GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models
View Poll Results: What Exterior Color Is Your GS 350?
Atomic Silver - 1J7
7.44%
Caviar - 223
2.48%
Deep Sea Mica - 8V3
4.13%
Eminent White Pearl - 085
4.55%
Fire Agate Pearl - 4V3
1.65%
Liquid Platinum - 1J2
12.81%
Matador Red Mica - 3R1
1.65%
Meteor Blue Mica - 8W3
2.48%
Nebula Gray Pearl - 1H9
16.94%
Nightfall Mica - 8X5
1.24%
Obsidian - 212
14.05%
Riviera Red - 3S8
5.79%
Satin Cashmere Metallic - 4U7
0.41%
Starfire Pearl - 077
8.26%
Ultra White - 083
12.81%
Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0 - 8X1
3.31%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

What Exterior Color Is Your GS 350?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-16, 02:49 PM
jsndin
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tamermido1
BLUE BABY!
Wow. Nice car.
Old 03-03-16, 11:00 AM
yround
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tamermido1
BLUE BABY!
That's a really nice color!
Old 12-02-17, 02:37 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 248 Posts

8X5 Nightfall Mica
and needs a cleaning
Old 12-02-17, 03:07 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Once you go Obsidian....
you never go back!

Not true! I went obsidian in my last GS.... USB now ha!
Old 12-04-17, 12:55 AM
Benitsubas
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 4v3

Fire Agate Pearl FTW!!!
Old 12-04-17, 08:23 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Wish I had liquid silver or white, obsidian is just a pain to keep clean.
Old 12-04-17, 08:36 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Wish I had liquid silver or white, obsidian is just a pain to keep clean.
You were seduced by that black car - weren't you? Let me explain...

There’s nothing sexier than a shiny, clean black car. Nothing!
There is nothing LESS sexy than a dusty, or dirty, or scratched black car. Nothing!

When you’re looking for a new car, the black one will seduce you. You’ll look at that model in another color, think about being practical, but the black one will wink at you. Tip its chin. Purr, “Hey baby… I want you inside me.” Walk away NOW, or you’ll take it for a test drive. When you get into a black car for the first time, you’ll feel dangerously sexier than you ever felt in your whole life. Your inner panther will roar. You’ll tingle in places you forgot you had. You’ll like it. And, chances are - you’ll buy it. The other cars just won’t make you tingle like that. Your only protection is to never get behind the wheel of a black car in the first place. Just walk away, and life will be uncomplicated. But, you’ll always wonder…what if.

A thin film of dust becomes luminescent on a black car. Every single spot of anything, even dried sterile water, stands out like a goober zit on prom night. At first, it will disturb and upset you so much that you’ll wash your car immediately. And…then it’ll be dusty again before you even finish drying it. An unknown little fact: Black cars only stay clean for a mere 42 seconds. But, they are the sexiest 42 seconds you’ll ever know. Because of that 42 second rush, you’ll wash your black baby faithfully every weekend. For the first year anyway. And then, all those scratches and swirls you put in the paint taking care of your baby will erode your resolve. You’ll start skipping. People will stare at your car in disgust, and make all sorts of judgments about your sloppiness. You'll scream things at them like; 'Shut up - I just washed this damn car 15 minutes ago.' Of course, you could always buy the black car and make it a garage queen...and never drive it. That's really smart! But hey, it will still get dusty...and all scratched up by you carefully hand washing it.

If you’ve never owned a black car - you may want to admire them from afar, with someone else dealing with all that goes with owning a black car. But...maybe you're the kind of guy that is 'up for the job'. Because maybe you have loads of time and energy to deal with it. If so, you either don't have a job, or a wife, or a girlfriend (or both!), or children...or a even a life!

