GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Buying 2013 Lexus GS 350-Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-16, 11:56 AM
mboabdulaz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Buying 2013 Lexus GS 350-Advice

Hi Guys, I Hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend!

I need your advice or review in general about this car please.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...7199/overview/

2013 Lexus GS 350 50,262 mi.Luxury Package$29,340

I have reviewed its Carfax and service history, but didn't understand some things...
Carfax:

• "Loan/Lien record(s)" ?
Service History:
  • "OTHERS CUSTOMER STATES CK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND VSC AND TRAC ON - LOST POWER - TOWED TO SHOP - FOUND LOOSE CONNECTION AT INJECTOR DRIVER - PERFORMED HEALTH CHECK,FOUND P1235 HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP CIRCUIT.PERFORMED CONFIRMATION DRIVING PATTERN.DTC JUDGMENT RESULT IS NORMAL.CALLED TAS.INFORMED BY TAS TO CHECK INJECTOR DRIVE CONNECTIONS AND GROUND.CLEAND GROUND AND RECONNECTED EDU.CLEARED COD"
  • "LOANER VEHICLE THE LOANER CAR PROVIDED AT NO COST BY LEXUS SAN DIEGO MAY NOT BE A LEXUS. PLEASE REPLACE THE GAS THAT YOU USE & RETURN IT WITHIN 24 HRS OR WHEN NOTIFIED THAT YOUR CAR IS READY. LATE RETURNS WILL BE CHARGED A $79.00 FEE. - LOANER CAR" ((repeated 5 times in the service history))
  • "CAMPAIGN FUEL FILL - CAMPAIGN FUEL FILL 5.3 GAL"
  • "LOANER VEHICLE THIS DOCUMENT AUTHORIZES YOU TO HAVE A LEXUS SAN DIEGO LOANER VEHICLE IN YOUR POSSESSION. THE LOANER VEHICLE PROVIDED MAY OR MAY NOT BE A LEXUS. PLEASE REPLENISH THE FUEL THAT IS USED, IF UNABLE, A $6.50 PER GALLON FEE WILL APPLY. THE LOANER VEHICLE MUST - LOANER CAR"
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Old 02-28-16, 01:25 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

As far as the loan items on the report - that is what they put on your report when you get a loaner vehicle while your vehicle is being serviced. Seems weird to me that they would save that info in your car maintenance/repair history, but it's in mine too. Hope this helps.

Be aware that the factory warranty has expired if this vehicle is not being sold as certified. Powertrain warranty should still be in effect (I forget how long that one runs). I bought a very similar vehicle about a year ago. Aside from some rattles in the cabin, absolutely love it and zero other problems so far. So, you may want to drive it on some bumpy roads and listen for rattles. Some people aren't bothered by rattles, I think for a vehicle with MSRP of $60k+ there should be no rattles.

Last edited by CottageChz; 02-28-16 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-28-16, 03:03 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Bought a CPO '13 and absolutely love the car. No rattles thankfully.
Old 02-28-16, 05:23 PM
GXGSAm
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

After reviewing the service history myself, the error code happened way back at 1185 miles and was fixed with cable reset in one of the injectors. There is no repeat visit to the dealer with the same issue, therefore it's not a big deal to me. The chrome wheels were replaced though with silver wheels, and the lo-jack should still be part of the vehicle. Mileage is not a concern for me either but ask for some warranty. As long as there are no dents and major scratches, it's just a matter of price agreement at this point. Sam (Carlsbad).
Old 02-29-16, 11:08 AM
mboabdulaz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GXGSAm
After reviewing the service history myself, the error code happened way back at 1185 miles and was fixed with cable reset in one of the injectors. There is no repeat visit to the dealer with the same issue, therefore it's not a big deal to me. The chrome wheels were replaced though with silver wheels, and the lo-jack should still be part of the vehicle. Mileage is not a concern for me either but ask for some warranty. As long as there are no dents and major scratches, it's just a matter of price agreement at this point. Sam (Carlsbad).
Thank you so much Sam. I really appreciate your effort. I think the car has been sold already cuz its not available online anymore.
Old 02-29-16, 11:09 AM
mboabdulaz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CottageChz
As far as the loan items on the report - that is what they put on your report when you get a loaner vehicle while your vehicle is being serviced. Seems weird to me that they would save that info in your car maintenance/repair history, but it's in mine too. Hope this helps.

Be aware that the factory warranty has expired if this vehicle is not being sold as certified. Powertrain warranty should still be in effect (I forget how long that one runs). I bought a very similar vehicle about a year ago. Aside from some rattles in the cabin, absolutely love it and zero other problems so far. So, you may want to drive it on some bumpy roads and listen for rattles. Some people aren't bothered by rattles, I think for a vehicle with MSRP of $60k+ there should be no rattles.
Thank you so much for your great advice
Old 02-29-16, 01:59 PM
aeggroup
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Loan/Lien record means that this car was financed. It has nothing to do with a loaner you get from a dealer. When you buy or lease a vehicle - it's financed, unless you bought it and paid off the full price.