GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Help please Certified 2013 Lexus GS 350 Base $34900?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-16, 05:32 AM
grayson73
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rld14
Feel free to PM me.

Oh and $34,900 is a bit much... right now a 13 F Sport with 30K if nice, right color... CPO.. closer to $34K.

One of those $33K ones that AJLex posted is mine but I have had it for 30 days so it has to go.
So what do you do to get rid of it if it "has to go?" Do you lower the price so that someone buys it?
Old 06-09-16, 06:10 AM
Terragotti
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its funny how we are looking at the same cars for sale and thinking the same thing about the price. I came up here to see if i could find some information about a good price for those cars myself, Smart minds think similar, lol
Old 06-09-16, 07:16 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Is it reasonable to ask wheels to be fixed or replaced on a CPO purchase? I see a lot of CPOs on-line with curb rash? Do dealers agree to do this?

Ed
Old 06-09-16, 07:39 AM
NickL
Racer

Received 409 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300Es
Is it reasonable to ask wheels to be fixed or replaced on a CPO purchase? I see a lot of CPOs on-line with curb rash? Do dealers agree to do this?

Ed
Definitely ask them to refinish the rims. They can do a beautiful job. We just picked up a 2009 GS(not even certified) for my father and the rims were in pretty rough shape. they agreed to refinish the rims and they looked like new. We were very impressed.
Old 06-09-16, 08:42 AM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by luckytige
Well i thought if it's certified pre-owned what could possibly be wrong with the car it would have to go through the inspection process I would assume right? The color combination I love that was my second choice in color and it has all the options I wanted AWD that was very big factor in my purchasing decision even though I live in the south I have always been accustomed to an all-wheel-drive Acura RL with their super handle all-wheel-drive. I really would've loved to get the heads up display and Mark Levinson but I guess you cant get everything in one shot and you can't always find the same options together I really appreciate Your time to respond with interest and advice do you think if my inspection find anything on the car that would be room for more negotiation?
I suppose it depends what they find. I would be more concerned with previous accident damage than anything else.

ML is rare on GS F-Sports. In the past 90 days I have had 2 and that's because I actively seek them out. 1 was a trade, 1 I purchased. In that same time period I must have moved close to 25 F-Sports.

HUD? On an F-Sport? I have never seen one personally.
Old 06-09-16, 08:44 AM
rld14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by grayson73
So what do you do to get rid of it if it "has to go?" Do you lower the price so that someone buys it?
Yup.

I have a Non-F with a dirty carfax that I am dropping until it sells. Basically if I can wholesale the car for $X, then $X + Cost of cert + cost of detail is as low as I go regardless of what I own it for.
Old 06-09-16, 12:01 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SC300Es

Ed
A CPO car shouldn't have scuffed up rims, I would say that 60-70% of my CPO rims end up getting refinished. It's not a big deal, I think I pay $60-75 a wheel depending.
Old 06-09-16, 12:31 PM
grayson73
Pole Position

If you want F-Sport with Levinson, here are two for under $33k:

http://www.lcpo.com/VehicleDetails/c...-OH/2752517883
http://www.lcpo.com/VehicleDetails/c...-IL/2768758433
Old 06-09-16, 07:45 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I suppose it depends what they find. I would be more concerned with previous accident damage than anything else.

ML is rare on GS F-Sports. In the past 90 days I have had 2 and that's because I actively seek them out. 1 was a trade, 1 I purchased. In that same time period I must have moved close to 25 F-Sports.

HUD? On an F-Sport? I have never seen one personally.
I've driven a couple '13 here in the ATX F-sport with HUD.
Old 06-10-16, 01:16 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spoogenet
I've driven a couple '13 here in the ATX F-sport with HUD.
Yup. RWDs.

I'm up in AWD-Land. Its like OT / Power trunk, common on RWDs, never seen on AWD F-Sports.
Old 06-10-16, 03:28 PM
luckytige
Driver School Candidate

Well i got back my inspection report on the GS F350 today these are the findings:

Grade : A

"Test drive was performed and went well. The vehicle drove straight and the steering wheel is positioned correctly. The vehicle accelerated very good. There was no pulsation when stopping. The vehicle drove smoothly. The bumper has some small chips on it. The right front wheel has curb rash that is 1 to 2" in length. The hood panel has been repainted.

how do i proceed from here with the dealer...how much discount are we looking at for these items i was already at $33,500 + my tax and fees

Last edited by luckytige; 06-10-16 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-10-16, 09:34 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

I would say 31.5-32k. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 06-13-16, 07:20 AM
grayson73
Pole Position

Originally Posted by luckytige
Well i got back my inspection report on the GS F350 today these are the findings:

Grade : A

"Test drive was performed and went well. The vehicle drove straight and the steering wheel is positioned correctly. The vehicle accelerated very good. There was no pulsation when stopping. The vehicle drove smoothly. The bumper has some small chips on it. The right front wheel has curb rash that is 1 to 2" in length. The hood panel has been repainted.

how do i proceed from here with the dealer...how much discount are we looking at for these items i was already at $33,500 + my tax and fees
Who gave you this inspection report and how much did it cost?
Old 08-09-16, 10:03 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

A clean CARFAX does *_NOT_* mean that the car has never been wrecked. There's dealers out there who buy subpar cars and sell them for subpar money, many of which have clean Carfax reports.

As far as lease returns go... If a Lexus dealer grounds a car then I have first crack at it. If I don't buy it then it opens up to all Lexus dealers. These cars are opened up for sale every morning.

I have never seen a nice GS or IS F-Sport make it past the morning.

Ever.

But the good stuff? It sells and it sells quickly.

I watch dealer direct like a hawk... and it pays off. Just this morning I snagged an LS600hL. It's why I have a half a dozen GS F-Sports and IS F-Sports on the lot.

So. For a Lexus to pass through all of our hands and make it to the auction means one of a few things:

1) It's not a nice car.

2) It had outstanding payments and the grounding dealer wasn't making them (IE a GS that the local BMW dealer dropped off).

3) It was a repo and never made it to dealer direct and MUST be auctioned off.

4) It was a lease return with some issue and MUST go to auction. These are rare.
Just to clarify, if Carfax says the vehicle was sold at auction and purchased by a Lexus dealer, does that mean it didn't go thru dealer direct?

Ed
Old 08-15-16, 05:56 PM
Avp
Driver School Candidate

Negotiating with a dealer for a 2014 GS 350 F sport, White with the cabernet interior. No ML but around 20k miles, looks very nice doesnt look like any scratches or anything major. Also has a clean carfax. I got them down to 34,000. Still a little too high for me, would this be a good deal?

Quick Reply: Help please Certified 2013 Lexus GS 350 Base $34900?