GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Help please Certified 2013 Lexus GS 350 Base $34900?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-16, 06:21 PM
SunnySoCal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine maybe 1 1/2 months ago, 2013 GS Fsport with park assist, blind spot, mark levinson certified cpo w/25k miles for $32.5. I think my price was ok, not super great. Now it should be cheaper than that
Old 06-07-16, 06:37 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,157 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by luckytige
Thanks for you input. i felt the same way about the price i am looking for the (F) sport specefically most are wanting $33,900 and above i have been looking on cars .com for a few weeks now and need to get in a car this week as i am currently in a rental. If you come across anything send me a link...much appreciated.
You should be able to walk away with the base price on an AWD F-Sport for under 33k. The AWD however, is going to add a little bit to the cost of a CPO'13 F-Sport.

If you're willing to compromise on color/mileage there are a few cars out there. Any '13 GS with under 50k miles is going to be great if it has a clean 1-owner carfax. I bought my non-f-sport '13 last year, CPO with 43k miles and as expected, no headaches. Here are some examples of cars that are similarly equipped to the one you were looking at:

RWD:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1930/overview/

AWD:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...9282/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2256/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8520/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1568/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6352/overview/

Last edited by AJLex19; 06-07-16 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-08-16, 12:05 AM
luckytige
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SunnySoCal
I got mine maybe 1 1/2 months ago, 2013 GS Fsport with park assist, blind spot, mark levinson certified cpo w/25k miles for $32.5. I think my price was ok, not super great. Now it should be cheaper than that
where did you purchase?
Old 06-08-16, 12:20 AM
SunnySoCal
Driver School Candidate

Longo Lexus in El Monte
Old 06-08-16, 08:57 AM
luckytige
Driver School Candidate

There is another dealer I was looking at that suddenly dropped the price by $1000 in 3 days. They wanted $34990 now dropped to $33,990 car has 30,000miles f sport with cold weather and AWD.
Old 06-08-16, 09:22 AM
SunnySoCal
Driver School Candidate

Thats a little better, so maybe they'll knock another $500-1000 when you're there in person negotiating
Old 06-08-16, 09:30 AM
grayson73
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Any '13 GS with under 50k miles is going to be great if it has a clean 1-owner carfax.
Do you think that's true for leased vehicles that are not being sold by Lexus? I always wonder why Lexus doesn't sell it themselves.
Old 06-08-16, 10:15 AM
luckytige
Driver School Candidate

Thats a little better, so maybe they'll knock another $500-1000 when you're there in person negotiating
Well I am a out of state buyer I won't have to go in doing it all over the phone.
Old 06-08-16, 11:58 AM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grayson73
Do you think that's true for leased vehicles that are not being sold by Lexus? I always wonder why Lexus doesn't sell it themselves.
A clean CARFAX does *_NOT_* mean that the car has never been wrecked. There's dealers out there who buy subpar cars and sell them for subpar money, many of which have clean Carfax reports.

As far as lease returns go... If a Lexus dealer grounds a car then I have first crack at it. If I don't buy it then it opens up to all Lexus dealers. These cars are opened up for sale every morning.

I have never seen a nice GS or IS F-Sport make it past the morning.

Ever.

Every single nice scarce Lexus is generally sold by Lunchtime if not sooner. These are the cars that just do not last:

IS F-Sport (Except IS350s were hit or miss as LFS was grossly overpricing them)
ES Ultra Luxury
RX with rare options (ML, HUD, etc)
RX F-Sport (Sometimes these are overpriced so they sit)
GS F-Sport
GS Lux
GS with ML
GS450h
LS except base Comfort Pack and BSM only SWBs
GX
LX

What sits around? Typically equipped RXs and ESs, ISs that aren't F-Sports, No-Navi GXs. CTs.

But the good stuff? It sells and it sells quickly.

I watch dealer direct like a hawk... and it pays off. Just this morning I snagged an LS600hL. It's why I have a half a dozen GS F-Sports and IS F-Sports on the lot.

So. For a Lexus to pass through all of our hands and make it to the auction means one of a few things:

1) It's not a nice car.

2) It had outstanding payments and the grounding dealer wasn't making them (IE a GS that the local BMW dealer dropped off).

3) It was a repo and never made it to dealer direct and MUST be auctioned off.

4) It was a lease return with some issue and MUST go to auction. These are rare.

Someone asked me about a 2014 GS350 F-Sport recently... White w Cabernet interior. This is a car that any Lexus dealer would kill to have on their lot if nice.

I have attached a pic of the car's service history. It has a clean Carfax. It's on a used car lot for cheap money for a reason.

This car was sold at auction a few weeks later with an announcement for $27,750.

