 02-09-16, 03:22 PM
Shado
Driver School Candidate

Ok thanks. I'll try that. I was just expecting the heat to stop blowing when turned off.

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Oh yea 77 will blow warm air. Try lowering it to the lowest setting and see if it still blows warm air.
Old 02-09-16, 06:02 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

If you're manually using the HVAC unit (auto button is not lighten up), then it has nothing to do what the temperature is set imho.

You must have the "outside air" button pressed. Try pressing turning the "Off" and then pressing the "recirculating air" button instead. Apparently having the HVAC unit off and having the "outside air" button pressed STILL blows air out of the vents slightly.

I kinda hate when car HVAC units don't really turn fully "Off" after you press the appropriate button, so I had to experiment with this myself as well, hence why I know what the solution is

Try that out and report back,

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 02-09-16, 06:07 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

I never turn the system Off. Never...
Old 02-11-16, 05:14 AM
Shado
Driver School Candidate

You're correct. With the unit off, having the "outside air" button pressed still blows air, while switching to "recirculating air" stops it. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
If you're manually using the HVAC unit (auto button is not lighten up), then it has nothing to do what the temperature is set imho.

You must have the "outside air" button pressed. Try pressing turning the "Off" and then pressing the "recirculating air" button instead. Apparently having the HVAC unit off and having the "outside air" button pressed STILL blows air out of the vents slightly.

I kinda hate when car HVAC units don't really turn fully "Off" after you press the appropriate button, so I had to experiment with this myself as well, hence why I know what the solution is

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 02-11-16, 06:50 AM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

In the pre-Auto HVAC days, The fan switch controlled only the fan, Recir control the flaps of letting in outside air and the temp **** controlled a valve of how much anti-freeze is sent thru the heater coil. This appears to be the same case except that now there are computerized adjustments when the AUTO button is on. Before AUTO functions I often just wanted the vents on to let in outside air (always kept it cool). IMO I prefer the way it is designed, I don't want it to "really turn fully 'Off'". It gives flexibility.

Glad the OP got their answer.

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345

~ Im2bz2p345