Originally Posted by buckets
looks good! Is this the eBay bumper?
Yes it is!
Old 07-24-20, 11:24 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebitduh
Getting my new bumper installed. Should be done tomorrow, just wrapping up a few small details.

Looks great! Do you mind listing all the parts # you purchased for this conversion? I'm planning to do same with my 2015 F Sport.
Old 07-24-20, 12:12 PM
buckets
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes it is!

nice how the fitment work out for you? Been trying to order one but seems like it’s sold out on ebay
Old 07-24-20, 12:40 PM
buckets
Pit Crew

Nothing major but forgot which member posted the part number for the 2016+ mouse control but thank you! Makes a huge difference! Cheap easy upgrade.

Oh and I had my headlights wet sanded and polished

Last edited by buckets; 07-24-20 at 12:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by buckets:
chinee (07-25-20), DiscoJango (07-25-20)
Old 07-24-20, 07:08 PM
Ebitduh
Driver School Candidate

Received 82 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Looks great! Do you mind listing all the parts # you purchased for this conversion? I'm planning to do same with my 2015 F Sport.
Lexus lock support 53217-30904, to help push bumper up and close gap by the hood.

Lexus emblem. I bought an LX emblem and modified it to slide right I to the grill.

And sensor retainers for the front parking sensors. 89348-33110

nice how the fitment work out for you? Been trying to order one but seems like it’s sold out on ebay
Fitment isn't 100%, small issue with matching around the headlight and grill, but the shop did a great job using what they had to work with.

All done!

The following users liked this post:
jdpdata (07-24-20)
Old 07-24-20, 07:17 PM
buckets
Pit Crew

Lexus lock support 53217-30904, to help push bumper up and close gap by the hood.

Lexus emblem. I bought an LX emblem and modified it to slide right I to the grill.

And sensor retainers for the front parking sensors. 89348-33110

Fitment isn't 100%, small issue with matching around the headlight and grill, but the shop did a great job using what they had to work with.

All done!

it looks good from the pics. I was more concerned about the fitment from hood to bumper. Did you order through eBay or ikon motor sports website? And how long was the wait? Thanks
Old 07-24-20, 07:24 PM
Ebitduh
Driver School Candidate

Received 82 Likes on 26 Posts

it looks good from the pics. I was more concerned about the fitment from hood to bumper. Did you order through eBay or ikon motor sports website? And how long was the wait? Thanks
Getting the bracket I mentioned earlier will close the gap between the hood to bumper. There was a seller on Ebay that had a few available, but has since sold out.
DiscoJango (07-25-20)
Old 07-25-20, 12:13 AM
DiscoJango
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

The weekend is here so i finally got time to wash my new GS with my current IS, both 350 F-Sports. Booking the GS to get a full cut and polish in the next few weeks so it should come out much nicer then/

I like this pic, it highlights the size difference between the IS & GS.
Old 07-25-20, 03:03 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Getting the bracket I mentioned earlier will close the gap between the hood to bumper. There was a seller on Ebay that had a few available, but has since sold out.
If you wrap the chrome gloss black, the gap will be a lot less noticeable.
Old 07-25-20, 07:58 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

Guys I cheated on my GS again... this time with a Tesla Model Y Performance and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to come back from this... A buddy of mine came by with one that he just picked up and I got to drive it around for an hour or so.

What did you do to your GS today?-vrroaf2.jpg

What did you do to your GS today?-ij3jwfa.jpg

What did you do to your GS today?-ctlclla.jpg

Everything you've ever heard about the poor build quality is true. If you looked for it, the issues are there. Runny paint, bubbly paint, adhesive bonding material that leaked and dried during the manufacturing process, slightly uneven panel gaps, etc. These were only found in the trunk jams, frunk jams, etc. Nothing like this could be seen just by looking at the car from inside/outside with everything closed, but if you know where to look, like I do since I frequent TeslaMotorsClub off and on, you'll see it.

I've always said there's NO WAY IN HELL I'd be able to drive a Tesla knowing about all these flaws, because frankly, on a $68,000 car like the one I drove, it's unacceptable... It would still be unacceptable and probably unheard of on a $15k Chevy... and when you're coming from a Lexus where everything is perfect and no detail was left untouched, it's a hard pill to swallow... but that said, I don't know who I am or who I'm becoming, but I think I can find it in me to look past all that.

