My neighbors cat decided my paint was too nice
Just found some more on my hood 🤬
Old 05-30-19, 08:42 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardB23

Just found some more on my hood 🤬
Damn man, I'd be livid if that was my car. How are you going to prove it was the neighbor's cat that did that? Do you have security cameras? Better get some heavy duty car covers if you park outside. You'll need full paint correction..looking at $$$.
Old 05-30-19, 08:46 AM
RichardB23
Pole Position

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Damn man, I'd be livid if that was my car. How are you going to prove it was the neighbor's cat that did that? Do you have security cameras? Better get some heavy duty car covers if you park outside. You'll need full paint correction..looking at $$$.
We have cameras outside in our driveway but unfortunately I was parked in the blind spot of it. My brother however discovered some ok his car and so did the gf and they park in the driveway so I’m gonna have to review the video and then go over there and have a talk with them and probably gonna try to come back with a quote from a shop to get it fixed
Old 05-30-19, 08:56 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Just found some more on my hood ��
Some of those don't exactly look like cat scratches, scratches are too numerous and close together, it almost looks like a object was used to scrape your car or possibly some other kind of animal. Normally a cat only leaves scratches if they are quickly jumping/running off. I would get a cheap camera and set it up to look at your car overnight. Also try washing and waxing your finish so it is very slippery for a animal to even try to get on your car. A car cover is about your only other solution.

There were dozens of stray cats at my apartment complex one time that would get on my GS, they were everywhere,fortunately I did not notice where they really scratched the car, maybe one or two spots that were pretty minor. I bought some tennis ***** and threw them at the ones that would get on my car, seemed to work somewhat. Then I went to management and told them about the cats, girl was basically like they are just strays, we don't bother them or plan to have them removed, I said I will be sending you the bill for the paint job then since you just let stray gets roam around the apartment complex that are damaging your tenants property, I then said you don't mind if I shoot them with a pellet gun then, she was pretty shocked and said don't do that. I think that might have helped and got them to take action because I heard someone did come around to get a few of them and did not notice nearly as many after that.
The following users liked this post:
RichardB23 (05-30-19)
Old 05-30-19, 08:59 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Good luck man, hope your neighbor is not a ***** and will work with you. I hate damn cats, wish them all go to hell. Years ago, the neighbor's cats sleeping on my porch spread fleas all over my house. We ended up removing all the carpets. Hell and misery because of those damn cats. I hate them so much. I run them off the road if I see one. He leaves food and water outside attracting raccoons and possums.
RichardB23 (05-30-19)
Old 05-30-19, 09:02 AM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Dom87SS
this is where I got mine from last year along with a replica stock spoiler in carbon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those are the same ones I got. I also got the Carbon Spoiler from them as well, hell, they actually sent me 2 (spoilers) on accident, lol.

Old 05-30-19, 09:05 AM
RichardB23
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UDel
Some of those don't exactly look like cat scratches, scratches are too numerous and close together, it almost looks like a object was used to scrape your car or possibly some other kind of animal. Normally a cat only leaves scratches if they are quickly jumping/running off. I would get a cheap camera and set it up to look at your car overnight. Also try washing and waxing your finish so it is very slippery for a animal to even try to get on your car. A car cover is about your only other solution.

There were dozens of stray cats at my apartment complex one time that would get on my GS, they were everywhere,fortunately I did not notice where they really scratched the car, maybe one or two spots that were pretty minor. I bought some tennis ***** and threw them at the ones that would get on my car, seemed to work somewhat. Then I went to management and told them about the cats, girl was basically like they are just strays, we don't bother them or plan to have them removed, I said I will be sending you the bill for the paint job then since you just let stray gets roam around the apartment complex that are damaging your tenants property, I then said you don't mind if I shoot them with a pellet gun then, she was pretty shocked and said don't do that. I think that might have helped and got them to take action because I heard someone did come around to get a few of them and did not notice nearly as many after that.
I do see the close together ones but its the only thing i can think of. we dont really have a rodent issue in our neighborhood nor do i park under a tree or anything so its the only thing i can think of. Pellet gun sounds like a nice solution since my car wasnt the only one affected (my brother has scratches all over his IS and my girlfriend has them on her TLX.

