What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-21, 06:01 PM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Received 510 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Are you buying it?
Most likely not. I ran the numbers - the price isn't bad. Mileage is only 17k. Not a great trade in deal for my F Sport. I'm extremely practical when it comes to finances and I know it's a bad decision from that stand point. I also don't love the matte nebula gray (and I'm probably not a matte paint person in general after reading about it). Not that it's bad - but I don't LOVE it, and for that kind of money I should LOVE it.

If it was Atomic Silver I would probably be considering it a lot more. Even Molten Pearl - I'm generally not one to have a car in that flashy of a color but that color seems to look gorgous (I've never seen it in real life yet). I just saw an Acura in the most amazing orange pearl color.

Plus I'm already in debt paying your son to keep asking you why you have that car you never drive so that in another few years I can trade up to that one .
The following 2 users liked this post by LexusGSboy:
AJLex19 (08-07-21), JDR76 (08-07-21)
Old 08-09-21, 12:01 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

I ended up giving her a nice hand wash - it had been months. The plan was to do a quick, but good hand wash and call it good for now and get on to other chores around the house..... But then I ended up....
* doing a quick wipe down of the engine bay.....which then lead to...
* getting the shop vac out so I could try to get the pine needles out of the screens up near the top of the hood - actually that ended up taking the shop vac plus tweezers
* and once the shop vac was out I was like - well, a quick vacuum would be good too so I did that which then lead to a quick clean up / vacuum of the trunk.....
* then the dash was screaming out that it was dusty so I did that.....and since I was wiping things down I ended up....
* wiping down all the doors because they were dusty too......
* which then made me decide to do a quick woolite wipe and rinse on the front seats....

But she's all pretty again now and I had a good therapy session by working on her

Although on the down side....I found a freak'n tiny rock chip in the paint on the drivers door....UUGGHHH!!!

Old 08-09-21, 11:04 AM
thisguy_06
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Started to replace the front wheel bearing yesterday afternoon. Fought with it for about 7 hrs, off and on, and finally got it to come out last night.

Finished up the rest of the less-than-fun job during my lunch break today. No more noise.

Fyi; it looks like BCA bearings makes the OEM front wheel bearings for ours; ~$200 BCA branded vs ~$314 for Lexus/Toyota branded (on ebay).

Old 08-09-21, 12:26 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGSboy
I ended up giving her a nice hand wash - it had been months. The plan was to do a quick, but good hand wash and call it good for now and get on to other chores around the house..... But then I ended up....
* doing a quick wipe down of the engine bay.....which then lead to...
* getting the shop vac out so I could try to get the pine needles out of the screens up near the top of the hood - actually that ended up taking the shop vac plus tweezers
* and once the shop vac was out I was like - well, a quick vacuum would be good too so I did that which then lead to a quick clean up / vacuum of the trunk.....
* then the dash was screaming out that it was dusty so I did that.....and since I was wiping things down I ended up....
* wiping down all the doors because they were dusty too......
* which then made me decide to do a quick woolite wipe and rinse on the front seats....

But she's all pretty again now and I had a good therapy session by working on her

Although on the down side....I found a freak'n tiny rock chip in the paint on the drivers door....UUGGHHH!!!
Yep… you are suffering from the same condition I have… Detail-itis…
The following users liked this post:
LexusGSboy (08-09-21)
Old 08-14-21, 04:00 AM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

After public shaming from @chinee @LexusGSboy @ItzFilyO I wiped down my bonnet and engine bay....for the first time over.

The following 3 users liked this post by Cwang:
JDR76 (08-14-21), lexus4jess (08-23-21), LexusGSboy (08-14-21)
Old 08-14-21, 05:05 AM
firelikeiy
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by thisguy_06
Fyi; it looks like BCA bearings makes the OEM front wheel bearings for ours; ~$200 BCA branded vs ~$314 for Lexus/Toyota branded (on ebay).
Are you sure Timken is not the OEM supplier? They are for the IS.
Old 08-14-21, 10:28 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cwang
After public shaming from @chinee @LexusGSboy @ItzFilyO I wiped down my bonnet and engine bay....for the first time over.
Looks great!

