GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

??Discount Parts Monster??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-18, 07:57 AM
Buddiiee
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just ordered a compact spare rim from them. Just came in. Their email correspondence leaves a LOT to be desired. They can't spell or assemble statements in an American fashion leading me to believe they're Cuban or Dominican and you get no tracking numbers or phone numbers either but their prices were a few dollars less than everyone elses.
Old 03-07-18, 08:35 AM
eddie420

Received 630 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddiiee
Just ordered a compact spare rim from them. Just came in. Their email correspondence leaves a LOT to be desired. They can't spell or assemble statements in an American fashion leading me to believe they're Cuban or Dominican and you get no tracking numbers or phone numbers either but their prices were a few dollars less than everyone elses.
They are from from Hollywood, FL so that would explain that. Then again, I've ordered from them in the past and has been fine. I cancelled an order with them recently and ordered through https://www.oemvehicleparts.com/ who have a dedicated phone line and their email response is super quick. Plus, they don't charge tax so even though DiscountPartsMonster might be a few dollars cheaper on the parts, it ends up being more expensive after tax.
The following users liked this post:
Browneagle (02-03-23)
Old 02-07-23, 02:04 PM
ColBuff
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! No warranty or service on DOA parts.

Originally Posted by trbosmitty
Looking to order some OEM parts and wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this company ? Thanks in advance!

http://www.discountpartsmonster.com
Purchased a full front Rack for my Lexus but unit is defective (proven by local Lexus dealer). I reported the problem and was offered nothing. No help or anything. Part was sourced via Lexus of North Miami and sent to Toyota Store that operates this site out of Hollywood, Florida. They drop shipped it to me and then ran away from the problem. All of these companies are owned by the Craig Zinn Auto Group. I can't even get the Lexus 1 year warranty for parts at this point because they refuse to send me the invoice showing providence on the part. Part cost about $2500 but the problem has cost me almost $7500 so far. Lexus dealer stated that's what you get when you buy wholesale.. no warranty on the parts ordered... even if they are true Lexus parts. Notice that Discountpartsmonther.com has no phone numbers or anything.. The street address is for the Toyota Dealership. Craig Zinn auto group should be ashamed of what they are doing here. I am filing a complaint with Lexus and Toyota of North America as a follow up. Do NOT do business with these guys.
Old 02-07-23, 02:36 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,159 Likes on 855 Posts

@ColBuff sorry to hear that - I know mylparts.com (Lexus of Roseville, CA) and ssl-parts.com (Lexus of Superstition Springs, AZ) are legit and any parts i've ordered from them included an invoice and the ability to contact the parts manager directly at those dealerships.

I've been weary of using discountpartsmonster because of their lower prices and lack of "contact us" options. Thanks for the heads up and terribly sorry to hear of your negative experience.
Old 02-07-23, 02:45 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,373 Likes on 1,087 Posts

Originally Posted by ColBuff
Purchased a full front Rack for my Lexus but unit is defective (proven by local Lexus dealer). I reported the problem and was offered nothing. No help or anything. Part was sourced via Lexus of North Miami and sent to Toyota Store that operates this site out of Hollywood, Florida. They drop shipped it to me and then ran away from the problem. All of these companies are owned by the Craig Zinn Auto Group. I can't even get the Lexus 1 year warranty for parts at this point because they refuse to send me the invoice showing providence on the part. Part cost about $2500 but the problem has cost me almost $7500 so far. Lexus dealer stated that's what you get when you buy wholesale.. no warranty on the parts ordered... even if they are true Lexus parts. Notice that Discountpartsmonther.com has no phone numbers or anything.. The street address is for the Toyota Dealership. Craig Zinn auto group should be ashamed of what they are doing here. I am filing a complaint with Lexus and Toyota of North America as a follow up. Do NOT do business with these guys.
Why I do not do business with when no phone number is available. The place I would be dealing with would be my credit card company filing a dispute for the charge.
Old 02-12-23, 06:46 AM
Aedesper
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great info, in need of air and cabin filters and hate scouring all of the internet for them
Old 02-14-23, 07:05 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 778 Likes on 482 Posts

I forgot to update after other experiences with Discount parts monster... I won't use them. They often times send me an email after an order stating that the item is backordered and there is not ETA. But this wasn't reflected on their website. So I end up asking for a refund.

I now order all my stuff through Bell Lexus in AZ. Joe and Dan are beyond awesome.

Currently they have a 14% sale and free shipping over 100 bucks. (not affiliated with hem at all) All the questions I've either called/emailed them gets answered and shipping is pretty quick and packed well.
I think I ordered $3-4k worth of stuff for my CT and RCF from them a few months ago. Zero issues

-Nigel
Old 02-14-23, 09:14 AM
PGA71
Advanced

Received 410 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
I forgot to update after other experiences with Discount parts monster... I won't use them. They often times send me an email after an order stating that the item is backordered and there is not ETA. But this wasn't reflected on their website. So I end up asking for a refund.

I now order all my stuff through Bell Lexus in AZ. Joe and Dan are beyond awesome.

Currently they have a 14% sale and free shipping over 100 bucks. (not affiliated with hem at all) All the questions I've either called/emailed them gets answered and shipping is pretty quick and packed well.
I think I ordered $3-4k worth of stuff for my CT and RCF from them a few months ago. Zero issues

-Nigel
Was there an email for the coupon?
Just went on their site and don't see the 14% promo.
Thnx
Old 02-14-23, 09:44 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 778 Likes on 482 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by PGA71
Was there an email for the coupon?
Just went on their site and don't see the 14% promo.
Thnx
I got a notification in email about the sale. The nice thing about their site is you don't need a coupon it just applies to site wide. I wish I would have waited on some stuff I ordered at the first of the year that is still sitting in my basement. 14% is better than the 10% at the time. Just use the coupon they have for shipping to get free shipping.

But right on their main page. Kinda small so I highlighted it.

-Nigel
The following 4 users liked this post by nigel821:
AJLex19 (02-14-23), JUTMSS32 (02-15-23), Mrke1 (02-14-23), PGA71 (02-16-23)
Old 02-15-23, 08:51 PM
JUTMSS32
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
I got a notification in email about the sale. The nice thing about their site is you don't need a coupon it just applies to site wide. I wish I would have waited on some stuff I ordered at the first of the year that is still sitting in my basement. 14% is better than the 10% at the time. Just use the coupon they have for shipping to get free shipping.
-Nigel
I will recommend Bell Lexus as well. I've used them several times with no issues and fast shipping. West Kendall Lexus seems to have some of the best prices overall of all the sites I've bookmarked and searched, but I usually use Bell because the savings on shipping will more than make up for slightly better prices elsewhere. I did get my First Aid Kit from West Kendall, but all other purchases were from Bell.

I did the same thing on the last sale because I didn't want to wait for the July 4th sales. I purchased some F-Sport grilles and illuminated door sills which are still in the box. Just waiting for better weather before I install them.