I think there are so many reasons NOT to get one but I can't even think about my drive with it yesterday and not smile or laugh when recalling how much fun we had in it. I can't remember the last time a car made both my passenger and I laugh our heads off. I can't remember the last time I had that much fun behind the wheel of a car or as a passenger. And when you're not doing 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and want to drive it calmly and smoothly, I hate to say this, but it certainly has the GS beat. In city/low-speed driving, an area I always thought the GS excelled at in terms of driving refinement and comfort, it has the Lexus beat. You just can't get any smoother than an electric powertrain.

It definitely has the "cool factor" too. We had people approach us to ask about it and the amount of people who stop and stare as we're driving is unreal. As we'd pass by people dining outside, they would literally get out of their seats as we drove past them to check it out and this was in an area where there are Rolls Royce Cullinans, Lamborghini Huracans, S-Classes by the boatload, etc. and I've never seen anyone give those cars even a passing glance. It's unreal, especially considering almost everyone here already has a Model 3/Model X/Model S, so Tesla's aren't a rare sight here. You see more Teslas than you do Lexuses here.

I will say, in photos, I was never a fan of the interior of the Model Y. In person though, I actually really liked the clean and minimalist design with the slab of wood that spans across the whole dash, the almost invisible air vents, etc. The build quality of the interior was surprisingly good and felt really solid with no rattles, creaks or anything of that nature. The simple nature of the interior made it easy to focus on just driving and nothing else. I barely tried AutoPilot for all of 10 seconds. It's too much fun to drive yourself.

Don't get me started on all the tech though. I played with the self-parking feature, which worked fantastically and being able to Summon the car to us via smartphone was epic.

Hopping back into the GS though, the immediate thought that came to mind was "oh wow, this is a real interior." If you ever find yourself under-appreciating the interior of your GS, you need to step back for a minute and have a refresher. Go spend time in something else and then go back and sit in your GS. Everything from the look of the interior, the materials, the seat adjustability and comfort, the buttons oh the buttons, etc. It made me realize how much the GS spoils you, though I can't say I felt the same about the driving experience of the GS afterwards. I was worried the way the Tesla drove would ruin me in all aspects and it did... handling, ride comfort (despite being on 21" wheels, rubber band tires, no adaptive suspension), road/interior noise, performance, just about everything.

I really wanted to hate this car. I really really did.

What did you do to your GS today?-vukeztc.jpg

What did you do to your GS today?-thapcji.jpg

What did you do to your GS today?-k8giqgp.jpg

I can't stop thinking about it.
Old 07-25-20, 03:19 PM
eddie420

Received 622 Likes on 446 Posts

@signdetres Hey man, don't limit yourself. If it will satisfy you, then go for it. But frankly, the look of the Tesla just turns me off. Second, people love to key them, I don't know why. For those two reasons alone, I simply cannot.
signdetres (07-25-20)
Old 07-25-20, 10:58 PM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 267 Likes on 204 Posts

If you get the model y, do not allow them to deliver the car at night or dusk. I would only take delivery at high noon so you see all issues with the paint, and hose the car down to see if you have any water ingress issues.

I'm glad you found a car you really like; if you buy it enjoy it!!
signdetres (07-26-20)
Old 07-25-20, 11:24 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 309 Likes on 242 Posts

@signdetres good for you if you really like the vehicle. I already looked at the model 3 before but I didn't like it. If you like really like it, you should buy it.

I like how the GS350 F Sport layout and the styling, drive and comfort so I got the GS. It's all about personal taste.
signdetres (07-26-20)
Old 07-26-20, 08:35 AM
IcyBishop
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts

Finished up the cheap amazon chrome delete kit today. Got the satin black - turned out pretty good for my first real vinyl experience.

Before

After

Driver side finished

Good helper, but not so good with a knife
The following 6 users liked this post by IcyBishop:
Dreamcast (08-08-20), eddie420 (07-26-20), jdpdata (07-26-20), JDR76 (07-26-20), LYTE (07-27-20), signdetres (07-26-20) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-26-20, 11:35 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

I walked out to see what looked like damage on my driver's side fender

What did you do to your GS today?-bz7xy4p.jpg

Here's a close-up. Looks like someone did in fact hit it

What did you do to your GS today?-fuyhwx1.jpg

So naturally I busted out some detailing gear to see if I could work some magic on it

What did you do to your GS today?-a38bngq.jpg

After a little bit of elbow grease but all in less than 10 minutes later...

What did you do to your GS today?-lf4uam0.jpg

...just about as good as new. I shouldn't have any issues when I return my lease in a couple months

What did you do to your GS today?-h3ruj33.jpg
The following 2 users liked this post by signdetres:
alee115 (08-08-20), Ironman50 (07-26-20)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?