GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-23, 11:42 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 542 Likes on 395 Posts

Not me, I've never modified any car I own other than Xpel and Weather-Tecs.
Old 10-31-23, 02:34 AM
mostafa1989
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MX73
Was it lowered at one point and returned back to stock springs?
no, and i dont think the previous owner did it.

------------------------------------

Door lights:

The following users liked this post:
chinee (10-31-23)
Old 10-31-23, 02:34 AM
mostafa1989
Driver

And for tires

Old 10-31-23, 02:47 PM
kuzumi
Driver

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Battery died this morning. I replaced it and now my infotainment system is busted. I already tried some of the tips I found on here to fix it.
Old 10-31-23, 04:21 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,320 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by kuzumi
Battery died this morning. I replaced it and now my infotainment system is busted. I already tried some of the tips I found on here to fix it.
Did you try the Tip of cutting everything off in the car before you disconnected and switched the new battery in?
Old 10-31-23, 04:32 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

I've mentioned it at least a zillion times - if you'll get a Lexus branded replacement battery replaced at your dealership - not only is the battery a good one, but the price is fair and the warranty is good too. But equally important is that when the dealership replaces the battery the dealership's service department takes full responsibility if anything fails to work after the battery is replaced, e.g. infotainment system, HVAC, sound amplifier, NAV, electric emergency brake, power seat, rough idle, etc. and there's no diagnosis fee or towing charge which has been somewhat commonplace for DIYers and sometimes when people have auto supply stores do the replacement.

Last edited by bclexus; 10-31-23 at 04:35 PM.
gaki (11-02-23)
Old 10-31-23, 10:16 PM
mostafa1989
Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
I've mentioned it at least a zillion times - if you'll get a Lexus branded replacement battery replaced at your dealership - not only is the battery a good one, but the price is fair and the warranty is good too. But equally important is that when the dealership replaces the battery the dealership's service department takes full responsibility if anything fails to work after the battery is replaced, e.g. infotainment system, HVAC, sound amplifier, NAV, electric emergency brake, power seat, rough idle, etc. and there's no diagnosis fee or towing charge which has been somewhat commonplace for DIYers and sometimes when people have auto supply stores do the replacement.
+ programming power windows
Old 11-01-23, 11:59 AM
NickMayer
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 125 Posts

Carbon Fiber mirror covers

Carbon Mirror Covers

Vorteq Carbon Spoiler

Vorteq Carbon Spoiler

Spray painted calipers, ebay Lexus stickers, and home made carbon vinyl Triple F sticker.

Red Calipers, Lexus Sticker, Carbon Vinyl Triple F Collection sticker

Improbability Drive (IYKYK) and Triple F license plate holder

Mass Effect Decal

N7

And somehow no pic, but put on a Carbon radar/shark fin cover. Love the black/Carbon contrast, especially on the Platinum.
AJLex19 (11-01-23)
Old 11-01-23, 06:19 PM
byungkuk
Intermediate

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts

Drove to the office today... floored the **** out of the car enjoyed every sec in traffic
Old 11-01-23, 07:03 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by NickMayer
Spray painted calipers, ebay Lexus stickers, and home made carbon vinyl Triple F sticker.

Red Calipers, Lexus Sticker, Carbon Vinyl Triple F Collection sticker
Do you have covers on those calipers? The calipers on my 18 FSport and way different. Wait... AWD perhaps? So different calipers from RWD?
Old 11-02-23, 05:46 AM
NickMayer
Advanced

Originally Posted by chinee
Do you have covers on those calipers? The calipers on my 18 FSport and way different. Wait... AWD perhaps? So different calipers from RWD?
Yea, just AWD, so guessing that is why. I didn't think/realize they would be different. Had same calipers on my '15 non Fsport (awd)
Old 11-02-23, 06:00 AM
kuzumi
Driver

Originally Posted by NickMayer
Yea, just AWD, so guessing that is why. I didn't think/realize they would be different. Had same calipers on my '15 non Fsport (awd)
i really like that Lexus sticker on the caliper.
NickMayer (11-02-23)
Old 11-02-23, 06:01 AM
kuzumi
Driver

Now I know for the next time I have to change the battery. It's one of those issues that I didn't know was an issue until it became an issue.
Old 11-02-23, 09:22 AM
NickMayer
Advanced

i really like that Lexus sticker on the caliper.
Thanks! Super happy I went with the silver sticker
Old 11-02-23, 10:21 AM
gaki
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

My battery is on its way out. This is great info.
bclexus (11-02-23)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?