A nice one like it will bring around $32K at auction.
Old 06-08-16, 04:29 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rld14
A clean CARFAX does *_NOT_* mean that the car has never been wrecked. There's dealers out there who buy subpar cars and sell them for subpar money, many of which have clean Carfax reports.

As far as lease returns go... If a Lexus dealer grounds a car then I have first crack at it. If I don't buy it then it opens up to all Lexus dealers. These cars are opened up for sale every morning.

I have never seen a nice GS or IS F-Sport make it past the morning.

Ever.

Every single nice scarce Lexus is generally sold by Lunchtime if not sooner. These are the cars that just do not last:

IS F-Sport (Except IS350s were hit or miss as LFS was grossly overpricing them)
ES Ultra Luxury
RX with rare options (ML, HUD, etc)
RX F-Sport (Sometimes these are overpriced so they sit)
GS F-Sport
GS Lux
GS with ML
GS450h
LS except base Comfort Pack and BSM only SWBs
GX
LX

What sits around? Typically equipped RXs and ESs, ISs that aren't F-Sports, No-Navi GXs. CTs.

But the good stuff? It sells and it sells quickly.

I watch dealer direct like a hawk... and it pays off. Just this morning I snagged an LS600hL. It's why I have a half a dozen GS F-Sports and IS F-Sports on the lot.

So. For a Lexus to pass through all of our hands and make it to the auction means one of a few things:

1) It's not a nice car.

2) It had outstanding payments and the grounding dealer wasn't making them (IE a GS that the local BMW dealer dropped off).

3) It was a repo and never made it to dealer direct and MUST be auctioned off.

4) It was a lease return with some issue and MUST go to auction. These are rare.

Someone asked me about a 2014 GS350 F-Sport recently... White w Cabernet interior. This is a car that any Lexus dealer would kill to have on their lot if nice.

I have attached a pic of the car's service history. It has a clean Carfax. It's on a used car lot for cheap money for a reason.

This car was sold at auction a few weeks later with an announcement for $27,750.

A nice one like it will bring around $32K at auction.
That's a lot of good info! If I was to PM you my vin would you be able to see if it had any issues that I'm not aware of? I bought it from Texas Direct Auto and I think it was bought at auction. It was a lease return.
Old 06-08-16, 04:48 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Feel free to PM me.

Oh and $34,900 is a bit much... right now a 13 F Sport with 30K if nice, right color... CPO.. closer to $34K.

One of those $33K ones that AJLex posted is mine but I have had it for 30 days so it has to go.
Old 06-08-16, 06:59 PM
luckytige
Driver School Candidate

Feel free to PM me.

Oh and $34,900 is a bit much... right now a 13 F Sport with 30K if nice, right color... CPO.. closer to $34K.

One of those $33K ones that AJLex posted is mine but I have had it for 30 days so it has to go.
They offered me the car at $33,400 CPO AWD with cold weather package...out the door @ around $34,050 it has 30,700 miles was this too much or a fair deal? I just can't justify paying for this rental car any longer when my money could be put towards that car Payment. I am also having it inspected by Alliance auto inspectors prior to signing of on any deals.

Last edited by luckytige; 06-08-16 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-08-16, 08:29 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by luckytige
They offered me the car at $33,400 CPO AWD with cold weather package...out the door @ around $34,050 it has 30,700 miles was this too much or a fair deal? I just can't justify paying for this rental car any longer when my money could be put towards that car Payment. I am also having it inspected by Alliance auto inspectors prior to signing of on any deals.
Fair price if all is well with the car.

Most importantly, do you like the car, equipment, color, etc?
Old 06-08-16, 08:43 PM
luckytige
Driver School Candidate

Fair price if all is well with the car.

Most importantly, do you like the car, equipment, color, etc?
Well i thought if it's certified pre-owned what could possibly be wrong with the car it would have to go through the inspection process I would assume right? The color combination I love that was my second choice in color and it has all the options I wanted AWD that was very big factor in my purchasing decision even though I live in the south I have always been accustomed to an all-wheel-drive Acura RL with their super handle all-wheel-drive. I really would've loved to get the heads up display and Mark Levinson but I guess you cant get everything in one shot and you can't always find the same options together I really appreciate Your time to respond with interest and advice do you think if my inspection find anything on the car that would be room for more negotiation?

Last edited by luckytige; 06-08-16 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-09-16, 04:47 AM
Hooksta
Driver School Candidate

Speaking as someone that "assumed" either stereo would be just fine, I would hold out for the ML stereo if you could. The standard stereo sounds like a fairly typical "high end" Toyota stereo...which is really not very good. If you had an Acura with the ELS system (Tech Package) then you will be VERY disappointed in the standard 12 speaker Lexus radio.

Quick Reply: Help please Certified 2013 Lexus GS 350 Base $34900?