GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models
View Poll Results: Do You Consider Yourself To Be OCD About Your GS 350?
Yes
78.00%
No
22.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Are You OCD About Your GS 350?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-16, 08:41 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Went out and bought a Swiffer yesterday lol!

On a diff note, you guys really serious about not driving in the rain?
Old 03-07-16, 05:19 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

I'm OCD but when I drive my car, I drive it hard and I do drive in the rain!

I don't drive my LFA in the rain though.

Old 02-07-18, 12:34 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I'm OCD but when I drive my car, I drive it hard and I do drive in the rain!

I don't drive my LFA in the rain though.
The reason you don't drive the LFA [at all] is because your wife won't let you...
Old 02-07-18, 01:52 PM
bossjonny
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I clean and vacuum it once a week. No smoking, and no hand prints on the outside. Keep cloth nearby to wipe hand prints off near doors. I park way out in any parking lot to avoid door dings.
Old 02-07-18, 04:00 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by bossjonny
Yes, I clean and vacuum it once a week. No smoking, and no hand prints on the outside. Keep cloth nearby to wipe hand prints off near doors. I park way out in any parking lot to avoid door dings.
I had that poll question too!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-interior.html
Old 02-08-18, 12:01 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

I vacuum my floor mats daily and I cringe when people close the passengers door by pushing on the black piano finish window b pillar frame.
The following users liked this post:
np20412 (02-08-18)
Old 02-08-18, 04:28 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 360 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by highrev6
I vacuum my floor mats daily and I cringe when people close the passengers door by pushing on the black piano finish window b pillar frame.
I hate that too so i wrapped it in Cf. No more fingerprints!
Old 02-08-18, 04:37 AM
Cobra611
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
I guess i am the only one who keeps a swiffer duster wand in my door pockets. I keep my cars so clean and when I do sell them people always comment how perfect the i interior is for its mileage. I sold a 2006 LS430 with 240,000 miles and people tell me its like it had only less than 1000 miles on her. Still smells like new.
I keep mine in the truck, along with 5 clean towels for the car wash..
Old 02-08-18, 06:28 AM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I was really OCD first 2 years... past year or so, don't care as much
Old 02-09-18, 01:35 PM
MikeLucky
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm pretty OCD. Nothing other than my two Yeti mugs visible in the car (20oz for coffee and 30oz for Diet Mt. Dew). Both mugs are black just like the car. Nothing kept in the door pockets or on the dash. Microfiber cloth in the glove box and it gets used daily. With the exception of 2 or 3 cold winter months here in Oklahoma, I wash the car weekly, touchless and I dry and detail myself. My glove box has the manuals, the microfiber, and a leatherman multi-tool in it, nothing else. Because my GS doesn't have a sunglass holder I did have to buy a clip holder for my visor. My work badge goes in the small coin compartment to the left of the steering wheel, nothing else. the center console cubby is, in contrast, my free for all. Anything else I want in the car only goes in there; phone charger, hand sanitizer, small metal cup for change, pens, lotion, chapstick, tire pressure gauge, etc. My trunk has an umbrella, my regular license plate (since I have a personalized plate), road hazard kit, and a small cooler.

Now, after reading this thread, my glovebox will now be the home for a swiffer duster, so the microfiber won't need to be used for dusting.

As for driving, I use my cars. My GS is my baby but it also takes care of me regardless of the weather conditions. AWD for weather conditions and for fun. I have the clear film on the front and will never own a car without it again. Definitely drive in rain and use my rain sensing windshield wipers and they make me happy because I'm 'Merican and it's 2018 and that's how I roll! lol.

We have a G37 convertible in the garage that doesn't see any bad weather. It's really my wife's summer car. She drives her Infiniti QX60 during the Winter, when it's raining or when she needs more than two seats to haul kids around. She's more OCD about her two cars than I am about mine. She thinks I'm a neanderthal. lol
Old 02-09-18, 02:15 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeLucky
I'm pretty OCD. Nothing other than my two Yeti mugs visible in the car (20oz for coffee and 30oz for Diet Mt. Dew). Both mugs are black just like the car. Nothing kept in the door pockets or on the dash. Microfiber cloth in the glove box and it gets used daily. With the exception of 2 or 3 cold winter months here in Oklahoma, I wash the car weekly, touchless and I dry and detail myself. My glove box has the manuals, the microfiber, and a leatherman multi-tool in it, nothing else. Because my GS doesn't have a sunglass holder I did have to buy a clip holder for my visor. My work badge goes in the small coin compartment to the left of the steering wheel, nothing else. the center console cubby is, in contrast, my free for all. Anything else I want in the car only goes in there; phone charger, hand sanitizer, small metal cup for change, pens, lotion, chapstick, tire pressure gauge, etc. My trunk has an umbrella, my regular license plate (since I have a personalized plate), road hazard kit, and a small cooler.

Now, after reading this thread, my glovebox will now be the home for a swiffer duster, so the microfiber won't need to be used for dusting.

As for driving, I use my cars. My GS is my baby but it also takes care of me regardless of the weather conditions. AWD for weather conditions and for fun. I have the clear film on the front and will never own a car without it again. Definitely drive in rain and use my rain sensing windshield wipers and they make me happy because I'm 'Merican and it's 2018 and that's how I roll! lol.

We have a G37 convertible in the garage that doesn't see any bad weather. It's really my wife's summer car. She drives her Infiniti QX60 during the Winter, when it's raining or when she needs more than two seats to haul kids around. She's more OCD about her two cars than I am about mine. She thinks I'm a neanderthal. lol
Pics. of your 18? F-Sport?
Old 02-10-18, 09:46 AM
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

This is great I thought I was the only one with OCD about there GS man I do all that stuff mentioned above, I try not to drive my GS in the rain but I mean come on sometimes you can't help it. I've been lucky my GS stays parked in the garage in the winter here in the Northeast is rough on our cars.but this is good I feel better. lol
Old 02-10-18, 11:14 AM
MikeLucky
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
Pics. of your 18? F-Sport?
My GS is a 2013 AWD Lux.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-present/557469-welcome-to-club-lexus-4gs-owner-roll-call-and-member-introduction-thread-post-here-73.html#post10054190

​​​​​​The G

The QX60

Last edited by MikeLucky; 02-10-18 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-10-18, 02:47 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 396 Posts

Good looking cars! What's your 'go to' products for maintaining your black cars? I have an 18 GS in Caviar.
Old 02-10-18, 08:50 PM
PGA71
Advanced

Received 409 Likes on 234 Posts

1) Drive mine in the rain and snow.
2) Drive it hard and enjoy it.
3) Take to car wash every couple weeks or so.
4) Do keep garbage box in back for wrappers and stuff and empty during fuel fill ups.
5) Lexus Winter mats now, and change to Lexus carpet mats in spring.
6) Have the microfiber cloth in the center council and trunk

Quick Reply: Are You OCD About Your GS 350?