Lexus cherry popped. 2016 GS350 AWD F-sport Caviar/Rioja

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-16, 06:02 AM
Lucyfer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus cherry popped. 2016 GS350 AWD F-sport Caviar/Rioja

Hi all

Chris dropping in. Just wanted to introduce myself as a new (and first) owner of a Lexus

So here to learn or contribute in any way I can!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Lexus cherry popped. 2016 GS350 AWD F-sport Caviar/Rioja-newlexus.jpg  
Old 05-02-16, 07:51 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to the family chris I also got my GS 2 weeks ago and live within the DMV area. Any mods you plan to do to your car? I love the fact that in MD that tints are not a primary reason to get a ticket T.T
Old 05-02-16, 07:58 AM
2Squared
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Nice, welcome the 4th Gen GS club.
Old 05-02-16, 08:19 AM
Lucyfer
Rookie

Originally Posted by SRC350F
welcome to the family chris I also got my GS 2 weeks ago and live within the DMV area. Any mods you plan to do to your car? I love the fact that in MD that tints are not a primary reason to get a ticket T.T

Word! Nothing big but I saw a good Amazon deal ($99) on a Vantrue R2 dash cam so I installed that last night.

Next up, I am looking for a good tint shop right now, any recommendation?

I am also interested to see another member's (biggame) drop height with the Tanabe NF210 in another thread. Might consider that and then a front lip.
Old 05-02-16, 08:24 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ChrisLe22
Word! Nothing big but I saw a good Amazon deal ($99) on a Vantrue R2 dash cam so I installed that last night.

Next up, I am looking for a good tint shop right now, any recommendation?

I am also interested to see another member's (biggame) drop height with the Tanabe NF210 in another thread. Might consider that and then a front lip.
If Fairfax, VA is not too far a drive, TINT FX. You can get all around without front windshield for about $297, this is for Suntek CXP. They did a great job for my GS. If you want to add a little purr to your car get the takeda CAI intake, if you would like I can record and then upload the recording of what it sounds like. I plan to add a subwoofer to my car, a nice 10" and then work on coils.

Forgot to ask mind showing a picture of what the dash cam looks like after the installation? Thank you.
Old 05-02-16, 08:30 AM
Lucyfer
Rookie

If Fairfax, VA is not too far a drive, TINT FX. You can get all around without front windshield for about $297, this is for Suntek CXP. They did a great job for my GS. If you want to add a little purr to your car get the takeda CAI intake, if you would like I can record and then upload the recording of what it sounds like. I plan to add a subwoofer to my car, a nice 10" and then work on coils.

Forgot to ask mind showing a picture of what the dash cam looks like after the installation? Thank you.

Sure I'll snap a pic when I get home. I was going to purchase a hard wire kit but the cord they provided was actually long enough for me to work with. Managed to hide about 95%.

Yeah at this point, I will click to see and watch anything mod-related to the 2016 GS haha
Old 05-02-16, 08:43 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Actually here, since the engines are the same this video works.

Old 05-02-16, 08:48 AM
Lucyfer
Rookie

Actually here, since the engines are the same this video works.

Takeda CAI - 2015 Lexus RC350 - Sound Clip - YouTube
WOW this will def be on my wish list.

Out of curiosity, is there a particular go-to shop DMV members go to for their Lexus modding needs?
Old 05-02-16, 08:51 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ChrisLe22
WOW this will def be on my wish list.

Out of curiosity, is there a particular go-to shop DMV members go to for their Lexus modding needs?
Not that I know of.. if you find one let me know. Also if you need any help installing the CAI first time around hit me up. I can bring the needed tools and help you first go around to limit the time spent on it.

Also if you plan to keep stock coilovers for a while, but want to have sharper turns, look at the tanabe strut bar.

ATM I am looking into a well known body shop to paint the chrome, biggame painted his chrome and it looks amazing. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9470138
Old 05-02-16, 08:59 AM
Lucyfer
Rookie

Not that I know of.. if you find one let me know. Also if you need any help installing the CAI first time around hit me up. I can bring the needed tools and help you first go around to limit the time spent on it.

Also if you plan to keep stock coilovers for a while, but want to have sharper turns, look at the tanabe strut bar.

ATM I am looking into a well known body shop to paint the chrome, biggame painted his chrome and it looks amazing. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9470138
Thanks for the offer!

I am kind of digging the dark bronze chrome on the GS-Fs. Going to hold out to see if they will have an aftermarket part; but the painted black chrome is pretty money too.
Old 05-02-16, 09:00 AM
Lucyfer
Rookie

Old 05-02-16, 12:20 PM
Lucyfer
Rookie

Here is the front lip I am waiting for:

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2015/11/...us-gs-f-sport/

Hope there's a group buy
Old 05-02-16, 12:24 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

ooh LET ME KNOW haha I would not mind the lip at all. TRD make some great kits, subtle yet gets the job done.
Old 05-02-16, 05:59 PM
Lucyfer
Rookie

Until I don't feel paranoid and figure out how to stick it behind the A-pillar without an airbag blowing in my face, here ya go:

Old 05-24-16, 07:09 PM
Lucyfer
Rookie

Because black is not as forgiving, I decided my first major mods would be to install Suntek film protection (front bumper only) and Opti Coat Pro Plus. I haven't seen it in person yet but here are some photos my detail guy sent me:

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Lexus cherry popped. 2016 GS350 AWD F-sport Caviar/Rioja