GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Screen Mirroring Issue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-17, 02:42 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Did you get the coupler? I'm betting you $100 that you CANNOT match up white to white, red to red and yellow to yellow. It is going to be some other crazy scenario that will make it work.
Old 01-14-17, 08:00 PM
badbwoy007
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GSBLKBLK
I got my new cables and theres a huge difference. When you line up the yellow red and white correctly I get a solid picture of a rainbow saying no signal. Not a choppy static screen like last time. Problem is,,, there's no signal.

Either my MicroUSB to HDMI cord sucks, or my converter sucks. When I unplug my converter the screen turns from no signal to black. So that tells me maybe its working??? What HDMI to MicroUSB cord do you recommend that will work ? See attached pictures, the difference between using my original cables that obviously didn't have the correct pinout alignment, and the new one. I'm so close to making this work
Try switching around the cable inputs into the HDMI box or just get the Radio Shack HDMI converter instead.
Old 01-15-17, 03:54 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Here is the documentation from the owner's manual... It's very important that the inputs are the same.

Old 01-15-17, 06:11 PM
badbwoy007
Driver

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Here is the documentation from the owner's manual... It's very important that the inputs are the same.

Based on what you pulled up from the manual, the new cable he got has the same configuration. The issue has to be something else unless he happened to get a "bad" cable.
Old 01-16-17, 09:40 AM
GSBLKBLK
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Did you get the coupler? I'm betting you $100 that you CANNOT match up white to white, red to red and yellow to yellow. It is going to be some other crazy scenario that will make it work.
don't think I need a coupler. I purchased new cables and the signal is perfect. See attached picture, tbis is using white to white, red to red, and yellow to yellow. Its solid, no static at all.

Problem is its still saying no signal. I think the micro USB to hdmi cable I'm using is no good. Going to test it on my TV today. If that's not the issue then it looks may be the actual converter that's no good. But I doubt thats the issue since when I unplug the power source to my converter the screen turns from no signal to blank.
Old 01-16-17, 09:44 AM
badbwoy007
Driver

don't think I need a coupler. I purchased new cables and the signal is perfect. See attached picture, tbis is using white to white, red to red, and yellow to yellow. Its solid, no static at all.

Problem is its still saying no signal. I think the micro USB to hdmi cable I'm using is no good. Going to test it on my TV today. If that's not tthe issue then it looks may be the actual converter that's no good. But I doubt thats the issue since when I unplug the power source to my converter the screen turns from no signal to blank.
When you test it, you need to use something that has an output like a DVD player. If you want to test it on a game system or similar, then you will need a coupler at that point.
Old 01-16-17, 09:45 AM
GSBLKBLK
Driver School Candidate

Problem is its still saying no signal. I think the micro USB to hdmi cable I'm using is no good. Going to test it on my TV today. If that's not the issue then it looks may be the actual converter that's no good. But I doubt thats the issue since when I unplug the power source to my converter the screen turns from no signal to blank.
just to let everyone know, even though my setup isn't working, using the new cables the picture (even though it's no signal) looks crisp. No static, no feedback. These are the correct cables for our input:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000IXLHOM/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-16-17, 10:02 AM
GSBLKBLK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by badbwoy007
When you test it, you need to use something that has an output like a DVD player. If you want to test it on a game system or similar, then you will need a coupler at that point.
I'm trying to mirror my phone. I think the micro USB to hdmi cord is the issue. That's what I need to test. If you look above, the first set of av cords I used couldn't get a solid picture. Swapping white red and yellow in evey combination, it was a black picture all static. Couldn't even make out the no signal in the corner. New cords and the no signal screen is perfect.

I need to test the hdmi cord that is going into my converter. I think that's why I'm getting no signal. I can just test on my TV, as an input see if my phone shows up
Old 01-16-17, 10:18 AM
badbwoy007
Driver

I'm trying to mirror my phone. I think the micro USB to hdmi cord is the issue. That's what I need to test. If you look above, the first set of av cords I used couldn't get a solid picture. Swapping white red and yellow in evey combination, it was a black picture all static. Couldn't even make out the no signal in the corner. New cords and the no signal screen is perfect.

I need to test the hdmi cord that is going into my converter. I think that's why I'm getting no signal. I can just test on my TV, as an input see if my phone shows up
Oh I got you. I was thinking you were going to test the cable in the car.

