GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New GS350 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-17, 06:15 AM
jimgreen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New GS350 Owner

Hi All! I've been lurking these forums for a while now. Bought an IS 2 years ago, but wanted a GS (wasnt in the price range then). I found a 2014 GS350 Luxury yesterday and pulled the trigger. So far, I love it!

A few questions:
-Does Enform actually do anything? I thought I'd at least be able to enter addresses from my phone, but that doesn't seem possible.
-I have the tech package (Blind spot, park assist, etc), but i do not have the HUD. Are there any aftermarket HUDs that don't look like and eye sore on your dashboard? I don't like keeping things on my dash.
-I am used to have a cradle for my phone in my IS. Any good phone holders you all are using? I don't want something ugly on my dash.
-I got some stink eye at the dealership when I asked, but does anyone know of roof racks or bike mounts that wont damage? I mountain bike and want to transport my bike easily.

I'll be making some small modifications to it - but nothing big until after I get married in Aug. It was already a hard sell buying a car 5 months before our wedding - hence buying a CPO GS350 instead of new. Oh - and I like this body style better than the new GS lights.

Last edited by jimgreen; 03-14-17 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-14-17, 08:25 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Originally Posted by jimgreen
Hi All! I've been lurking these forums for a while now. Bought an IS 2 years ago, but wanted a GS (wasnt in the price range then). I found a 2014 GS350 Luxury yesterday and pulled the trigger. So far, I love it!

A few questions:
-Does Enform actually do anything? I thought I'd at least be able to enter addresses from my phone, but that doesn't seem possible.
-I have the tech package (Blind spot, park assist, etc), but i do not have the HUD. Are there any aftermarket HUDs that don't look like and eye sore on your dashboard? I don't like keeping things on my dash.
-I am used to have a cradle for my phone in my IS. Any good phone holders you all are using? I don't want something ugly on my dash.
-I got some stink eye at the dealership when I asked, but does anyone know of roof racks or bike mounts that wont damage? I mountain bike and want to transport my bike easily.

I'll be making some small modifications to it - but nothing big until after I get married in Aug. It was already a hard sell buying a car 5 months before our wedding - hence buying a CPO GS350 instead of new. Oh - and I like this body style better than the new GS lights.
Congrats and welcome.

Yes, you can use Enform to send addresses from your phone to your nav system.

In the Enform app on your phone, go to Destination Search. Enter the address, select it when it comes up, and select "SAVE". In your car, go into the apps and select "Saved Destinations". Say yes to sync and you're set.
Old 03-14-17, 12:06 PM
jimgreen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Congrats and welcome.

Yes, you can use Enform to send addresses from your phone to your nav system.

In the Enform app on your phone, go to Destination Search. Enter the address, select it when it comes up, and select "SAVE". In your car, go into the apps and select "Saved Destinations". Say yes to sync and you're set.
Awesome, thanks! I just started adding my frequent locations.