GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-20, 01:29 PM
Final4GS
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by byungkuk
Installed MPC Remote Start... works great!
I've been meaning to look into the MPC remote start, no complications and all plug n play? I know some people had issues with the harnesses.
Old 10-18-20, 01:30 PM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Final4GS
I've been meaning to look into the MPC remote start, no complications and all plug n play? I know some people had issues with the harnesses.
None at all - as others have said - I ignored tapping the CAN HI LO wires and just plugged everything and programmed as needed. Didn't program it right the first time but after re-doing it - works as advertised. Mine is a 2016 so I don't know if the other MY models do need the CAN HI LO wires... good luck!

Last edited by byungkuk; 10-19-20 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-18-20, 03:27 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I picked up my license plates on Friday. Put the rear one on and ditched the temp in the window.

I also ordered some supplies for a detail day and to put on the ceramic coat.
Old 10-19-20, 07:42 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Received 245 Likes on 126 Posts

Well more like what I did this past weekend. Was time for new tires the OEM Dunlop Sport Maxx gave me 25K miles, wear was pretty even with a little camber/Toe wear on the inner tread but overall they lasted good seeing that the car was lowered at 3k. I decided to go with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 + and up sized to 245/40 and 275/35. Had them done at Discount Tire in Lake Worth FL and man those guys are great, extremely fast but also extremely careful. Before even starting they inspected all my wheels with my and pointed out any nicks or scratches. Then took them time with the impact gun and slowly removed each lug as to nut scratch the wheels or damage the lugs. Same process for installing..as you know and I have seen when shops go full blast with the impact gun to install lugs..nope not here this guy could have hand tighten them faster than the impact gun..lol Anyway very impressed with the service at Discount Tire..

The following 3 users liked this post by TarmacSL3:
CAKETOWN (10-20-20), ThomasGS4 (11-06-20), websurfer (10-19-20)
Old 10-19-20, 08:20 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by TarmacSL3
Well more like what I did this past weekend. Was time for new tires the OEM Dunlop Sport Maxx gave me 25K miles, wear was pretty even with a little camber/Toe wear on the inner tread but overall they lasted good seeing that the car was lowered at 3k. I decided to go with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 + and up sized to 245/40 and 275/35. Had them done at Discount Tire in Lake Worth FL and man those guys are great, extremely fast but also extremely careful. Before even starting they inspected all my wheels with my and pointed out any nicks or scratches. Then took them time with the impact gun and slowly removed each lug as to nut scratch the wheels or damage the lugs. Same process for installing..as you know and I have seen when shops go full blast with the impact gun to install lugs..nope not here this guy could have hand tighten them faster than the impact gun..lol Anyway very impressed with the service at Discount Tire..

Looks good! I am in Wellington, where is this shop? Looking for a new one after Tires Plus (Lantana and 441) always tends to nick something. Also most recently they installed a set of Michelin PS4S and two of them were a couple years old and had to get them swapped out.

Are you in FL year-round? Why did you go with AS3 instead of PS4S?
Old 10-19-20, 08:28 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BMGS
Looks good! I am in Wellington, where is this shop? Looking for a new one after Tires Plus (Lantana and 441) always tends to nick something. Also most recently they installed a set of Michelin PS4S and two of them were a couple years old and had to get them swapped out.

The Discount Tire is on Lake Worth Rd just east of Jog (Next to the Target). Yes in FL year round.. I went with the AS3 just because of the treadwear rating over the PS4S. I dont drive the car that hard so no need for Summer Performance tires, but wanted something with great wet ratings. Discount only does tires..so the only issue is now trying to find an alignment shop in Palm beach that can handle lowered cars and not destroy my front lip trying to get it on the rack.
Old 10-19-20, 08:39 AM
BMGS
Racer

The Discount Tire is on Lake Worth Rd just east of Jog (Next to the Target). Yes in FL year round.. I went with the AS3 just because of the treadwear rating over the PS4S. I dont drive the car that hard so no need for Summer Performance tires, but wanted something with great wet ratings. Discount only does tires..so the only issue is now trying to find an alignment shop in Palm beach that can handle lowered cars and not destroy my front lip trying to get it on the rack.
Thanks, I may check them out next time. Try Tire Guy, they are in West Palm. They cater to the lowered crowd and modded community and take their work seriously. I haven't gotten an alignment there but I used to work near there and had them do a bunch of tire changes there a few years ago.

I don't drive the car too hard either but I like having the best traction for braking or an emergency maneuver. I'm curious to see the wet ratings between the two though.
Old 10-19-20, 08:49 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Thanks, I may check them out next time. Try Tire Guy, they are in West Palm. They cater to the lowered crowd and modded community and take their work seriously. I haven't gotten an alignment there but I used to work near there and had them do a bunch of tire changes there a few years ago.

I don't drive the car too hard either but I like having the best traction for braking or an emergency maneuver. I'm curious to see the wet ratings between the two though.
Yeah I heard about the Tire Guy and been calling them for 2 week with no answer goes to VM saying closed and will reopen on Wednesday..lol which Wednesday so I took a chance and drove by after getting the tires installed and looked like a ghost town.. I did find a place in Royal Palm called Palm Beach Pit Crew and they say the can handle lowered cars so will check them out this weekend.
Old 10-19-20, 02:02 PM
BMGS
Racer

Yeah I heard about the Tire Guy and been calling them for 2 week with no answer goes to VM saying closed and will reopen on Wednesday..lol which Wednesday so I took a chance and drove by after getting the tires installed and looked like a ghost town.. I did find a place in Royal Palm called Palm Beach Pit Crew and they say the can handle lowered cars so will check them out this weekend.
Wonder if he was on vacation, its a younger guy that owns it and the whole place shuts down when he is out.

Let me know if Palm Beach Pit Crew works out, would love to find a good alignment shop that is close by.
Old 10-19-20, 05:27 PM
Coolchuck
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts

Took it to the body shop to fix my trunk lid and bumper.
Old 10-19-20, 05:33 PM
bigbadron
Rookie

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Took her out for a little night shooting.

The following 6 users liked this post by bigbadron:
CAKETOWN (10-19-20), JDR76 (10-20-20), jwolf (10-20-20), RichKnecht (10-20-20), signdetres (10-20-20), ThomasGS4 (11-06-20) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-22-20, 05:25 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

There's another Discount Tire on 441, out front by Lowes, opposite Home Depot. Used them last year to fix a flat (no charge). Customer Service was top notch, and you could see the care they took with the lug nuts to prevent damage, and they torqued everything up correctly. The waiting room was comfy, but with social distancing, I believe they've now put up a tent outside for those who choose to wait.

Last edited by chinee; 10-22-20 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-22-20, 05:52 AM
RTurner711
Rookie

Received 41 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Mud guards added.

The following 2 users liked this post by RTurner711:
JDR76 (10-22-20), jonathancl (10-22-20)
Old 10-22-20, 09:19 AM
LSSAH
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RTurner711

Mud guard look good on the car, Where did you get them and also was already paint or you need to paint yourself?
The following users liked this post:
RTurner711 (10-23-20)
Old 10-22-20, 10:20 AM
IcyBishop
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts

I got the same oem ones painted off ebay, love em!
Love the painted lip, will be doing the same soon!
The following users liked this post:
RTurner711 (10-23-20)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?