Chances are your box may be no good. Have you considered picking up a converter cable from radio shack? Even if you just want to use it as a test, you can always return it.
Old 01-16-17, 10:18 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Thank you GSBLKBLK for reporting all of your findings. I am following your topic because I have been thinking about trying the same thing at some point in the near future (on my 13' GS as well), but didn't know the exact products that I needed to make the screen mirroring work (since I already have the Beatsonic DVD bypass installed). If you get your problem resolved, I'll definitely reach out to you about this - maybe you could help me out about the exact products to purchase.

I definitely agree with you that the Zune A/V cable does NOT seem like the problem here - the pinout configuration matches what the owner's manual states.

I have a feeling it's you converter that is the culprit, but you're going through the proper "process elimination" steps to pinpoint the true cause of the problem.

G'luck sir,

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 01-16-17, 10:21 AM
badbwoy007
Driver

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Thank you GSBLKBLK for reporting all of your findings. I am following your topic because I have been thinking about trying the same thing at some point in the near future (on my 13' GS as well), but didn't know the exact products that I needed to make the screen mirroring work (since I already have the Beatsonic DVD bypass installed). If you get your problem resolved, I'll definitely reach out to you about this - maybe you could help me out about the exact products to purchase.

I definitely agree with you that the Zune A/V cable does NOT seem like the problem here - the pinout configuration matches what the owner's manual states.

I have a feeling it's you converter that is the culprit, but you're going through the proper "process elimination" steps to pinpoint the true cause of the problem.

G'luck sir,

~ Im2bz2p345
Hey, you can also check out this forum.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/764030-a-v-input-instructions.html

I left my recommendations here and also some pictures from my various tests.
Old 01-16-17, 11:50 AM
GSBLKBLK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by badbwoy007
Oh I got you. I was thinking you were going to test the cable in the car.

Chances are your box may be no good. Have you considered picking up a converter cable from radio shack? Even if you just want to use it as a test, you can always return it.
tested the micro usb to hdmi cable on my TV, no signal. I think I found the culprit. Need to replace it. Not many options out there.

I'll let you guys know
Old 01-16-17, 11:52 AM
badbwoy007
Driver

tested the micro usb to hdmi cable on my TV, no signal. I think I found the culprit. Need to replace it. Not many options out there.

I'll let you guys know
Highly recommended! Don't forget about this guy!

https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-hdmi-to-composite-converter
Old 01-17-17, 12:04 PM
GSBLKBLK
Driver School Candidate

Finally got this thing working. Long story short, found out my phone (galaxy S7 Edge) doesn't allow for a hard wire HDMI out (called MHL connection). So as I was contemplating sending back everything I already purchased, I came across a screen mirroring device. Went to bust buy, bought it, plugged it into my HDMI to AV converter and BAM. Here's list of all materials that I used and it works well. I'll also post this is the other forum I've been posting in, believe its a forum titled "screen mirroring issues"

HDMI to AV Converter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A/V Output Cables (that actually work with Lexus, no coupler needed, matching the colors up white with white, red with red, yellow with yellow)

Wireless Screen Casting Device:
https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Scr...ywords=PTV3000

Thanks to everyone who assisted me. I installed my Beat Sonic Navi bypass previously (which I highly recommend) so I am good to go. Just have to remember to look up every once and a while
The following 3 users liked this post by GSBLKBLK:
badbwoy007 (01-17-17), Im2bz2p345 (01-17-17), thebossac (03-27-17)
Old 01-17-17, 12:17 PM
badbwoy007
Driver

Finally got this thing working. Long story short, found out my phone (galaxy S7 Edge) doesn't allow for a hard wire HDMI out (called MHL connection). So as I was contemplating sending back everything I already purchased, I came across a screen mirroring device. Went to bust buy, bought it, plugged it into my HDMI to AV converter and BAM. Here's list of all materials that I used and it works well. I'll also post this is the other forum I've been posting in, believe its a forum titled "screen mirroring issues"

HDMI to AV Converter:

A/V Output Cables (that actually work with Lexus, no coupler needed, matching the colors up white with white, red with red, yellow with yellow)

Wireless Screen Casting Device:
https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Scr...ywords=PTV3000

Thanks to everyone who assisted me. I installed my Beat Sonic Navi bypass previously (which I highly recommend) so I am good to go. Just have to remember to look up every once and a while

Quick Reply: Screen Mirroring Issue!!!