GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus dealer in Westminster CA scratched 3 of my wheels during tire rotation

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-16, 01:19 PM
Jrdonta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathanz
darn, that's suck! I scheduled my 5,000 miles inspection with dealer and for free rotations, after i thought about the careless tech might scratch my rims, i rotated myself and cancelled the app with lexus! just some tech are careless, i didn't want to take the risk.
My best friend have been taking care my car since I got the driver license so I brought it since it was FREE service only for 10000 miles. Well I will only bring to dealer unless it is under warranty service in the future.
Old 07-24-16, 01:23 PM
Jrdonta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Sewell curbed two of my rims once while I was there for service. Pointed it out to the service manager that wanted to review camera footage before granting the repair. Three hours later he said they didn't see anything on camera but asked when I wanted to schedule the free repair.

Funny thing is the day I went to pick it up I overheard a sm and another guy looking at two curbed wheels on another car.

The point is they took care of me as expected and I wouldn't hesitate going back. Every dealer makes mistakes but it's how it reacts to those mistakes that count. Service is often the bread and butter for many dealers and a bad experience in a big metro area like here will send you to another dealer.
I totally agree with you about this point. Yes we as human make a mistake however the poor service can be prevented by using correct tool and put some paper tape on the socket then it would not damage the wheels. Moreover, this service director is so arrogant when talking to customer like this. We should file complaint to corporate since I know for sure it does impact the dealer commision from manufacture.
Old 07-28-16, 01:22 PM
Lakersfan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do they manage to keep curbing wheels taking it into the back? You cant fix or recoat an anodized polished barrel, like say Volks or Works. U curb my wheel, youre buying me a new one.
Old 07-28-16, 02:35 PM
Jrdonta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lakersfan
How do they manage to keep curbing wheels taking it into the back? You cant fix or recoat an anodized polished barrel, like say Volks or Works. U curb my wheel, youre buying me a new one.
The damages are at the center of all 4 rims where socket is inserted to remove the bolts. I am going to pick up the car in 1 hour and thanks for mentioning anodized polished material of the rim. I will not settle the case if the fix is not same like original finish and the dealership does not honor its fix warranty under 4 year bumper to bumper warranty since I believe I paid my car as original owner for 4 years warranty not 1 year on the rim.
Old 08-01-16, 06:47 PM
Gen2IS26
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpink13
dont try longo they suck just as much. dont be afraid to call corporate too...maybe if enough people call corporate dealerships will stop sucking? i have similar stories.
I'm done servicing my car at Longo. They scratched my wheels on my '12 IS and now with my '14 GS 1 long and 1 small scratch on my roof suddenly appeared after the first service appt. The last straw was 3 months ago when I took it in for the 20k service. Two fresh gouges on my steering wheel. I was able to fix that myself, but that's it, finished with that place.
Old 08-02-16, 08:53 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gen2IS26
I'm done servicing my car at Longo. They scratched my wheels on my '12 IS and now with my '14 GS 1 long and 1 small scratch on my roof suddenly appeared after the first service appt. The last straw was 3 months ago when I took it in for the 20k service. Two fresh gouges on my steering wheel. I was able to fix that myself, but that's it, finished with that place.
You have more patience than me then. I have 3 Lexus dealers within 30 minutes of me. If one screws up, I let them fix their screw up and try the next dealer.
Old 08-02-16, 04:41 PM
mrpink13
Rookie

after having them fix some things that they totally messed up and some things they completely skipped druing the workorder i come to pick up my car only to find they f^ucked it up again by staining the interior. and the wheel repair STILL looks horrible, this is after two tries....absolutely unbelievable.
Old 08-03-16, 02:16 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

where do you go instead of longo? i've heard bad things about longo and westminster...that leaves keyes and newport?
Old 08-03-16, 08:51 PM
Gen2IS26
Driver

Originally Posted by jvm0685
where do you go instead of longo? i've heard bad things about longo and westminster...that leaves keyes and newport?
That's what I'm debating. It's going to be so inconvenient. Longo is 3 miles from my house, but I just can't take anymore abuse on my car from that place. It's going to be between Crown Lexus in Ontario or Lexus of Cerritos.
Old 08-03-16, 08:56 PM
Gen2IS26
Driver

Originally Posted by mrpink13
after having them fix some things that they totally messed up and some things they completely skipped druing the workorder i come to pick up my car only to find they f^ucked it up again by staining the interior. and the wheel repair STILL looks horrible, this is after two tries....absolutely unbelievable.
Man that's terrible. Sorry to hear. Just totally unacceptable!
Old 08-04-16, 08:27 AM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

I have had great experiences with Newport Lexus. They have gone above and beyond to make me happy including picking up my car at my work and leaving me a loaner when I was too busy to go there. Doubt they would do that on a normal basis but I had a special need from them which they wanted to get resolved..
Old 08-04-16, 11:17 AM
Lakersfan
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Newport lost one of my clips in tbe engine bay. They did end up sending me new ones. Unfortunately they were different and didnt Fit correctly

No complaints with they guy who helped me. I was annoyed i wasnt told beforehand they wouldnt be doing an oil change, which is what i brought it in for...

So no comment on service as i dont think they did anything. This was for the 5k "service"
Old 08-04-16, 02:55 PM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakersfan
Newport lost one of my clips in tbe engine bay. They did end up sending me new ones. Unfortunately they were different and didnt Fit correctly

No complaints with they guy who helped me. I was annoyed i wasnt told beforehand they wouldnt be doing an oil change, which is what i brought it in for...

So no comment on service as i dont think they did anything. This was for the 5k "service"

Yea, I am sure it is hit or miss with most service centers. When I took one of my other cars to South County Lexus service, they 'lost' the skid plate from under the car. Luckily I called them as soon as I got home after I saw it. Since they could not find it, they replaced it with a new one. Another time I took my car there, they did good work at a great price since they price matched another dealers quote without hassle.

Last edited by Davenlei; 08-04-16 at 03:07 PM.