GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Ebay lips fit non f-sport bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-17, 09:27 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by AJLex19
I bought some white plastidip and did one side of the lip in white and the left the other side with the "stock" matte black finish. I mocked it up today and actually preferred the subtlety of the black. IMHO, I felt like the rear black diffuser and the front lip in white was mismatched from the side profile of the car.

Fellow member viperr was correct in his assessment: the lip contours nicely to the non-F sport bumper, however it will require some slight shaping and bending to make it work.
Thanks AJlex. Speaking about colors for the lip, the vinyl sample I ordered came in yesterday and the color turned out pretty close to the wheels (depending on light and viewing angle). So I ordered a small 5x3 ft roll today. Hopefully once wrapped, the color of the front lip will play off the wheels just nicely. I also wet sanded the lip today to prep for everything coming, probably will take me 1-2 more weeks to complete this whole project.

Old 04-17-17, 12:07 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

Got the L-Style lip installed today on my non-F sport bumper. The fitment wasn't perfect but was good enough. Total cost for the lip and install was $107...Very happy with the results as its nice and subtle! Here are some pic during install and after:

Old 04-17-17, 02:42 PM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

^^^Looks good!!!
The following users liked this post:
AJLex19 (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 05:44 PM
benztolex
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice! Mine will arrive on Wed. I'll post pics once I install.
AJLex19 (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 05:53 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Yup! Looks awesome AJLex. The black lip does fit well with the white GS.
AJLex19 (04-17-17)
Old 04-17-17, 06:03 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Big thanks to viperr for your mockups...feel like i piggy-backed off your idea man but I hope you don't mind! Since I still have the plasti-dip and glossifier, i might keep it around in case I feel like mixing things up a bit and changing the lip to a white finish but so far, I'm very content...

Can't wait to see everyone else's installed! Thanks for all the feedback and kind words everyone!
Old 04-17-17, 07:20 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Big thanks to viperr for your mockups...feel like i piggy-backed off your idea man but I hope you don't mind! Since I still have the plasti-dip and glossifier, i might keep it around in case I feel like mixing things up a bit and changing the lip to a white finish but so far, I'm very content...

Can't wait to see everyone else's installed! Thanks for all the feedback and kind words everyone!
No worries bro, my posts are to share with everyone. I should thank the member: boostinsc who I initially got the idea from when he mocked up the skp replica ebay lip (which was 70% there except the mid section which required flattening out). I am glad you it worked out for you and potentially many more members here.. After all, there aren't much options for our non-Fsport bumpers, its either a $1000 lip and now this ~$50 one.
boostinsc (04-24-17)
Old 04-23-17, 05:34 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Finally done..

Old 04-23-17, 07:09 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Great job

Looks awesome especially the matching color to the F-sport wheels! Was it hard to wrap??

I have a small gap on both sides where the rounded part of the lip sits (below the fog lamps/black garnish) but yours looks like its sitting pretty flush...
viperr (04-24-17)
Old 04-23-17, 11:04 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by viperr
Finally done..

I know you wrapped it. Damn that is sexy.

What eBay buyer did you get the lips from?
Link?
viperr (04-24-17)
Old 04-24-17, 06:03 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by peasodos
I know you wrapped it. Damn that is sexy.

What eBay buyer did you get the lips from?
Link?
baysonr is the seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-Style-Fron...-/391167972034
Old 04-24-17, 08:53 AM
viperr
Intermediate

Great job

Looks awesome especially the matching color to the F-sport wheels! Was it hard to wrap??

I have a small gap on both sides where the rounded part of the lip sits (below the fog lamps/black garnish) but yours looks like its sitting pretty flush...
Thanks! The wrap wasn't that bad. It took me 2 hours to wrap the lip. Since it was my first time, took me a while since I was discovering how to handle the vinyl was and plus there were so many curves and corners to get around for wrapping. If I had to do it over again, I can probably do it in half the the time. One thing to remember, I had to prep the lip before by wet sanding it with 320 and then 800 grit sand paper (got some advice from a wrap guy called Wu's Wrap on facebook).

What gap are you referring to? I have a small one too below that foglight section. I think its normal since that part of the bumper is really curved below and the lip is horizontally flat and unable to fill into the bumper. At least air can go through that area.

Last edited by viperr; 04-24-17 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-24-17, 11:09 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by viperr
Thanks! The wrap wasn't that bad. It took me 2 hours to wrap the lip. Since it was my first time, took me a while since I was discovering how to handle the vinyl was and plus there were so many curves and corners to get around for wrapping. If I had to do it over again, I can probably do it in half the the time. One thing to remember, I had to prep the lip before by wet sanding it with 320 and then 800 grit sand paper (got some advice from a wrap guy called Wu's Wrap on facebook).

What gap are you referring to? I have a small one too below that foglight section. I think its normal since that part of the bumper is really curved below and the lip is horizontally flat and unable to fill into the bumper. At least air can go through that area.
Yep that's the gap I was referring to...I think there is no way to get it completely flush as that gap is unavoidable. I've driven on the highway and so far no problems...

Just like the rear-spoiler, I feel like a front lip should be an option for the GS from the factory because I remember when I mocked it up initially, whenever I removed the lip, the bumper looked like it was missing something! It adds a nice finishing touch.
Old 04-24-17, 12:04 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Got the L-Style lip installed today on my non-F sport bumper. The fitment wasn't perfect but was good enough. Total cost for the lip and install was $107...Very happy with the results as its nice and subtle! Here are some pic during install and after:

Did you also purchase yours from Basonr on eBay?

Last edited by peasodos; 04-24-17 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-24-17, 12:35 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by peasodos
Did you also purchase yours from Basonr on eBay?
Yes I purchased it from Baysonr as well.

Quick Reply: Ebay lips fit non f-sport bumper?