What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-22, 02:06 PM
bloodbean
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SBPhoto
90k service.. basically oil, brake fluid, battery check, I added a trans drain and fill.

Those wheels look amazing! What size and model are they?
Old 11-20-22, 01:01 AM
SBPhoto
Pit Crew

Received 202 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by bloodbean
Those wheels look amazing! What size and model are they?
Thanks man! Titan7 TS-5 wheels. The common 19" x 9+35 & 10.5+45 specs
Old 11-22-22, 08:28 AM
PGA71
Advanced

Received 413 Likes on 236 Posts

Pit crew taking care of my weekly bath.

Tomorrow will attempt headlight restoration.

Stopped at Autozone for some green auto masking tape. Bought the 3M HL restoration kit off Amazon

The following users liked this post:
AJLex19 (11-22-22)
Old 11-22-22, 11:35 AM
gs350noob
Intermediate

Received 141 Likes on 80 Posts

Weekly rinseless wash in the garage. Frustrating here for car cleanliness - breezy and dusty conditions followed by brief rain squalls makes for weird polka dot dust pattern. Wish it would rain harder to wash the dust off the car. We need rain to help with the drought too.

Old 11-22-22, 03:51 PM
Seminoles2
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

trans drain and fill, rear diff drain and fill, spark plugs, coolant drain/fill/antifreeze etc.
fun times. $1,099.00 later.
hopefully this will be all the work I'll have to do for a bit.
Although I am experiencing some vibration in the steering wheel in park and in drive while stopped at red lights/stop signs etc.
Old 11-22-22, 05:20 PM
BMGS
Racer

Received 550 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by gs350noob
Weekly rinseless wash in the garage. Frustrating here for car cleanliness - breezy and dusty conditions followed by brief rain squalls makes for weird polka dot dust pattern. Wish it would rain harder to wash the dust off the car. We need rain to help with the drought too.
​​​​​Looks good! I have been doing nearly all waterless washes in the super early morning when I have time. I enjoy it much more as I used to have to rush and take time away from the family. I only get to it about once every 6 weeks nowadays which is good for the paint since there is less contact. I do miss the traditional pressure washer foam cannon though to really get in there and hit all the books and crannies.

What products do you use for the wash? I use ONR in a pressurized sprayer for a presoak then ONR plus Adams H2O Guard and Gloss in the main water mixture. I then use about 20-30 microfibers for the body wash and 8 or so for the wheels. Instead of a traditional towel dry, I use diluted Sonax BSD as a drying agent.

​​​​​​
Old 11-22-22, 11:18 PM
gs350noob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BMGS
​​​​​Looks good! I have been doing nearly all waterless washes in the super early morning when I have time. I enjoy it much more as I used to have to rush and take time away from the family. I only get to it about once every 6 weeks nowadays which is good for the paint since there is less contact. I do miss the traditional pressure washer foam cannon though to really get in there and hit all the books and crannies.

What products do you use for the wash? I use ONR in a pressurized sprayer for a presoak then ONR plus Adams H2O Guard and Gloss in the main water mixture. I then use about 20-30 microfibers for the body wash and 8 or so for the wheels. Instead of a traditional towel dry, I use diluted Sonax BSD as a drying agent.

​​​​​​
Hey thanks! The results you get on your black 350 are inspiration for me.

Here's my weekly routine below. Takes exactly one hour start to finish. I put a layer of P21S carnauba wax on about a month ago, figure I have about another month before I need to put something else back on as a base. I'm constantly trying different waxes and detail sprays to get a solution to the red dirt that is always blowing around over here.

1) 2 gallons warm water in bucket with 2 ounces Griot's rinseless wash (their wash is more pre-diluted than ONR)
2)Fill spray bottle by submerging in the bucket, spray down the car then wipe clean with black sponge from Rag Company, drying section by section as I go
3)Spray down tires and wheels, use old wash mitt for wheels and old microfibers to scrub tire walls. Apply detail spray (Beadmaker I need to get rid of) to wheels and towel dry
4)Quick lap around car with detail spray - jax wax hawaiian shine or meguiar's ultimate
5)Clean windows with stoner glass cleaner
6)Put VRP on tires

Done. Most would think it's a pain in the *** to wash your car every week, but I legitimately enjoy the process, especially since I started doing rinseless.

