Search this Thread

Old 04-16-18, 05:28 AM
anish3232
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by EnvyDiz
nice please give me info on this thanks
Unlock is from VAIS (2015 GS)
2012-2014 has a different model number (ULM-71)
I used the following videos to help with the install (Install took 30-45 minutes, very easy to do)
(BeatSonic, but its the same install)
(only need to do this for 2015+, this seems tricky at first, but watch the video a few times before attempting)

For iPhone Mirroring, I read the IS and GX forums and figured out the following:
The AUX in our arm rest can actually take in Video, so I used the following to connect to my iPhone to AUX:

AUX to Composite Cable AUX to Composite Cable

Coupler Coupler
may need to play around with connections here red to yellow, yellow to white, white to red, etc.

Composite to HDMI Composite to HDMI
you don't have to use this, there are several different options, but some work and some don't, I used this b/c someone on the IS/GX forums said it worked

HDMI Cable any size or you could use an HDMI Coupler

iPhone to HDMI

Lightning Extension Cable (Optional) Lightning Extension Cable (Optional)
You will want this to get the cleanest look as you can hide all the other stuff in the arm rest

I'm still working on a way to hide all the wires, may see how much space there is under the arm rest. Now to figure out how to remove the arm rest.
Old 04-17-18, 05:01 AM
ph0bolus
Intermediate

Received 93 Likes on 52 Posts

Took off the rear trunk badge I put on, and installed an F-Sport badge on the engine cover.
Old 04-19-18, 04:53 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 250 Posts

Installed quilted floor mats. $170 via aliexpress, took three weeks for delivery.
Fitment was good, not perfect, but they are well made and very attractive: thick quilted layer is a waterproof synthetic; mats are soft with a waterproof bottom.
The quilted layer wraps up on all sides, and the mats are easily removable, so they do a great job making the interior easy to clean, fully protecting the factory carpet.

It dresses up the interior nicely, offering a great all weather alternative to rubber mats.

Sample picture because it's really hard to take decent pictures floor mats.

Old 04-19-18, 07:58 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathancl
Installed quilted floor mats. $170 via aliexpress, took three weeks for delivery.
Fitment was good, not perfect, but they are well made and very attractive: thick quilted layer is a waterproof synthetic; mats are soft with a waterproof bottom.
The quilted layer wraps up on all sides, and the mats are easily removable, so they do a great job making the interior easy to clean, fully protecting the factory carpet.

It dresses up the interior nicely, offering a great all weather alternative to rubber mats.

Sample picture because it's really hard to take decent pictures floor mats.

nice! I have these in my LS430, and everyone who gets in the car always compliments them. I would get them for the GS but they don’t make it for awd last I looked.
Old 04-20-18, 05:12 AM
OneFunGS
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

^ That is a bummer. AWD is a floor matt challenge lol
Old 04-20-18, 03:45 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

Took my GS for the 60k service. It was all covered by L/Certified maintenance:
What did you do to your GS today?-ldowxmt.jpg

New brake fluid:
What did you do to your GS today?-p4zjnhj.jpg

And looks like a finger print to me on top of that spark plug coil:
What did you do to your GS today?-o0zi0sb.jpg

I saw the bill that was going to be sent to Lexus and it was $600. So glad this was covered by the L/Certified.
Old 04-20-18, 05:01 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 284 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by LatinGS350

New brake fluid:

I saw the bill that was going to be sent to Lexus and it was $600. So glad this was covered by the L/Certified.
Nice. I had my 30k service covered and it's basically the same service sans spark plugs. Nice that you were able to get that covered even tho it's debatable how necessary that is. Fresh plugs never hurt tho!
The following users liked this post:
LatinLS430 (04-20-18)
Old 04-20-18, 06:08 PM
MikeLucky
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LatinGS350

New brake fluid:

I bought my GS last November and it had just over 60k miles. The previous owner had spent $1100 on the 60k service just before trading it in. So, at $1100 I'm pretty comfortable in assuming that the plugs got replaced. That made me happy to find out.
Old 04-20-18, 06:27 PM
Wagonpitt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got a gs350 today
The following 2 users liked this post by Wagonpitt:
bob256k (08-24-18), Pacman9270 (04-21-18)
Old 04-21-18, 07:43 AM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by np20412
Nice. I had my 30k service covered and it's basically the same service sans spark plugs. Nice that you were able to get that covered even tho it's debatable how necessary that is. Fresh plugs never hurt tho!
Yeah, I keep reading here on the debate about changing the plugs at 60k. I'm happy to had gotten done. The car feels a little more "peppy" but maybe that's all in my head.
Originally Posted by MikeLucky
I bought my GS last November and it had just over 60k miles. The previous owner had spent $1100 on the 60k service just before trading it in. So, at $1100 I'm pretty comfortable in assuming that the plugs got replaced. That made me happy to find out.
Nice! Yeah at $1100 I would assume that the plugs were changed along some other stuff.
Old 04-21-18, 07:44 AM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wagonpitt
I got a gs350 today
Congrats! and welcome to the 4GS forum.
Old 04-21-18, 11:13 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw

nice! I have these in my LS430, and everyone who gets in the car always compliments them. I would get them for the GS but they don’t make it for awd last I looked.
They made mine in AWD.
Old 04-21-18, 11:33 AM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I fixed it, after almost bricking it yesterday.
Last night, I tried to play with the door lock options menu. I have just bought a 2014 GS 300h.

Since nothing seems to work as expected, I shut off all of it:Auto Door Lock, Auto Door Unlock, Remote 2-press unlock etc. Everything in the menu off.
Can't figure it out and better to shut it all off and start from the bottom.

On my way back in I noticed that I had to press the key lock button instead of using the door handle lock sensor.
Nice, at least some difference I thought.

Next morning, I had to unlock with the key button, not the handle, just as expected, but then the start button did not respond at all. The key was not recognized
in any way. I could not start the car. I even held the key next to the start button while pressing Start. That is when I paniced.

I went back in and read all about how to start a Lexus or Toyota with key problems, but only one youtube video where a guy used the key to actually push the start button
remotely differed from all that I had already tried.

So just before calling for help, I decided to try one last time. I went out and pushed the start button with the key, and the car started.

Happy and relieved, I went into the menu again and re-activated the item called Smart entry and start system.
Old 04-21-18, 03:10 PM
mrseanjohn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noticed a tear in my passenger armrest.

Now the spring is finally starting in Michigan, the sun showed up today and I noticed this tear in my armrest. I am nervous that it will spread. Any suggestions on correcting?

Old 04-22-18, 04:06 AM
LongLastin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed a lip

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?