GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Things you dislike or would change on your GS

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-17, 12:01 PM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by maveriCK..
i did detail it..wash, clay, compound, polish, wax..
but its only a matter of time til it comes back since its a daily.
other colors arent as noticeable..
Yep. Black is a tough color. Especially during pollen season. But none of them look as slick as a black car in perfect show shape.
Old 02-12-17, 12:32 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Why do people want an A/C On-Off button? It's the 21st century for crying out loud. The car's HVAC system is far smarter (way smarter) than you are...

Last edited by bclexus; 02-12-17 at 01:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JDR76 (02-12-17)
Old 02-12-17, 01:49 PM
Dkp1111
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My only complain is not enough storage space. Where do i put my phone, sunglasses and coffee cups? 😫
Old 02-12-17, 04:10 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Most automakers don't illuminate the stalks...once you learn how they work, is it really necessary to see how they work anymore?
My only issue there is that Toyota lights it up on my Highlander, so I can't get why my Lexus gets the cheaper version.

For me, I think my only wish is for a better remote start system and less wheel gap, but otherwise I'm happy with my GS.
Old 02-12-17, 04:19 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Why do people want an A/C On-Off button? It's the 21st century for crying out loud. The car's HVAC system is far smarter (way smarter) than you are...
This, along with the sunglasses holder, seems to be the complaint I read about most on CL. I just leave my HVAC in Auto and don't worry about a thing. I don't believe you lose anywhere close to 10% of your power with the compressor on. It's no big deal for me.
Old 02-12-17, 04:54 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartman619
Rear Seats don't fold down.
It's a 50k sedan I have an SUV for loading 😬
Old 02-12-17, 04:56 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by maveriCK..
i did detail it..wash, clay, compound, polish, wax..
but its only a matter of time til it comes back since its a daily.
other colors arent as noticeable..
Yeah I do have all the items in my garage but as soon as it's parked out for 2-3 hours it's all dirty again. The reason i sold mine and got a silver one.
Old 02-12-17, 05:13 PM
DP03
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Comparing features (not cars) to my most recent purchase, a Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. Here's what I wish my Lexus had:

Beautiful, touchscreen Garmin Nav.
Headlights!! The Accord has the best lights I've ever had (fulll LED). Blows the Lexus HID's away.
Easy to use Infotainment. My '13 is a nightmare in comparison. Joysticks be gone!
Easy to use AC controls.
$30k price tag!

That being said, I love my GS. Just noting some areas that Lexus needs improvement on.
Old 02-12-17, 05:41 PM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts

Dedicated space for my sunglasses! Really my only gripe.
Old 02-12-17, 05:44 PM
Dkp1111
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh the fog light
Old 02-13-17, 01:27 AM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I'd like a little more factory exhaust noise. I liked the sound of my old G35.
Old 02-13-17, 04:37 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Talking

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
Yeah I do have all the items in my garage but as soon as it's parked out for 2-3 hours it's all dirty again. The reason i sold mine and got a silver one.
Funny, your silver GS is just as dirty after 2-3 hours, you just choose not to acknowledge it. You replaced your car because of that?
Old 02-13-17, 05:45 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MustangSal
I have zero complaints. None. The car is literally f-i-n-e in every aspect. It operates as advertised. It's fast as shi*. Handles like its on rails. Gets 32+ mpg. It fits me in its unbelievably comfy seat like a glove (6'2", 245lbs). Sounds better than many customs systems I installed in previous vehicles. Has more tech than any vehicle I've owned. Subjectively speaking, I'm kind of amazed that some items people bring up are issues. I mean, wasn't the AWD bump there when you purchased the car? Wasn't the human input mouse there? You knew the rear-seats didn't fold down, didn't you? Sorry you don't understand how your windshield wipers work and you scratched your hood. Read. The. Manual.

Sorry...totally satisfied right here.
first of all, I'm guessing you have a pretty low bar set for performance. I get that the GS has good performance for most people, but if you drove an A6 or A7 with the 3.0 engine you would realize how mediocre the GS is in its class.

Yes, the mouse was there when we bought the car. Yes it's a feature we knew we were getting. But like a lot of things, sometimes after a while when you use a feature in every day driving you realize that it's worse (sometimes better) than what you might think in a test drive. Plus that, things change. The competition sometimes gets better while others stand still or go backwards.

Originally Posted by turbo1
On a side note, how would you compare your A7 to the GS?
When I bought my first A7 (have had a 15 and 16 now) I still had a BMW550 and GS. I did a compare of the cars. The first is in this forum, the second on the Audi forum. I'd have to say that over two years later most of the reviews I did still stand.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-a7-today.html
http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-1...gs350-2875885/
Old 02-13-17, 07:08 AM
57Strat777
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My list below coming from a guy that owned 4 BMW M cars over the last 20 years.

-Trunk interior light is way too dim to the point of being useless
-Music doesn't mute when navigation speaks
-F Sport steering wheel should be fatter with more padding
-Center console arm rest should be covered in leather, not fake leather
-All the nanny stuff is ridicules not letting you adjust some car settings and the memory seat position when car is moving
-Don't like how the dash board shakes when you close the glove box.
-Really bad design on back of front seat storage. The bottom of the pocket should expand equal to the top. The way it is now is the top expands but the bottom doesn't expand at all. Put a bottle of water in there and you'll see what I mean.
- I would prefer not to have to set headlights to "auto" to get daylight running lights. I can't help but think that leaving lights set to "auto" all the time reduces light bulb life having the lights cycle on and off constantly during daylight when when entering a garage or a dim area.
- seat ventilation/seat heat settings should turn off each time the car is started because the outside temp can be different each time the car is started.
-Engine needs more torque in the lower RPM range. You shouldn't have to keep a car like this rev'd to high RPM to utilize the power.
-Wish I could turn off Dual Climate Zone with a button on the dash, instead of having to go into the climate menu.

Last edited by 57Strat777; 02-13-17 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-13-17, 07:08 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jjscsix
first of all, I'm guessing you have a pretty low bar set for performance. I get that the GS has good performance for most people, but if you drove an A6 or A7 with the 3.0 engine you would realize how mediocre the GS is in its class.

Yes, the mouse was there when we bought the car. Yes it's a feature we knew we were getting. But like a lot of things, sometimes after a while when you use a feature in every day driving you realize that it's worse (sometimes better) than what you might think in a test drive. Plus that, things change. The competition sometimes gets better while others stand still or go backwards.When I bought my first A7 (have had a 15 and 16 now) I still had a BMW550 and GS. I did a compare of the cars. The first is in this forum, the second on the Audi forum. I'd have to say that over two years later most of the reviews I did still stand.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-a7-today.html
http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-1...gs350-2875885/
Since when did a sub-6 second 4dr sedan fall into a category of mediocre performance (I.e. Low bar)? Really? I mean, good for you and the Audi. I did test drive an A4, A6, A7, various infinity, MB, BMW, so on and so forth...I bought a GS. It was hands down a GS. I was lucky enough to find a unicorn-optioned 450h.

I happen to base my factors in more than just straight line performance. As stated, those checks in the block were there for me without compromise. It's an individual fit and I'm sorry that the GS doesn't/didn't meet your performance standards next to the Audi. Sell it. It's merely not my top factor among many where the Audi just wasn't working for me. Neither did comparable Mb, Infinity, or BMW.

Quick Reply: Things you dislike or would change on your GS