I was picturing the GS going down semi-dirt roads in the outback, passing Holden Commodor UTEs but I think that would have been more of a red dust all over the car . And.....I've never been to Australia so I was also thinking it was a great excuse to get to NSW and maybe test drive one of those GS250s we didn't get here in the states and see what it was like to drive a RHD GS.

Old 08-14-21, 11:15 AM
GSJ350
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I spent two and a half hours this morning washing and detailing the outside and made it look fantastic being obsidian black. About 20 min after I finished, the earth decided it was a great time to release some water from the sky in the amount that can only be described as the pee you take in the morning after drinking a 12 pack and getting lucky with a girl from the bar...Quick hard and fast with random caught off guard direction changes if you know what I mean 😐.
Old 08-14-21, 11:45 AM
LexusGSboy
Instructor

Originally Posted by GSJ350
I spent two and a half hours this morning washing and detailing the outside and made it look fantastic being obsidian black. About 20 min after I finished, the earth decided it was a great time to release some water from the sky in the amount that can only be described as the pee you take in the morning after drinking a 12 pack and getting lucky with a girl from the bar...Quick hard and fast with random caught off guard direction changes if you know what I mean 😐.
Well as we already know from this wonderful post, after 42 seconds the car was already dirty anyway

Before the rain and after the rain pics would have been great to see We could then really appreciate the feelings involved. Spending many years in the southwest I know exactly what you mean...it's always just enough rain to make the dust spots show up perfectly and never enough rain to rinse the car off; and on black that's a million times worse. But for those 42 seconds I bet your car looked amazing!
CAKETOWN (08-14-21)
Old 08-14-21, 02:00 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Upgraded my 13 Lux 18" wheels to a Set of 2019 F Sport 19" wheels and new tires got from a CL member local to me. Thanks. Been wanting these for a while. I hated cleaning all those Lux factory wheel holes.
The following 6 users liked this post by jgscott:
AJLex19 (08-14-21), CAKETOWN (08-14-21), FSportOnly (08-16-21), LexusGSboy (08-15-21), signdetres (08-15-21), wannano (08-16-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-15-21, 05:45 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwang
Looking good... I feel better now...
Looks great!

I was picturing the GS going down semi-dirt roads in the outback, passing Holden Commodor UTEs but I think that would have been more of a red dust all over the car . And.....I've never been to Australia so I was also thinking it was a great excuse to get to NSW and maybe test drive one of those GS250s we didn't get here in the states and see what it was like to drive a RHD GS.
LOL... I thought I was the only one replaying scenes of Mad Max in my head.
LexusGSboy (08-15-21)
Old 08-15-21, 06:19 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 212 Posts

I was picturing the GS going down semi-dirt roads in the outback, passing Holden Commodor UTEs
Inbetween lockdowns I took a 2000km roadtrip to Brisbane and back via backroads. Was too busy dodging potholes to notice the feral bogan utes!

Old 08-22-21, 09:05 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Installed the New 16+ Taillights yesterday evening with the help of another CL member. He installed in His 15 also. We both did them at the same time working together on each car 1 at a time.

I love the New look! Spoiler going on next. Then I can work on my Performance Mods, starting with a big long PITA Header install.

The following 3 users liked this post by jgscott:
17luxlex (08-22-21), AJLex19 (08-23-21), lexus4jess (08-23-21)
Old 08-22-21, 10:33 AM
MX73
Racer

Received 291 Likes on 225 Posts

Plugs, PCV and belt changed on my 450h. I didn't get any new parts picture. lol.
Old 08-22-21, 12:55 PM
lexo98
Pole Position

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by MX73
Plugs, PCV and belt changed on my 450h. I didn't get any new parts picture. lol.
how many miles on your GS

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?