GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Advice needed - 2015 GS F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-16, 09:01 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,174 Likes on 865 Posts

You can definitely find a 2015 closer to your $36k budget (but you may have to travel a bit):
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0891/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8040/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5385/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2700/overview/
Old 12-20-16, 07:48 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 556 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by whtgsr
thanks fellas.

@mustangsal - i've quite a bit of cars out here with ML so maybe it's a california thing. i can understand cabernet might be an acquired taste. I've always had black interior so might try something different this time. While certified might be great and all, i don't think i'll need the complimentary oil changes, but the warranty is probably worth it.

@charley95 - you're right. i do see a lot more of these GS F sports in Socal. In fact, most of the the used cars i see up here are all from socal. I just think that if you factoring in plane tickets/hotels/rental car/gas/time spent driving back or shipping cost i don't think there's a lot of savings there on a used car purchase. but i might be wrong.
I think it will be worth the trip due to the savings {Pepsiguy} got on his. Deals like his are unheard of in my neck of the woods. Someone here on the forum stated that there is so much competition between dealers in S.CA. that they are willing to undercut each other.
Old 02-08-17, 11:19 PM
tinkley
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kamskeez
My car was in excellent shape, zero imperfections. Silver/Cabernet with 20k miles. The car was listed for $41k, it sat for about a month and a half before the dealer lowered it to $38k. A couple back and forth phone calls got it down to $36k, which was enough for me to take a trip down to inspect the car. I drove down with a friend and made a getaway weekend out of it. The car was beautiful and after a couple hours of typical dealer back and forth, ended at $34k, even got 0.9% financing. They still made enough profit here as well, so I was content.

Keep in mind this was early on this year, '14s can easily be had for that price now.

Since you're in CA, don't worry about shipping. There's an abundance of em out here. Just keep looking, stick to your budget and don't rush the process.

Wow! Looked like you got an insanely good deal! I'm currently in the market for a '15 F Sport and would like some pointers on how to get a CPO car down that low.. Can you let me know how much you think I should be expecting during this time.
Old 02-09-17, 12:20 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tinkley
Wow! Looked like you got an insanely good deal! I'm currently in the market for a '15 F Sport and would like some pointers on how to get a CPO car down that low.. Can you let me know how much you think I should be expecting during this time.
I follow the GS350 used market pretty closely and I do believe you can get a low mileage '15 CPO F Sport now for what I paid on my '14 last year ($34k). Dealers are getting a lot of '15s back from lease return now and many are still sitting on '14 models. '16 models are slowly coming back in to and most consumers are wanting the new style. With high supply and low demand for the GS, I think everyone in the market should be extremely aggressive going in to the dealer.

The markup on CPOs isn't very high, so don't expect a huge discount from their list price. I recommend finding cars you like that are already at a good market price and then negotiate from there. Try to do most of the negotiating away from the dealer and once you like where you're at, go in and negotiate a bit more.

A lot of people don't like haggling with dealers. I personally enjoy it haha.
Old 02-09-17, 01:33 PM
tinkley
Driver School Candidate

I follow the GS350 used market pretty closely and I do believe you can get a low mileage '15 CPO F Sport now for what I paid on my '14 last year ($34k). Dealers are getting a lot of '15s back from lease return now and many are still sitting on '14 models. '16 models are slowly coming back in to and most consumers are wanting the new style. With high supply and low demand for the GS, I think everyone in the market should be extremely aggressive going in to the dealer.

The markup on CPOs isn't very high, so don't expect a huge discount from their list price. I recommend finding cars you like that are already at a good market price and then negotiate from there. Try to do most of the negotiating away from the dealer and once you like where you're at, go in and negotiate a bit more.

A lot of people don't like haggling with dealers. I personally enjoy it haha.
Oops, I forgot to mention I'm also open to the '14s also but I really only want to pay 30k for that. Is that realistic? I already tried negotiating with 2 dealers that wouldn't budge but only offer a couple hundred off.. Here are two that I'm looking at now.

1. 2014 F Sport - 39.5k mileage (a bit more than I'd like) and they are asking $32,500
http://www.lexus.com/lcertified/sear...BE1BL2E5042539

2. 2014 F Sport - 29k mileage and they are asking $34,200
http://www.lexus.com/lcertified/sear...BE1BL7E5042648

Do you see these as reasonable deals? I don't think I would be able to talk them down to much less..

The '15's are $35k+ a bit more than I'm comfortable with paying.

Thanks!
Old 02-09-17, 02:07 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tinkley
Oops, I forgot to mention I'm also open to the '14s also but I really only want to pay 30k for that. Is that realistic? I already tried negotiating with 2 dealers that wouldn't budge but only offer a couple hundred off.. Here are two that I'm looking at now.

1. 2014 F Sport - 39.5k mileage (a bit more than I'd like) and they are asking $32,500
http://www.lexus.com/lcertified/sear...BE1BL2E5042539

2. 2014 F Sport - 29k mileage and they are asking $34,200
http://www.lexus.com/lcertified/sear...BE1BL7E5042648

Do you see these as reasonable deals? I don't think I would be able to talk them down to much less..

The '15's are $35k+ a bit more than I'm comfortable with paying.

Thanks!
$30k might be tough for a low mileage CPO. You may have to sacrifice the mileage or a couple options to get the price down there on '14. There isn't too much markup on CPOs either.

But you are in SoCal and in my research it is a saturated market for CPO GS'. Which is why I bought mine from down there. Dealers will definitely compete against one another if you can show that you have offers on a similar mileage CPO. I think for a low mileage '14 you can find one for $31-32k nowadays. $30k would be my goal as well and it's doable if you are ready to put up a lengthy battle, but getting a low mileage one for $31-32k is still solid.

My advice is use Cargurus.com to check how long the car has been on the lot and how much they've discounted it already. The longer the car sits, the more they discount it and the more they want to move it.
The following users liked this post:
tinkley (02-09-17)
Old 02-09-17, 02:48 PM
tinkley
Driver School Candidate

$30k might be tough for a low mileage CPO. You may have to sacrifice the mileage or a couple options to get the price down there on '14. There isn't too much markup on CPOs either.

But you are in SoCal and in my research it is a saturated market for CPO GS'. Which is why I bought mine from down there. Dealers will definitely compete against one another if you can show that you have offers on a similar mileage CPO. I think for a low mileage '14 you can find one for $31-32k nowadays. $30k would be my goal as well and it's doable if you are ready to put up a lengthy battle, but getting a low mileage one for $31-32k is still solid.

My advice is use Cargurus.com to check how long the car has been on the lot and how much they've discounted it already. The longer the car sits, the more they discount it and the more they want to move it.
I don't see any reasonable F Sports on there right now.. I'll just continue to wait it out. I have about one month left before my lease is up on my CT200h so hopefully I'll have more luck by then.

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.