Old 11-22-22, 11:21 PM
gs350noob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Seminoles2
trans drain and fill, rear diff drain and fill, spark plugs, coolant drain/fill/antifreeze etc.
Although I am experiencing some vibration in the steering wheel in park and in drive while stopped at red lights/stop signs etc.
Good on you for keeping up with your maintenance. I recently had my trans and differential serviced and it's a load off my mind. Gotta find time in next few weeks to drain and fill the coolant and also do a brake fluid exchange as mine looks pretty nasty and the pedal is a little mushy.
Old 11-22-22, 11:42 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 314 Likes on 214 Posts

Whilst in park AND in drive?
Old 11-23-22, 12:04 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,113 Posts

Good for you that you got these things done. Keeping you car running at peak performance and exchanging fresh fluids is of a lot of value.

How many miles on you GS, and what year? Add a new engine, Air filter to complete.
Old 11-23-22, 10:25 AM
PGA71
Advanced

Restored my headlights today and I could not be happier!
It removed all the haze and anything else that was on there because of the elements over the years.

I bought the 3M HL Restoration Kit, Heavy Duty 2-Pack and Meguiar’s G17804 Keep Clear Headlight Coating off Amazon. (Both links below)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0875LXWV8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0875LXWV8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M4RVVX6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M4RVVX6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Watched a couple of youtubes that gave me confidence that I had all the tools I needed to do the job right.
Had to buy automotive masking tape to cover around the lenses to protect the paint and had the cordless drill.

Only had to use one of the packages in the 3M 2-Pack, but wanted the extras in case I needed to redo or needed more sandpaper or compound because of the amount of haze that was there.

Then sprayed 2 coats of Meguier’s headlight clear coat about 15 minutes apart which I think was the key. This step makes the headlights look amazing and provides protection so that the haze / yellowing does not return.

Entire process took about 90 minutes including cleanup.
Old 11-29-22, 11:23 AM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Received 137 Likes on 70 Posts

Installed Accel coilpacks over the weekend and noticed an increase in mid range power + top end but also in how peppy the GS is now! Way more responsive now & alot of people are surprised by the GS now. Thanks to @jgscott for the advice. Since installation never has my 2nd gear taken me to 75mph…

For context, I am running an AEM CAI Cone Filter intake, Borla axelback, high flow cats, coilpacks, & a D3 tune. Still no headers + some secret mods… soon phase 2 of my build will be posted…
Old 11-29-22, 12:12 PM
BMGS
Racer

Received 550 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Nunz
Installed Accel coilpacks over the weekend and noticed an increase in mid range power + top end but also in how peppy the GS is now! Way more responsive now & alot of people are surprised by the GS now. Thanks to @jgscott for the advice. Since installation never has my 2nd gear taken me to 75mph…

For context, I am running an AEM CAI Cone Filter intake, Borla axelback, high flow cats, coilpacks, & a D3 tune. Still no headers + some secret mods… soon phase 2 of my build will be posted…
Glad to hear its running well! On your 2nd gear comment, if you didn't up your shift points, top speed in any gear is defined by the transmission gear ratio, rear end ratio and tire diameter. More power shouldn't get you to a higher speed in a gear unless you had a coil pack issue that somehow triggered a short shift.
The following users liked this post:
Nunz (11-29-22)
Old 11-29-22, 01:16 PM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Received 137 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by BMGS
Glad to hear its running well! On your 2nd gear comment, if you didn't up your shift points, top speed in any gear is defined by the transmission gear ratio, rear end ratio and tire diameter. More power shouldn't get you to a higher speed in a gear unless you had a coil pack issue that somehow triggered a short shift.
Thank you for pointing that out, I should have clarified. My shift points have been at 7k rpm for a long time now haha
Old 12-10-22, 07:53 AM
PGA71
Advanced

Too cold for golf today so got motivated and cleaned leather with Mother's.

The following 2 users liked this post by PGA71:
JDR76 (12-10-22), lexus4jess (12-12-22)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?