GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Things you dislike or would change on your GS

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-17, 08:15 PM
Twidge
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I'm not sure why you think the A7 is in the LS class the A7 is literally an A6 with different styling. So what class do you thing the A6 is in? I actually looked at an LS when I bought my first A7 and I drove one. They are very different cars.

Yes, the supercharger is the reason it has more torque. What is your point? Is that cheating?
I'm sure the A7 is great. I've had some pretty bad experiences with Audi in the early 2000's that have led me to stay away from them for a while, but seeing as they have risen back in terms of reliability, I may just pick one up again. That being said, Audi dealerships don't tend to certfiy many of their vehicles... at least from what I've seen locallly to me.. haha. Enjoy the car
Old 02-14-17, 04:27 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Twidge
I'm sure the A7 is great. I've had some pretty bad experiences with Audi in the early 2000's that have led me to stay away from them for a while, but seeing as they have risen back in terms of reliability, I may just pick one up again. That being said, Audi dealerships don't tend to certfiy many of their vehicles... at least from what I've seen locallly to me.. haha. Enjoy the car
So far so good. I put 8,500 miles on my 2015 and now have 22,000 on my 2016. Zero problems. A close friend of mine had a 2014 and now 2016 S8. Zero problems. But I get your point. It's hard to forget cars that gave us lots of problems.
Old 02-14-17, 06:43 AM
designzio
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

1. Radio presets are tough to control via steering wheel button. Always jumps to the wrong page of presets in Sirius when in FM.
2. No seek button for radio.
3. No A/C button.
4. Non folding rear seats.
5. Wind noise from side windows and sunroof. My BMW and MB were much quieter.
6. Uncomfortable seats on long distance drives.
Old 02-14-17, 06:45 AM
puffdaddy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm surprised no one has mentioned one of my biggest gripes. Why the car turns off after opening a door when using remote start!!!
Other complaints have been covered that I agree with
A/C button. This car does feel under-powered to me at low RPMs. ANY preventable parasitic loss is unacceptable, so I switch it off regularly. My priorities are different. Some value comfort over performance. I'm not one of them.
Only partially heated steering wheel. I know the nannies at Toyota don't want you to hold anywhere but 9-3 due to air bags, but that's my choice.
The already mentioned lack of low end power. This is expected after coming from a turbocharged car. I really hate that there is nothing that can be done to make a noticeable improvement in power (also not surprising with it being a N/A engine that they have squeezed all they can out of it).
All that said, still not another car I would prefer given the whole package...
Old 02-14-17, 08:25 AM
CTNYC
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by imrankh24
I'm changing the puddle lights on my 2916 es this weekend as well. Do you have any tips for me?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...light-led.html

That link was my guide for it - I'm not positive about the ES, but I'd venture to guess that it's similar. The mirror was EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for me to get off - It actually requires a lot of force. Once you start taking everything apart, I'd say to make sure you take apart the mirror and don't let it hang. The side mirror cover (body colored cover) almost fell because I left it hanging rather than take it off and set it to the side. Once you get the actual mirror off, it's pretty smooth sailing.I'd just say make sure everything is working well before putting it back together, and expect to have to do a car wash to get all your fingerprints off the mirror and the housing. Good luck
Old 02-14-17, 03:11 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by puffdaddy
I'm surprised no one has mentioned one of my biggest gripes. Why the car turns off after opening a door when using remote start!!!
I'm with you on the remote start. I actually did mention it up-thread, but without the details, but you're point is what I was getting at here:

Originally Posted by JDR76
For me, I think my only wish is for a better remote start system and less wheel gap, but otherwise I'm happy with my GS.
I'm in a loaner Nissan Rogue right now and the remote start works as I think one should. It is super easy from the fob, works every time, and doesn't shut off when you open a door.
Old 02-14-17, 03:41 PM
DP03
Driver

I'm with you on the remote start. I actually did mention it up-thread, but without the details, but you're point is what I was getting at here:

I'm in a loaner Nissan Rogue right now and the remote start works as I think one should. It is super easy from the fob, works every time, and doesn't shut off when you open a door.
Yea, that makes no sense. Don't have remote start on mine, but every car that I've had remains on when the door is open. The only time it should shut off is if someone drives to drive it without the proper fob inside. I'm guessing an aftermarket remote start would work properly?
Old 02-14-17, 05:34 PM
Twidge
Pole Position

Originally Posted by puffdaddy
Other complaints have been covered that I agree with
A/C button. This car does feel under-powered to me at low RPMs. ANY preventable parasitic loss is unacceptable, so I switch it off regularly. My priorities are different. Some value comfort over performance. I'm not one of them.
Only partially heated steering wheel. I know the nannies at Toyota don't want you to hold anywhere but 9-3 due to air bags, but that's my choice.
The already mentioned lack of low end power. This is expected after coming from a turbocharged car. I really hate that there is nothing that can be done to make a noticeable improvement in power (also not surprising with it being a N/A engine that they have squeezed all they can out of it).
All that said, still not another car I would prefer given the whole package...
its actually safety feature of all the newer cars with push to start with aftermarket remote starters. I hate it too, but its better than getting your car stolen
Old 02-14-17, 05:38 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

its actually safety feature of all the newer cars with push to start. I hate it too, but its better than getting your car stolen
Nah, I'm driving a 17 Rogue and it doesn't shut off. Remote start it, unlock doors, get in, put foot on brake and tap the engine start button again and you're good to drive away, without the engine ever shutting off. Just need the key inside.
Old 02-14-17, 06:38 PM
Twidge
Pole Position

Nah, I'm driving a 17 Rogue and it doesn't shut off. Remote start it, unlock doors, get in, put foot on brake and tap the engine start button again and you're good to drive away, without the engine ever shutting off. Just need the key inside.
but is that the OEM remote starter or an after market one?
Old 02-14-17, 06:47 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

but is that the OEM remote starter or an after market one?
It's OEM. Works the same as in my sister's 16 Murano.

Most other manufacturers do not shut the engine off.
Old 02-14-17, 07:04 PM
DP03
Driver

I think Twidge's quote was for aftermarket remote starters.....
Old 02-14-17, 07:05 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

1) needs more power. (I like the mouse more than touch pad)
Old 02-14-17, 07:44 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DP03
I think Twidge's quote was for aftermarket remote starters.....
He can clarify if that's his intent. He said "newer cars with push button start" and didn't mention aftermarket starters, plus we were talking about the Lexus remote start, so it seemed worth clarifying.

In any case, it's the same story with OEM and aftermarket starters. Most allow the engine to keep running, except for Toyota/Lexus, and I wish they'd reconsider that.
Old 02-14-17, 07:57 PM
DP03
Driver

He can clarify if that's his intent. He said "newer cars with push button start" and didn't mention aftermarket starters, plus we were talking about the Lexus remote start, so it seemed worth clarifying.

In any case, it's the same story with OEM and aftermarket starters. Most allow the engine to keep running, except for Toyota/Lexus, and I wish they'd reconsider that.
I was reading his post #53. As far as OEM, I agree. I've never seen others that shut the car off, and it's not a safety issue, cause you still need to have the fob to unlock and start the car.

Quick Reply: Things you dislike or would change on your GS