A scratch on a black car means only one thing - extreme sadness. Be prepared, because you will have zillions of tiny scratches all over your black beauty. You know what color the car is underneath that glossy black? White. You know what scratches black cars? Car washes. Yes, you must always wash it by hand, or that slick black paint will be gouged with zillions of little white arcs where the car wash spinners hit it. Oh, but guess what? If you even touch your paint when you hand wash it - you too will also be putting zillions of scratches in the paint. It simply cannot be avoided. A scratched-up black car is not sexy. Don’t let your black car go like that. Don’t let it get all scratched up because you’re too lazy to wash it by hand either. Or, because it's too cold. Or, you don't have the time. Nothing is worse looking than a black car with white swirl rainbows in the black paint that is supposed to be like a fine mirror finish. Be prepared to buy thousands of dollars worth of products and tools to keep it decent looking. Are you ready to wash/clean, strip, clay, polish and wax/coat on a regular basis? All to see it looking less than sexy again as soon as you drive it around the block.

You will park under a tree only once where birds are known to perch. It will only take you one time to park under the trees in a parking lot notorious for attracting flocks of pooping birds to learn this lesson the hard way. If the bird poop remains for more than an hour on that soft black finish the paint becomes acid etched for sure, which will add nicely to all those swirls and scratches.

Black cars aren’t just hot, they are HOT. Getting into a black car on an average summer day is like getting inside a Weber barbecue with the coals at a perfect red glow. If you like to wear shorts, get used to the smell of bacon frying. It takes longer for the A/C to put out the fire.

Other than that - enjoy your black car!

Last edited by bclexus; 12-04-17 at 08:44 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by bclexus:
Hulk181 (12-08-22), Pacman9270 (02-07-18), tiguy99 (11-04-18)
Old 12-04-17, 09:59 AM
bb700092
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

According to the laws of physics, lighter colors (e.g. white, silver, beige) reflect more light than darker colors (e.g. black, dark grey, dark blue). So if you want to show off the curves and lines of your car, go for a lighter color. If you want to hide them, go for a darker color. IMHO, the curves and lines of the GS are too sexy to be hidden.

Then comes the issue of contrast. The black spindle grill and blacked out tail lights (in 2016+ MY) contrast more with lighter body colors and get somewhat hidden if the color is dark. Again, if you want to show off these contrasts, go for a lighter color; otherwise a darker color.

Having said that, a rich black color has its own aura and class. That is perhaps why almost all presidential cars are black in color, inside and out.
Old 12-04-17, 10:35 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Originally Posted by bclexus
You were seduced by that black car - weren't you? Let me explain...

There’s nothing sexier than a shiny, clean black car. Nothing!
There is nothing LESS sexy than a dusty, or dirty, or scratched black car. Nothing!

When you’re looking for a new car, the black one will seduce you. You’ll look at that model in another color, think about being practical, but the black one will wink at you. Tip its chin. Purr, “Hey baby… I want you inside me.” Walk away NOW, or you’ll take it for a test drive. When you get into a black car for the first time, you’ll feel dangerously sexier than you ever felt in your whole life. Your inner panther will roar. You’ll tingle in places you forgot you had. You’ll like it. And, chances are - you’ll buy it. The other cars just won’t make you tingle like that. Your only protection is to never get behind the wheel of a black car in the first place. Just walk away, and life will be uncomplicated. But, you’ll always wonder…what if.

A thin film of dust becomes luminescent on a black car. Every single spot of anything, even dried sterile water, stands out like a goober zit on prom night. At first, it will disturb and upset you so much that you’ll wash your car immediately. And…then it’ll be dusty again before you even finish drying it. An unknown little fact: Black cars only stay clean for a mere 42 seconds. But, they are the sexiest 42 seconds you’ll ever know. Because of that 42 second rush, you’ll wash your black baby faithfully every weekend. For the first year anyway. And then, all those scratches and swirls you put in the paint taking care of your baby will erode your resolve. You’ll start skipping. People will stare at your car in disgust, and make all sorts of judgments about your sloppiness. You'll scream things at them like; 'Shut up - I just washed this damn car 15 minutes ago.' Of course, you could always buy the black car and make it a garage queen...and never drive it. That's really smart! But hey, it will still get dusty...and all scratched up by you carefully hand washing it.

If you’ve never owned a black car - you may want to admire them from afar, with someone else dealing with all that goes with owning a black car. But...maybe you're the kind of guy that is 'up for the job'. Because maybe you have loads of time and energy to deal with it. If so, you either don't have a job, or a wife, or a girlfriend (or both!), or children...or a even a life!

