Old 08-20-19, 03:15 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggsnuff
Added some Fog lights to the Black Pearl

What body shop did the bumper mod?
How much did it cost you?

Last edited by peasodos; 08-20-19 at 03:19 AM.
Old 08-20-19, 05:15 AM
Biggsnuff
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
What body shop did the bumper mod?
How much did it cost you?

I got it done here in Miami at a place called Son’s Auto body....

its a a pretty penny, a lot of parts needed like new parking sensors, shock absorber, the grill is a separate cost from the bumper. Then you need a shop that knows how to cut part of your bumper to mold on to the new one.
Old 08-20-19, 05:29 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

I got it done here in Miami at a place called Son’s Auto body....

its a a pretty penny, a lot of parts needed like new parking sensors, shock absorber, the grill is a separate cost from the bumper. Then you need a shop that knows how to cut part of your bumper to mold on to the new one.
Outside of the cost of parts what did it end up costing you in bodywork/paint?
Old 08-20-19, 06:05 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Got then from EBay
Found some, from $89 to $105, includes switch, harness and relay. Can you give me a little feedback on what the install entailed?

I’m guessing you had to run wires to the interior and install a separate switch? How hard was it? What did the switch look like and where did you install it? Does it look OEM or add-on?

If possible, can you post some additional pics?
Old 08-20-19, 06:21 AM
Biggsnuff
Driver

Originally Posted by chinee
Found some, from $89 to $105, includes switch, harness and relay. Can you give me a little feedback on what the install entailed?

I’m guessing you had to run wires to the interior and install a separate switch? How hard was it? What did the switch look like and where did you install it? Does it look OEM or add-on?

Not hard at all just connected them to the daytime running lights. Went in through the wheel well and ran the wiring up to the lights. Took me about about 1hr & half to do the whole thing. But if you can I suggest letting a professional install it. It should be no more than 150-200 bucks.
Old 08-20-19, 06:24 AM
Biggsnuff
Driver

Originally Posted by peasodos
Outside of the cost of parts what did it end up costing you in bodywork/paint?

Well he did some other work to my front end to fix some imperfections but, it should run you about 2k depending on the shop that does it because if they know what they are doing the labor shouldn’t cost much as it won’t take long. But if they don’t know and are trying to figure out how to mod as they go they may tax you for the labor. Something to consider when finding a shop.
Old 08-20-19, 06:35 AM
GS350Boi
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Added some Fog lights to the Black Pearl

Are your fogs ran on a separate switch? I would love to see your switch and hear any info on how the fogs were ran.
Old 08-20-19, 07:13 AM
Biggsnuff
Driver

Originally Posted by GS350Boi
Are your fogs ran on a separate switch? I would love to see your switch and hear any info on how the fogs were ran.

No switch, it’s is connect to my DTR lights.
Old 08-20-19, 07:33 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Not hard at all just connected them to the daytime running lights. Went in through the wheel well and ran the wiring up to the lights. Took me about about 1hr & half to do the whole thing. But if you can I suggest letting a professional install it. It should be no more than 150-200 bucks.
How did you determine the wiring for the DRLs? Did you look at wiring information from other threads? Was it a simple splice into the existing wiring?

Actually what I’m really asking is if you can spoon-feed me and tell me which wires, etc. and pictures too!

if you don’t have it, no big deal. I’m not averse to putting in a little research on my own...
Old 08-20-19, 09:32 AM
Biggsnuff
Driver

How did you determine the wiring for the DRLs? Did you look at wiring information from other threads? Was it a simple splice into the existing wiring?

Actually what I’m really asking is if you can spoon-feed me and tell me which wires, etc. and pictures too!

if you don’t have it, no big deal. I’m not averse to putting in a little research on my own...

no I don’t have the info, my friend did the wiring I just assisted with the install.
Old 08-20-19, 07:59 PM
IntrinoX
Instructor

Received 561 Likes on 329 Posts

I tinted the reverse portion of the tail lights with light some luxe lightwrap!

Old 08-21-19, 10:32 AM
GS350Boi
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I would pay you a bag of Doritos and a 2Liter of Sprite to know exactly what you did. Members have been trying to figure this out for a long time. Im assuming you guys tapped the power wire to your DRL's. I have done this in the past on other vehicles, even though everyone cautions against it and says it can burn your car down or melt your fuse box this way. You would be cooler than a Yetti eating frozen spaghetti if you could confirm exactly which wire you tapped!
Old 08-27-19, 09:58 PM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Installed the Quantum Solenoid. Increased power and better throttle response

Old 08-28-19, 02:05 AM
IntrinoX
Instructor

Received 561 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by oldwineguy
Installed the Quantum Solenoid. Increased power and better throttle response

Woah, what is this?
Old 08-28-19, 06:14 AM
oldwineguy
Lead Lap

Received 115 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by itsRaymond
Woah, what is this?
Here's the link to their website - https://www.qspwr.com/ Can definitely tell a difference.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?