GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-20, 02:58 PM
taniner
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Installed my Nia Lip Kit last weekend. Makes a huge difference! Highly recommended... great quality awesome paint job on them. Only wish the sids were secured on better than screws and doesn't use existing stock bolts like the front.

The following 2 users liked this post by taniner:
RichKnecht (09-12-20), studaddy73 (09-14-20)
Old 09-12-20, 03:37 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 886 Likes on 508 Posts

I just finished washing my GS, vacuuming out the interior, and finally added some tire shine for a change. Looks much sharper now if you ask me.

What did you do to your GS today?-ozozeqf.jpg
What did you do to your GS today?-ppchmn2.jpg
The following 5 users liked this post by signdetres:
BlueIS05 (09-13-20), FSportOnly (09-20-20), RichKnecht (09-12-20), taniner (09-12-20), websurfer (09-12-20)
Old 09-12-20, 07:11 PM
websurfer
Racer

Received 309 Likes on 242 Posts

I decided to make a video on my new 2020 Lexus GS 350 F Sport RWD. I didn't get a chance to wash it due to the crazy smoke and wildfires around here in California yet. Haven't seem a clear sky for weeks now.

Please help like the video. thanks.
Old 09-13-20, 08:40 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 499 Likes on 267 Posts

Well the original plan was that she was getting a hand wash this weekend....ended up having to take her to the touch free for the second time now because the air quality isn't great. And who says weather folks don't have a sense of humor....honestly I think they should use the "?" more often since they usually don't seem to get it right....

She was getting covering in a thin layer of ash from the fires and we're having dew in the morning and hopefully rain in a day or two....didn't want the ash and water mixing into a nice basic sludge on the paint so she got her second trip through the touch free wash.... Not impressed over all but it hopefully got the critical stuff off...

And the reveal!.......

Last edited by LexusGSboy; 09-13-20 at 08:41 PM. Reason: typo
The following 2 users liked this post by LexusGSboy:
CAKETOWN (09-14-20), signdetres (09-13-20)
Old 09-13-20, 08:44 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by MBradshaw
Changed the center caps on my wheels from this:

Looks a lot cleaner, and furthers my 'sneaky stock' look...
Totally agree with it looking cleaner - in general I never think the wheel manufacturer's logos look that great on most cars - but then again, I'm more of a stock person here too so I very much appreciate the "sneaky stock" efforts you make!

I like the black too - I can see how it would probably look better than the chrome and likely makes the Lexus "L" stand out a bit more.
Old 09-14-20, 06:23 PM
MBradshaw
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
Totally agree with it looking cleaner - in general I never think the wheel manufacturer's logos look that great on most cars - but then again, I'm more of a stock person here too so I very much appreciate the "sneaky stock" efforts you make!

I like the black too - I can see how it would probably look better than the chrome and likely makes the Lexus "L" stand out a bit more.
Thanks @LexusGSboy - I *hated* the manufacturer's caps, so they just *had* to go. Here's a better profile view of how it looks with the new caps. Definitely thought the black was a much better look:

The following users liked this post:
LexusGSboy (09-15-20)
Old 09-20-20, 06:23 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

I bought the $40 Amazon Techstream cable and it worked great with the 2 day Techstream subscription. I used it on both my GS and NX to change some customization settings such as less light required to dim the instrument panel/screen and enabled the windows to go down and sunroof to vent by holding the unlock button on the remote.
Old 09-20-20, 08:00 AM
websurfer
Racer

My friend and I tried the Veepeak OBDII and Carista app to change the settings to roll down all windows and moonroof and roll up as well.
Old 09-20-20, 08:22 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by websurfer
My friend and I tried the Veepeak OBDII and Carista app to change the settings to roll down all windows and moonroof and roll up as well.
You were able to roll up all windows with the remote?
Old 09-20-20, 08:34 AM
websurfer
Racer

Originally Posted by BMGS
You were able to roll up all windows with the remote?
For rolling up, you'll have to remove the key from the remote and insert it into the driver side key slot and hold it while turn left. Rolling down can be accomplished with holding the remote unlock button down for a few seconds.
Old 09-20-20, 09:00 AM
BMGS
Racer

Originally Posted by websurfer
For rolling up, you'll have to remove the key from the remote and insert it into the driver side key slot and hold it while turn left. Rolling down can be accomplished with holding the remote unlock button down for a few seconds.
Yeah that's understanding. The way you wrote your post made it seem that Techstream was missing the roll up feature by remote.
Old 09-20-20, 12:02 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Time for a real bath....she is sooooo dirty. And of course it's been cloudy all morning and now the sun comes out....luckily more clouds are just minutes away. She'll probably get two rounds of everything before the final dry.

The following 2 users liked this post by LexusGSboy:
MBradshaw (09-20-20), signdetres (09-20-20)
Old 09-20-20, 05:06 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Man....what a day. Should probably list of what I didn't do.... 4 hours with her and some Depeche Mode, New Order, Pet Shop Boys and Erasure....Time flew by....

SO:
1. Rinsed her off with the pressure washer - 2 rounds of foam canon and rinses with the pressure washer - then a good wash/rinse with the pressure washer and a final non-pressure rinse and dry. Was going to do two washes on her but when I saw what was under my grit screen in the wash bucket (I had a rinise bucket that I changed with fresh water half way through) decided it was best to wash all my cleaning gear and give her another bath next weekend. Found a few spots as I was drying her with sticky stuff from he doug firs (which are like 100' away...how does that freak'n happen?).

2) Wiped down the engine bay - not a full detail, just a quick wipe down of things that were looking a bit dusty. Vacuumed the intake screens by the wipers.

3) Wiped down the the entire interior and vacuumed it as well as the trunk....
4) Wiped down all the sills, jambs, and rubber (some spider or other little creature had made a little home in the last two days on the exterior side of the rubber on the drivers door)

5) Checked the engine air filter....found a regular GS filter, not the F Sport version......learned how those little pins that hold the engine bay plastic work....that's very cool!
6) Checked and vacuumed the cabin air filter...not too bad given all the smoke and ash from the forest fires....
7) Confirmed I have one of FULLY optioned GSs that came with the negative battery terminal cover, the door latch covers, and most importantly, the trunk shopping bag hook.

8) Lamented over the missing door hinge covers.....I really think I'm gonna have to break down and splurge on this mod - might have to finance it though, luckily I have good credit so I can probably get that 0% folks were talking about for those who needed the negative terminal cover.. I really like to keep things stock but Lexus totally missed this one....

9) Washed the windows and side mirrors
10) Wiped down the dead pedal, brake pedal, and accelerator pedal....they were a mess....
11) I think that's it.....stood back at and looked at how pretty she is without a layer of ash and crap all over here....

Last edited by LexusGSboy; 09-20-20 at 05:13 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by LexusGSboy:
FSportOnly (09-20-20), signdetres (09-20-20), websurfer (09-20-20)
Old 09-20-20, 05:17 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Almost forgot one of the most important parts.....I also confirmed I have that extra special USB cover that's missing from the 2020s....Man....this thing has it all! (but obviously I missed a spot on my wipe down...)

The following users liked this post:
JDR76 (09-21-20)
Old 09-21-20, 04:51 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Just had to buy these coasters, marble and bamboo(like in my 450h interior). The seller had these engraved so it not an original Lexus product but nicely done.

The following 2 users liked this post by peasodos:
LexusGSboy (09-21-20), signdetres (09-21-20)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?