A scratch on a black car means only one thing - extreme sadness. Be prepared, because you will have zillions of tiny scratches all over your black beauty. You know what color the car is underneath that glossy black? White. You know what scratches black cars? Car washes. Yes, you must always wash it by hand, or that slick black paint will be gouged with zillions of little white arcs where the car wash spinners hit it. Oh, but guess what? If you even touch your paint when you hand wash it - you too will also be putting zillions of scratches in the paint. It simply cannot be avoided. A scratched-up black car is not sexy. Don’t let your black car go like that. Don’t let it get all scratched up because you’re too lazy to wash it by hand either. Or, because it's too cold. Or, you don't have the time. Nothing is worse looking than a black car with white swirl rainbows in the black paint that is supposed to be like a fine mirror finish. Be prepared to buy thousands of dollars worth of products and tools to keep it decent looking. Are you ready to wash/clean, strip, clay, polish and wax/coat on a regular basis? All to see it looking less than sexy again as soon as you drive it around the block.

You will park under a tree only once where birds are known to perch. It will only take you one time to park under the trees in a parking lot notorious for attracting flocks of pooping birds to learn this lesson the hard way. If the bird poop remains for more than an hour on that soft black finish the paint becomes acid etched for sure, which will add nicely to all those swirls and scratches.

Black cars aren’t just hot, they are HOT. Getting into a black car on an average summer day is like getting inside a Weber barbecue with the coals at a perfect red glow. If you like to wear shorts, get used to the smell of bacon frying. It takes longer for the A/C to put out the fire.

Other than that - enjoy your black car!
Well, I wasn't even looking into buying a GS. I ran across it on a ebay listing with a seller that sold rebuilt title cars, it was about half the price of a normal one. I looked into it more and pulled the trigger on it. I had always wanted a black car in the past, and yeah I had heard from people its hard to keep clean but didn't realize it until I owned it. I'm very picky about keeping cars clean and have been into detailing supplies as a hobby for a few years now. This car is not only black paint but black interior so yes it is hot especially in Texas. I can't complain for the price I paid though, I really like the car, and it looks amazing like you said when it is clean. I only hand wash the car and yet some of the microfibers will still scratch it up. I will likley have the car autoflexed in some form of blue in the near future. Autoflex can be wetsanded and polished, is completely removable without harming the below paint and can "heal" with scratch with the sun.

That finish has not been wetsanded or polished yet either.
Old 12-04-17, 12:30 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw
I will likley have the car autoflexed in some form of blue in the near future. Autoflex can be wetsanded and polished, is completely removable without harming the below paint and can "heal" with scratch with the sun.
One good thing about having a black interior is that you can Autoflex your car any color you wish and the black interior will go with it perfectly. Are you planning to go with a wild blue color, or something more common?
Old 12-04-17, 01:25 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Originally Posted by bclexus
One good thing about having a black interior is that you can Autoflex your car any color you wish and the black interior will go with it perfectly. Are you planning to go with a wild blue color, or something more common?
It will be some form of blue most likely but I will probably leave my roof black. There’s tons of pearls out there I can use, also considered white with a shifting base over it.
Old 12-04-17, 02:21 PM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

What Exterior Color Is Your GS 350?-photo892.jpg

Proper.
Old 02-06-18, 12:00 PM
Superman60
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Blue is my favorite color, but decided to go with Obsidian/Flaxen so far no regrets.

Last edited by Superman60; 02-06-18 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-07-18, 08:04 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 323 Likes on 213 Posts

White never gets old. Especially the Lexus Ultra white. It's the best white I've seen. However, if I was to do it again, I would do the USB.
I'm a little iffy on the Atomic Silver. When we were shopping for the RX, I thought the Atmomic Silver was unique. Having own it for 9 months on the RX, the color really doesn't do much for me any more. I want to upgrade the GS-F sport to a GSF but local dealer only the Atmomic Silver. The closest USB GSF I can find is 500miles away in Virginia.
Old 02-07-18, 11:59 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Road trip time Nick.

Quick Reply: What Exterior Color Is Your GS 350?