GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Navigation Screen Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-16, 02:17 PM
Lexus61030
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Lexus Corporate:

One of our partner suppliers conducted an update to our radio (which is not unusual) that has caused a problem to the navigation system. We are aware of the problem and are working on a fix now. This is not a cyber attack.
Old 06-07-16, 02:33 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

So this happened to u all with an active XM radio right?

Well, my XM has been dead for a year now and I haven't renewed it, maybe that's why mine is not affected? I'll try my map later when I get out and see if that works.
Old 06-07-16, 05:54 PM
pander
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Its North Korea. The end is near!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-16, 05:59 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Mine has no problem, just tried everything again, it works like normal. Maybe it only affects 15+?
Old 06-07-16, 08:56 PM
SKA430
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2016 is down also - no radio, no map...the screen blinks pink every 12 seconds or so. Very strange.
Old 06-07-16, 08:58 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think I missed the update. Car was in my garage and didn't start it all day today. My buddies car got zapped and he in did the negative battery cable for 10 min and that rebooted it. Seems to be fine now.
Old 06-07-16, 09:23 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

Disconnecting the battery is only a temporary fix...did it for my sister's NX in the morning, but the problem was back in the afternoon.

Hopefully Lexus will have it resolved soon. Annoying not to have radio/media functions.
Old 06-07-16, 09:44 PM
namzug
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<br >
Old 06-07-16, 09:47 PM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wife told me about this today, glad to hear I don't have to make a service appointment . Hopefully Lexus gets this resolved ASAP..
Old 06-07-16, 10:58 PM
neilsarkar
Driver

My GS350's head unit has been predictably bricked as well. Sigh. No music or traffic update during the evening commute.

[Rant]
What's more infuriating is no communication whatsoever from Lexus corporate even though my GS is registered in LexusDrivers.com. If I were not a frequenter in this forum, I would have made a service appointment by now.

This is a big blow to Lexus' reputation for reliability, IMO. In 2016, reliability does not equate to mechanical reliability only. How can we trust a company to drive us autonomously when they cannot execute an OTA firmware update properly?

[/Rant]
Old 06-08-16, 04:15 AM
kenlex16
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marjenmill
Here's an odd thing that happened to me today - I drove to my kid's school to drop them off and had turned off my 2015 GS with no ML and not an F sport. When I got back in to start it, my navigation screen went through its normal startup screen (Lexus picture and then the 'warning' message) and then went blank except in the area where the "Sport" or "Eco" mode are shown.

The only thing showing now is the "Radio Off" area unless I change transmission mode which shows that. The map area shows nothing and no matter what button I push (radio on/off, map, menu, etc.) nothing shows up and there is no sound from the radio.

I've tried restarting my car several different times and it still goes through the startup so I know the screen is okay, but something isn't allowing the map or other features to show.

Any ideas? I have an appt tomorrow with the dealer.

Go to your fuse box and pull the fuses that pertain to your radio in my RX 450h that was two fuses one 15 and 10 amp. I then went inside and started the vehicle till the nav screen turned all pink (about a minute and half). Turn off the vehicle go back and insert fuses again where you took them out from. Then go back and turn on vehicle again and leave it on (do not shut it down) you will see a screen popup that shows loading with a bar going across the screen. Wait with car on till it completes and then the NAV comes up again. I had the full NAV, Radio and my phone still attached and working with no problems. Did the same for my wife's vehicle and both are back up again. Don't know how long it will last or if this is temp fix since I'm sure I did not get the updated fix from the dealer but I take both into the dealer next week for the 5k service and I'll address this with them for the fix. My Lexus dealer told me they have a work around fix not sure what that means or if it's what I already did just now. Hope this work for all you out there.
Old 06-08-16, 05:57 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 320 Likes on 211 Posts

So is it a software update bug or a satellite glitch?
My 2015 F-Sport infotainment is working properly and I just updated Enform the other night.
Old 06-08-16, 06:29 AM
neilsarkar
Driver

Originally Posted by NickL
So is it a software update bug or a satellite glitch?
My 2015 F-Sport infotainment is working properly and I just updated Enform the other night.
It's a software bug. A satellite glitch would have affected cars from other brands. Even Lexus models from 2013 and before are unaffected.
Old 06-08-16, 06:50 AM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happened to me too but not until this morning. Good thing I checked here before scheduling an appointment. I started to wonder if it was my stereo install that was causing the problem. Now if hopefully they can get this together soon. I do have radio, which cuts out, but I cannot see which station I am on. My right side info screen does work though.
Old 06-08-16, 07:37 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

more help

http://www.engadget.com/2016/06/07/l...otched-update/

Quick Reply: Navigation Screen Not Working