GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-22, 07:02 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
That's good to know. It seems like that's one of the first things that gets swapped out on a lot of my friend's GS-F/RC-F, but I never asked them why.
Off topic but, did you ever upgrade your pressure washer?
Old 07-27-22, 10:49 AM
DSB23
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chinee
That is it. Adds a little bling without being rice... at least IMO. I also installed these little hinge cover thingies (not in pic above)... both items are holding up well.

Nice, where did you get the little bolt cover and the carbon fiber on the emblem?
Old 07-27-22, 09:38 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
Off topic but, did you ever upgrade your pressure washer?
I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I need a few more things for the house before I can justify buying the kranzle.

I've been slowly picking up accessories when they go on sale. I picked up a 100 ft pressure washer hose, new fittings, new MTM swiveling gun with extensions, and aqualine tips. I also got a Metrovac master blaster with a 30 ft hose. The kranzle and a wall mounted CR spotless are the last pieces of the puzzle. Both rarely go on sale, so I'm not in a rush to buy them.
Old 07-28-22, 04:33 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 544 Likes on 396 Posts

You're on the right path! Still loving my Kranzle and using it constantly.
The following users liked this post:
Blkexcoupe (07-28-22)
Old 07-29-22, 09:45 AM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Received 90 Likes on 68 Posts

Just bought it yesterday. The seller's "detail" job was absolutely terrible. Took a toothbrush to all the trim seams, steel wool to the exhaust ports, applied some mother's leather care to the interior and dash, got the interior trim actually spotless. The door jams and truck jam made me think this car lived in a gravel parking lot. The paint definitely wanted a good wash since now the metallic white hurts to look at in the sun now.

The headlights, they need a real polish. I got most of the oxidation off with steel wool, but they need a wet sand and clear coat. Probably do that this weekend.

Fun car though!
JDR76 (07-29-22)
Old 07-30-22, 01:27 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

After about 2 weeks of downtime while I waited for parts, my GS is finally done! New lower grille and new chrome fangs installed. Man oh man how much I miss being behind the wheel of this car!! Just pulling it out on the driveway and back in the garage made me smile so damn big. This car is truly something special. Just look at that beauty!!!

The following 6 users liked this post by ItzFilyO:
bclexus (07-30-22), BlueIS05 (07-30-22), chinee (07-30-22), greys0uled (07-30-22), jgscott (07-30-22), websurfer (07-31-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-30-22, 10:55 PM
gaki
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Signed up to this forum many many years ago when my GF (now wife) had an IS250. With us expecting a kid, my wife asked me to buy a newer car to replace my 2001 Maxima. I was set on getting a 2019 Q50 RS400 but she had other things in mind. Picked this up this week--2013 with 35k miles, absolute cream puff of a car. Always had VW or Audi and this is my first Lexus.

Not the fastest car I've owned, but definitely the most luxurious. For being all stock, I'm surprised at how this thing can dig through corners.

Edit: on another note, could someone here please make a recommendation on what to do with my interior belt trim? While this car is close to being mint, the aluminum trim is beat to hell (literally dents everywhere, everywhere). Was thinking about buying overlay trim, but I'm sure this forum has better ideas.

Edit2: I'll search through suspension for this, but gladly appreciate any coilover recommendations that maintain AVS. Wife also said to lower it haha

Last edited by gaki; 07-30-22 at 11:21 PM.
AJLex19 (07-31-22)
Old 07-30-22, 11:53 PM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Received 200 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by gaki
Signed up to this forum many many years ago when my GF (now wife) had an IS250. With us expecting a kid, my wife asked me to buy a newer car to replace my 2001 Maxima. I was set on getting a 2019 Q50 RS400 but she had other things in mind. Picked this up this week--2013 with 35k miles, absolute cream puff of a car. Always had VW or Audi and this is my first Lexus.

Not the fastest car I've owned, but definitely the most luxurious. For being all stock, I'm surprised at how this thing can dig through corners.

Edit: on another note, could someone here please make a recommendation on what to do with my interior belt trim? While this car is close to being mint, the aluminum trim is beat to hell (literally dents everywhere, everywhere). Was thinking about buying overlay trim, but I'm sure this forum has better ideas.

Edit2: I'll search through suspension for this, but gladly appreciate any coilover recommendations that maintain AVS. Wife also said to lower it haha

Congrats on the purchase. I would replace my interior trims too, theres a few little dings but mainly I dont like how its reflective in the sun. Go for the RSR best*I coilovers. AVS compatible and also 24 way adlustable on the shock/strut body. I have them, a handful of others do and I can only say good things about them.
gaki (07-31-22)
Old 07-31-22, 12:02 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Is that AWD? Kinda sits a bit higher than a normal RWD GS.
Old 07-31-22, 03:06 PM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

Got Carista downloaded and set up to use with my OBDlink MX. Got my car fully set up for myself. Finally!

Drove it for the first time last night, the headlights moving into the curve is pretty nuts!
Old 07-31-22, 09:40 PM
gaki
Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Is that AWD? Kinda sits a bit higher than a normal RWD GS.
Yep, this is AWD.
Old 07-31-22, 09:42 PM
gaki
Driver

Originally Posted by SBPhoto
Congrats on the purchase. I would replace my interior trims too, theres a few little dings but mainly I dont like how its reflective in the sun. Go for the RSR best*I coilovers. AVS compatible and also 24 way adlustable on the shock/strut body. I have them, a handful of others do and I can only say good things about them.
Perfect, thank you for the recommendation on the suspension. Funny enough, my mechanic (that I didn't know knew a lot about these cars) recommended the RSRs.
Old 07-31-22, 09:43 PM
gaki
Driver

Originally Posted by Mangsailor
Got Carista downloaded and set up to use with my OBDlink MX. Got my car fully set up for myself. Finally!

Drove it for the first time last night, the headlights moving into the curve is pretty nuts!
What year is yours? Can this be done on a 2013? (Noob here, just bought my first GS)
Old 07-31-22, 09:56 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
After about 2 weeks of downtime while I waited for parts, my GS is finally done! New lower grille and new chrome fangs installed. Man oh man how much I miss being behind the wheel of this car!! Just pulling it out on the driveway and back in the garage made me smile so damn big. This car is truly something special. Just look at that beauty!!!

Get a objects in the Road Radar to help you.
Old 08-01-22, 02:47 AM
Mangsailor
Intermediate

What year is yours?
2014, Lux, AWD, CWP

Can this be done on a 2013?
Can what be done? Dealer-level customization? Yes, as far as I know it can. IDK specifically what OBD bluetooth readers allow you do it, but I know my OBDlink MX will allow it. Carista sells one, about $30-ish for it. It costs to activate the app feature to allow you to customize, but really for $10 for a subscription that you can just cancel right after its not bad. Carista's obd dongle comes with a 1 month trial (I think?) so there's also that deal. Idk how super-duper their dongle is, but I had to update the firmware in my old MX (from like 2015 or so) in order to customize my car if that gives you (and us) any bearing.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?