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Good luck man, hope your neighbor is not a ***** and will work with you. I hate damn cats, wish them all go to hell. Years ago, the neighbor's cats sleeping on my porch spread fleas all over my house. We ended up removing all the carpets. Hell and misery because of those damn cats. I hate them so much. I run them off the road if I see one. He leaves food and water outside attracting raccoons and possums.
they are generally nice until it cost them money like the fence we share that they refused to split. hoping they do the right thing but not many people do now days.
Old 05-30-19, 09:55 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Some of those don't exactly look like cat scratches, scratches are too numerous and close together, it almost looks like a object was used to scrape your car or possibly some other kind of animal. Normally a cat only leaves scratches if they are quickly jumping/running off.
I do see the close together ones but its the only thing i can think of. we dont really have a rodent issue in our neighborhood nor do i park under a tree or anything so its the only thing i can think of. Pellet gun sounds like a nice solution since my car wasnt the only one affected (my brother has scratches all over his IS and my girlfriend has them on her TLX.
I agree - those scratches don't look like they were caused by a cat. It looks like some type of object was slid across the surface.
Old 05-30-19, 10:25 AM
RichardB23
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bclexus
I agree - those scratches don't look like they were caused by a cat. It looks like some type of object was slid across the surface.
I've never placed anything atop my GS and it would also not make sense since 2 other cars have been affected all in the same driveway.
Old 05-30-19, 10:45 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

@RichardB23 I agreed with the other commentators. I don't think a cat did this. Did you find any paw prints? I usually see that damn beast's paw prints on my hood when it has been sleeping on my car. I think you're going to have a tough time proofing your case with your neighbor. I'd just get some polish and a good rotary tool to buff out those scratches. Might as well detail the entire car, you got a lot of fine scratches everywhere anyways nothing a little hard work couldn't fix. Get yourself a good car cover or move to a house with garage.
RichardB23 (05-30-19)
Old 05-30-19, 10:53 AM
CaptRog21
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts

First bath since putting on the Tanabe springs. Love the way it sits now. Next on the agenda is to finally paint my rear calipers.
The following 4 users liked this post by CaptRog21:
AJLex19 (05-30-19), Amuse350z (05-30-19), Biggsnuff (05-30-19), signdetres (05-30-19)
Old 05-30-19, 10:58 AM
Amuse350z
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptRog21
First bath since putting on the Tanabe springs. Love the way it sits now. Next on the agenda is to finally paint my rear calipers.
very nice height! Love that it kills the wheel gaps. Are you using any spacers?

did you wrap your own chrome pieces on the window? If so, did you buy the pre-cut vinyl film they sell? How hard was it to do? I'm thinking of removing the WellVisor and wrapping the chrome.......
Biggsnuff (05-30-19)
Old 05-30-19, 01:48 PM
barrycarey
Driver School Candidate

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Amuse350z

did you wrap your own chrome pieces on the window? If so, did you buy the pre-cut vinyl film they sell? How hard was it to do? I'm thinking of removing the WellVisor and wrapping the chrome.......
I'm curious about this as well. Getting ready to go down this road.
Biggsnuff (05-30-19)
Old 05-30-19, 03:07 PM
CaptRog21
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Amuse350z

No spacers. Was thinking about doing that but have decided I am just going to switch out the wheels and go with something that has a negative offset to make the tires flush. Any excuse to get new wheels

Didn't wrap the chrome myself, I hired it out. Thought about trying it myself but didn't have the time. Made a huge difference in the look of the car tho IMO. I would highly recommend it. I did the front end and the rear exhaust tips as well.
Biggsnuff (05-30-19)
Old 05-30-19, 04:03 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

Washed, waxed, parked, and took a picture.
Just love the low, wide aspect of this lovely machine.

Edit: I also love the red signal wraps. It's a nice clean look on red and black. On gray, silver, and white, I prefer the amber signals as an accent color.

Last edited by jonathancl; 05-31-19 at 08:33 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by jonathancl:
AJLex19 (05-30-19), Amuse350z (05-31-19), Biggsnuff (05-30-19)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?