Search this Thread

Old 12-25-16 | 07:53 PM
bigblack06

Congrats on the purchase.
Old 12-25-16 | 08:50 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 06ls430KTC
Busted! Old bath floors mats we were discarding. Thought I'd use them until I get rubber mats.
Take a look a Weather-Techs for floor mats, they are much better at protecting the carpet than the Lexus rubber floor mats. I had the Lexus rubber mats in my 14 RX which don't cover the carpet enough like the W-Tech's. My carpet stays much cleaner since I switched. BTW, was Johnson able to give you a considerable discount over and above the December to Remember $2k discount?
Old 12-26-16 | 03:03 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by charley95
Take a look a Weather-Techs for floor mats, they are much better at protecting the carpet than the Lexus rubber floor mats. I had the Lexus rubber mats in my 14 RX which don't cover the carpet enough like the W-Tech's. My carpet stays much cleaner since I switched. BTW, was Johnson able to give you a considerable discount over and above the December to Remember $2k discount?
the initial offer they put out to me was 11k off sticker. I had 13k off in my mind and they accepted it after countering once. Overall I am happy with the purchase price.
Old 12-26-16 | 05:55 AM
charley95
Pole Position

the initial offer they put out to me was 11k off sticker. I had 13k off in my mind and they accepted it after countering once. Overall I am happy with the purchase price.
Wow, nice deal! I'm saving to purchase a new one in about a year and will keep this dealer in mind. This time of year seems like the best time to purchase. Keep those W-Tech's in mind for yours, you won't regret it.
Old 12-26-16 | 06:23 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Also, you might want to check out EXPEL brand paint protection film to have installed. My friend has it on all of his cars and swears by it. My RX seems to have pretty soft paint and gets a lot of chips on the front so it's too late to have it installed. I use Dr. Colorchip for touch ups which seems to work good compared to traditional touch up paint. Your probably looking at $1000 - 1500 to have an installer cover the front of the car. I think it's well worth the $$ to reduce paint damage.
Old 12-26-16 | 06:31 AM
obadea
Intermediate

traded my 2006 LS430 for a 2016 GS350 with the luxury package.

WOW, Absolutely beautiful car. Congratulations.

Here are a few unique features of the luxury package:

- your HVAC system has the ability to push air in the front on 100% different settings to both passengers. That means that not only can you have 72 for example, and the passenger, 80, but the air flow can be different for each passenger. You can have it going to the feet, while the passenger can have it go to the face, All other HVAC systems, use different temperatures but a common air flow to deliver it for both passengers. The luxury package has different vents for each passenger.
- If you link your key with your seat settings, the car will also remember your temperature settings. If you leave the car at 72 degrees and the other key moves the temperature to 80 degrees, when you get back it, the car will change it back to 72 degrees.
- If you leave the car in ECO mode, the HVAC will automatically turn on the seat heaters if the outside temp is < 37 degrees and the seat coolers if it's over a certain outside temp (not sure what that is).
- Of course 3rd zone in the back with heated seats.
- 18 way front seats with passenger memory settings

Enjoy it, the car is absolutely beautiful.
Old 12-26-16 | 07:14 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by obadea

- your HVAC system has the ability to push air in the front on 100% different settings to both passengers. That means that not only can you have 72 for example, and the passenger, 80, but the air flow can be different for each passenger. You can have it going to the feet, while the passenger can have it go to the face, All other HVAC systems, use different temperatures but a common air flow to deliver it for both passengers. The luxury package has different vents for each passenger.
- If you link your key with your seat settings, the car will also remember your temperature settings. If you leave the car at 72 degrees and the other key moves the temperature to 80 degrees, when you get back it, the car will change it back to 72 degrees.
- If you leave the car in ECO mode, the HVAC will automatically turn on the seat heaters if the outside temp is < 37 degrees and the seat coolers if it's over a certain outside temp (not sure what that is).

Precisely why I wanted this particular package
Old 12-26-16 | 07:18 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Wow, nice deal! I'm saving to purchase a new one in about a year and will keep this dealer in mind. This time of year seems like the best time to purchase. Keep those W-Tech's in mind for yours, you won't regret it.
I read an article this morning in Money magazine and the average savings in December is 7.7%. Considering I saved a little more than 20%, I will look for a current year model right before the new year when it comes time to trade. This was truly a good deal for me and I'm very happy with the car.
Old 12-26-16 | 08:12 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

he got a great deal on a great car,
unless there is no trade involved you don't know the real discount
his 06 ls 430 can fetch 2k over wholesale so its all about play on numbers with the trade
whether it s 9 or 11 percent its a beautiful car and in my opinion the only gs to buy driving the base nav car this week left me desiring more in luxury .
that color i had on my 2001 lexus gs 300 and loved it, I'm craving a silver car again
Old 12-27-16 | 11:46 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Also, you might want to check out EXPEL brand paint protection film to have installed. My friend has it on all of his cars and swears by it. My RX seems to have pretty soft paint and gets a lot of chips on the front so it's too late to have it installed. I use Dr. Colorchip for touch ups which seems to work good compared to traditional touch up paint. Your probably looking at $1000 - 1500 to have an installer cover the front of the car. I think it's well worth the $$ to reduce paint damage.
We have an installer here for Xpel so I'll inquire for sure.
Old 12-28-16 | 03:59 PM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Went by Xpel installer today. For full front - hood, bumper, headlights, fenders and mirrors it's $1,790.
Old 12-28-16 | 06:11 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by obadea

Good info here, but note that I can set the temp settings to the key fob and have the auto seat heat/ventilation on my F Sport. Those are not luxury package items. Also note the rear seat heaters are optional on the lux package. They don't automatically come with it.
Old 12-29-16 | 09:07 AM
charley95
Pole Position

I forgot to ask, did you trade your LS in on the deal you got?
Old 12-29-16 | 03:56 PM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

I forgot to ask, did you trade your LS in on the deal you got?
Yes, I did trade the LS. It was a great car!
Old 12-29-16 | 04:21 PM
badman5
Driver

COngrats. I purchased a GS two days ago myself. Just havnt had a chance to post pics yet. How old is the average forum poster? i thought everyone was in their 20's like me...
The following users liked this post:
06ls430KTC (12-30-16)

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger today!