GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

AC issues...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-16, 09:45 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Original observation is normal. Now big caveat here, this is probably more about vent position.....but I've noticed after having my car serviced, the AC seems to blow harder/colder. I've tried moving the vent around to match but it just seems to hit me harder. I always leave it on Auto and the same temp, and outside temperatures haven't changed dramatically in the past few weeks.
Old 09-21-16, 10:11 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by spoogenet
Original observation is normal. Now big caveat here, this is probably more about vent position.....but I've noticed after having my car serviced, the AC seems to blow harder/colder. I've tried moving the vent around to match but it just seems to hit me harder. I always leave it on Auto and the same temp, and outside temperatures haven't changed dramatically in the past few weeks.
Did you read the posts about S-Flow? Turn it on if you want it to blow more gently, off if you want the AC blasting you.
Old 09-21-16, 07:49 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Did you read the posts about S-Flow? Turn it on if you want it to blow more gently, off if you want the AC blasting you.
Yeah, I'm familiar with S-flow, but thanks for the tip! You may have it backward in terminology, activating S-flow allows it to control the vents depending on occupancy, i.e. blast me if I'm solo. Off and it just runs all the vents as normal, with a bit less flow to the driver.

I think I got my vent adjusted back to where I want it now and it seems normal. Yesterday especially seemed to just be icing me down with the position. I must say I love the ice cold AC! I don't complain about that, just the monkey who touches a man's vents.
Old 09-21-16, 10:35 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by spoogenet
Yeah, I'm familiar with S-flow, but thanks for the tip! You may have it backward in terminology, activating S-flow allows it to control the vents depending on occupancy, i.e. blast me if I'm solo. Off and it just runs all the vents as normal, with a bit less flow to the driver.

I think I got my vent adjusted back to where I want it now and it seems normal. Yesterday especially seemed to just be icing me down with the position. I must say I love the ice cold AC! I don't complain about that, just the monkey who touches a man's vents.
No, I'm straight on how it works. It has to blow gently if s flow is on because it's expecting the rear vent to be blocked. Turn it off and it blows much harder. Just try it, I know it doesn't make much sense at first.

Edit, also dial the rear vents closed before you disable sflow, via the manual vent closing dial.
Old 09-22-16, 08:37 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
No, I'm straight on how it works. It has to blow gently if s flow is on because it's expecting the rear vent to be blocked. Turn it off and it blows much harder. Just try it, I know it doesn't make much sense at first.

Edit, also dial the rear vents closed before you disable sflow, via the manual vent closing dial.
Heh, maybe I got it wrong, will have to test it out again.