GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-19, 03:49 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by baconRx
I never use the buttons on the regular key fob. I always use the handles to lock/unlock. If i think i forgot to lock i check my phone. Alternative would be to use enform but I hate the app since its so slow.
Yeah, that pretty much confirm this credit card key is not going to work for me. We have a MDX that automatically lock the doors when walking away from the car. I'm so used to this feature that I do it for my GS too, sadly it doesn't have this feature. Many times I inadvertently walk away leaving the doors unlock. So I make a habit of turning around to check that my mirrors are folded, if not, I simply click the button on remote to lock. Not having the remote and walking back to lock the car would be a major PITA! Enform is useless because it's so slow plus the subscription is expensive for what you get.
Old 02-25-19, 03:53 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Yeah, that pretty much confirm this credit card key is not going to work for me. We have a MDX that automatically lock the doors when walking away from the car. I'm so used to this feature that I do it for my GS too, sadly it doesn't have this feature. Many times I inadvertently walk away leaving the doors unlock. So I make a habit of turning around to check that my mirrors are folded, if not, I simply click the button on remote to lock. Not having the remote and walking back to lock the car would be a major PITA! Enform is useless because it's so slow plus the subscription is expensive for what you get.
my brother's pilot does the same. To me its normal cause my car before this didn't have the feature and I had to lock it manually anyways. Like you I look at my mirrors to see if its locked and while I still have enform the app tells me when its been left unlocked automatically.
Old 02-26-19, 12:47 PM
soulless
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

added CF inserts to the rear Lexus emblem, wasn't quite sure if i was gonna like it but it ended up looking pretty good to me.

Old 02-26-19, 01:53 PM
chiz45
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

45k service, replaced a couple of fuses for 12V and seat heaters, and replaced the OEM front brakes with Powerstop Z23. I only have about 80 miles on it, but so far, so good.
Old 02-26-19, 04:16 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Got my 2nd service done today. First time it's been washed in like 4 months and they actually did a pretty good job. I normally only wash it myself but it was too dirty to resist & I really didn't feel like doing it.

The following 2 users liked this post by signdetres:
eddie420 (02-27-19), kode3 (02-26-19)
Old 02-26-19, 07:37 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by soulless
added CF inserts to the rear Lexus emblem, wasn't quite sure if i was gonna like it but it ended up looking pretty good to me.

So where did you get it? I've been wanting to try that out on my Liq Plat, but the ebay seller is out of stock. Lots of others for IS, RC, etc, but I'm not sure they would work on the GS. Can you post a link to your seller/vendor?

Thanks!
Old 02-26-19, 07:46 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,151 Likes on 849 Posts

Originally Posted by signdetres
Got my 2nd service done today. First time it's been washed in like 4 months and they actually did a pretty good job. I normally only wash it myself but it was too dirty to resist & I really didn't feel like doing it.

So CLEAN, headlamp light just straight refracting!! Quite possibly the best color on the 4GS IMHO
The following users liked this post:
signdetres (02-26-19)
Old 02-26-19, 08:44 PM
soulless
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by chinee
So where did you get it? I've been wanting to try that out on my Liq Plat, but the ebay seller is out of stock. Lots of others for IS, RC, etc, but I'm not sure they would work on the GS. Can you post a link to your seller/vendor?

Thanks!
Yeah i bought it from the seller you're probably talking about since i'm checking and its sold out for now.. seller is "blksline". I bought it on Dec and didn't get to it until now, hopefully he has more stock coming soon
Old 02-27-19, 09:32 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Put the sound generator back on today. Much less boring now, feels like it has its character back. Definitely more fun

Old 02-27-19, 09:56 AM
donkiboy
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by soulless

Where did you get these? The seller that had them on Ebay has been sold out for months.
Old 02-27-19, 10:05 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by baconRx

Added the credit card key to my car. Has the F logo cause its the GSF key but works on our 350s apparently. Part number is 89904-30L50 for the card and you have to buy the key insert seperately
How much does this end up costing? Does it work with 2015? I lost my second set so this may be an option.

If you don't want to publicly share please PM me.

Ed
Old 02-27-19, 02:34 PM
BUZY3215
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Technically not "done today" but I'll be installing it this weekend. F Sport carbon steering wheel with matching red leather and paddle shift. Great job Elvin!

Old 02-27-19, 03:58 PM
dphu626
Pole Position

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by BUZY3215
Technically not "done today" but I'll be installing it this weekend. F Sport carbon steering wheel with matching red leather and paddle shift. Great job Elvin!
Elvin does amazing work. I have a full CF shift **** from him. I'm leaning towards getting a steering wheel too.
Old 02-27-19, 03:58 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Put the sound generator back on today. Much less boring now, feels like it has its character back. Definitely more fun
I've been thinking about that too... now that I've started giving up the grandpa-driving style, I was thinking a little more "vroom" sound might not be bad...
Old 02-27-19, 04:33 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

Originally Posted by chinee
I've been thinking about that too... now that I've started giving up the grandpa-driving style, I was thinking a little more "vroom" sound might not be bad...
I can't imagine taking it off to begin with.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?