GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

LED lights for GS 350 F sport 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-16, 12:15 PM
10tlshawd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are the 2016 GS headlights with out the triple beams have l.e.d's?I read that on there website it says one l.e.d headlight.So that means no bulbs like h.i.d to change?If that is true how do they different in brightness and color to previous h.i.d system on the GS?
Old 04-10-16, 06:59 PM
kchemist
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10tlshawd
are the 2016 GS headlights with out the triple beams have l.e.d's?I read that on there website it says one l.e.d headlight.So that means no bulbs like h.i.d to change?If that is true how do they different in brightness and color to previous h.i.d system on the GS?
I have a different take on this. I also like the tripple beam but I cant pay MSRP just because of headlights. So I think our best bet is to buy the headlights separately. Canadian version gets the triple beam so when I go to canada I m gonna head to a lexus dealership to get my hands on one of them. Do you think our wiring is compatible?
Old 04-10-16, 08:33 PM
10tlshawd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kchemist
I have a different take on this. I also like the tripple beam but I cant pay MSRP just because of headlights. So I think our best bet is to buy the headlights separately. Canadian version gets the triple beam so when I go to canada I m gonna head to a lexus dealership to get my hands on one of them. Do you think our wiring is compatible?
I am guessing the lights wouldn't be any cheaper in canada then here.Not sure if the connections on the triple beam lights are different than the regulars.My guess is its probably not plug and play.Connectors are probably different.If you do any research and find out let us know.
Old 04-11-16, 03:04 AM
GS35014
Driver School Candidate

I am guessing the lights wouldn't be any cheaper in canada then here.Not sure if the connections on the triple beam lights are different than the regulars.My guess is its probably not plug and play.Connectors are probably different.If you do any research and find out let us know.
I think he meant paying MSRP for the car if he got it in USA as he would of had to order the car custom for the LED headlights. Where as if he got a car in stock at a USA dealer he can easily get 7 to 8k off a 2016 now.
Old 04-11-16, 05:09 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

I wouldn't say "easily".

However, I don't think you have to pay MSRP. My dealer that wanted to order one for me, immediately knocked off 3%. The problem with ordering, is it takes 4 months. Who knows what kind of deals will be going on when it's time for delivery.

Also keep in mind they may stop taking orders for 2016s relatively soon.
Old 04-11-16, 06:54 PM
kchemist
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS35014
I think he meant paying MSRP for the car if he got it in USA as he would of had to order the car custom for the LED headlights. Where as if he got a car in stock at a USA dealer he can easily get 7 to 8k off a 2016 now.
That exactly what I meant. There is no point of paying MSRP or get a messily 1-2k off MSRP just for 2 headlights. I would rather spend that money elsewhere. In US most cars gets normal light and getting tripple beam would be harder. But canadian version do get triple beam and it would be much easier to get our hands on in canada (again I might be wrong) but there is a fact when you ask tripple beam light in US it would become a premium product where as in canada it would be a regular product. In any case it would be expensive but I m quite sure it would be way cheaper than $6k that was advertized on ebay.
Old 04-11-16, 07:02 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Can you buy a car in Canada and drive it home....assuming you do NOT live in Canada?
Old 04-11-16, 10:42 PM
10tlshawd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Can you buy a car in Canada and drive it home....assuming you do NOT live in Canada?
I am not sure how exactly that works.But i believe the dealerships in the u.s can not warranty anything from a canada car.So you would have to go back for any warranty problems.Proably have to pay the taxes here when you register it.Isn't the speedometer and odometer not in miles.Can you change that in the settings somehow?
Old 04-12-16, 06:41 PM
kchemist
Driver School Candidate

I am not sure how exactly that works.But i believe the dealerships in the u.s can not warranty anything from a canada car.So you would have to go back for any warranty problems.Proably have to pay the taxes here when you register it.Isn't the speedometer and odometer not in miles.Can you change that in the settings somehow?
Belive me I looked at this option. In canada you can buy a GS F sport with HUD, and tripple beam and all other bells and whistles for CAD $70k. Which is equivalent to $54k USD. So with a good deal we could have got it for around $50k. All F sport can convert to US units just by changing the settings menu (remember all F sports have all digital speedometer). Taxes for US import car is really low I think it will be around $1k. Lexus also honor Canadian warranty in USA. So everything is good but only problem is when I enquire canadian dealership told me they cant sell it to a US customer unless I have Canadian address. This is the problem.
Old 04-13-16, 07:56 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Yeah, you CANNOT buy a car in Canada if you don't live there, or plan to drive it there.

Lexus On The Park (Toronto) has the freaking car that I want....can't do anything "aboot" it. Cripes!

"It's against export laws..."
Old 04-14-16, 07:02 AM
GS35014
Driver School Candidate

I wouldn't say "easily".

However, I don't think you have to pay MSRP. My dealer that wanted to order one for me, immediately knocked off 3%. The problem with ordering, is it takes 4 months. Who knows what kind of deals will be going on when it's time for delivery.

Also keep in mind they may stop taking orders for 2016s relatively soon.
Yes, you can easily get 7k to 8k off msrp on a in stock GS350 F Sport.... I just got one....
Old 04-14-16, 07:29 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

It's all relative. They're not as eager to give those types of discounts down here.
Old 04-14-16, 01:18 PM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

Yeah, you CANNOT buy a car in Canada if you don't live there, or plan to drive it there.

Lexus On The Park (Toronto) has the freaking car that I want....can't do anything "aboot" it. Cripes!

"It's against export laws..."
Rent a room from someone for a month in Canada and get a temp CDN drivers license for the address?
Old 04-15-16, 02:26 AM
GS35014
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Davenlei
Rent a room from someone for a month in Canada and get a temp CDN drivers license for the address?
You also forget they make you sign a paper saying you wont export the car, When i picked up my 2016 GS350 F Sport they made me sign a paper stating I won't export the vehicle out of the USA and that the vehicle was for USA use only. I still have a copy of it if anyone wants to see it...
Old 04-15-16, 02:43 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

^^^ that's some **** lexus rules right there

Quick Reply: LED lights for GS 350 F sport 2016?