GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Cheated on my girl

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-17, 11:45 AM
spiveyb
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Cheated on my girl

So I had some time to kill on my lunch break today, and decided to go test drive a 2016 Audi A6. My initial thoughts was the seats were comfortable, and you can feel the power slightly more than the lexus. Those were the only two things that stood out after my test drive that consisted of in city and highway. I had never been more ready to get back to the dealership to hop back in my lexus lol. The ride was rough compared the GS, and didn't feel as refined in my opinion. Even the car salesman said the GS350 F sport, is the best well rounded luxury sedan on the road right now. This was a guy that previously worked for BMW as well.When he made that statement it was meant for the daily drivers that are not going to tell the slight difference in power, performance, handling and etc.

Me and my GS made up when I returned to the lot, and she let me back in when I hit the unlock button LOL. It was good to be home.
Attached Thumbnails Cheated on my girl-lexus.jpg  
The following 5 users liked this post by spiveyb:
corpnupe85 (03-24-17), CTNYC (03-24-17), Im2bz2p345 (03-24-17), LatinLS430 (03-24-17), TrevorTran (03-24-17)
Old 03-24-17, 12:01 PM
CTNYC
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The GS is a great car in its class.

The 2013 A6 I've driven extensively had a very "cheap" feeling to it - it was nice, but everything didn't seem as nice as the GS, and I simply can't get comfortable in any Audi. I really love Audi's exterior design, and really want to like Audi, but just something about it, I'm not a fan of.
Old 03-24-17, 12:24 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

I've honestly never been a fan of audi.
Old 03-24-17, 12:49 PM
Barkley45
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I cheated for three plus years, and her name was Audi as well, A5 to be exact.....but i loved every minute of it, until she started nickel and diming me.
The following users liked this post:
Neles (03-24-17)
Old 03-24-17, 12:51 PM
tq745
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

gotta love the navigation and android auto in Audi's tho.
Old 03-24-17, 12:59 PM
spiveyb
Driver

Originally Posted by Barkley45
I cheated for three plus years, and her name was Audi as well, A5 to be exact.....but i loved every minute of it, until she started nickel and diming me.

LOLOL.. You always meet the representative in the beginning.
Old 03-24-17, 02:02 PM
DJP333
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I used to have an Audi A4 quattro. I did really enjoy that car, but it was in the shop A LOT, good thing I bought it certified pre-owned, because back in 2003 CPO Audis came with 100,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty, I got rid of it at about 110k miles.

I also love my car (which looks just like the OPs), I look forward to driving it everyday.
Old 03-24-17, 07:16 PM
dano
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have always loved the understated elegance of Audi's designs. The A4 through A8, the TT and the R8 are beautiful cars IMO and have been for years. What's always kept me from them is the horror stories of expensive maintenance and in the past, poor reliability. And many complain about the GS's depreciation but most German brands are much worse.
Old 03-25-17, 07:46 AM
yround
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an Audi Q5. It was a blast to drive but had to replace the oil frequently,. It was a 3 yr lease so I didn't have it long enough to deal with maintenance issues.
Old 03-25-17, 01:05 PM
Ehsun
Rookie

Hahaha nice
Old 03-25-17, 08:39 PM
Metsfan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I like to check out the other girls every now and then as well, and you know, it's fun. But like you, I always love coming home. Audi, BMW, Merc, Jag, and recently, Alfa—these are all sexy cars and turn heads. Additionally, we tend to buy cars like the GS because we love cars, we love design, and we're drawn to luxury. I tested most of the brands I just mentioned before deciding and there were things I liked about all of them. But for me, the GS was the complete package—design, performance, luxury, and reliability . . . and I don't even have the F-series.

And one more thing. I know that for people who are into luxury performance sedans "reliability" is like a dirty word because we don't want to sound like our dads when they brought home the Buick back when that was a good idea (yeah, I was a little kid in the '70s), but while I like a nice ride, I have a job and family and other things to do besides dropping off my car at the garage wondering what I'm going to get for a loaner. Because even if it's really nice, it's not mine. And it's interesting for just as long as it takes to get out of the parking lot and then I get out onto the streets and it's not linked to my phone and the presets are all wrong and the lumbar support is way off and "where are my sunglasses"? Well, you get the idea. Sorry for the rant. I love my GS.
Old 03-26-17, 04:34 PM
aachowhan
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I could probably write a 5 page essay on why Lexus really dropped the ball on the in car entertainment system or Lexus Enform or whatever. Bottom line is that I should be able to use the remote start and many other features on the move and I should want to pay for lexus's service for Enform, not try to force me into it. Sure, I can get bypasses or an aftermarket remote start, but what was the purpose of having all that in the car to begin with? Why can't at least my passenger use the gps to look things up? And the tech is behind to, GM, Ford, Hyundai are all offering apps that work and work really well and some for the life of the car. That is something I would expect from Lexus since it's a luxury brand. They really need to loosen up and start getting more progressive like other manufactures.

With that said, I love my GS. It's great. Handles well, sounds good, interior is amazing, comfortable, etc. And let's not forget, reliability is a main reason many, I assume, got a GS. I want to spend more time driving and only having to worry about regular expected maintenance and not unexpected repairs. That's why I avoid the German competition. BWM, Mercedes, Audi are all nice, but not for me.

I still think the GS is once of the nicer looking sedans you can get. It's front has a distinctive look and it's a well balanced car.
Old 03-28-17, 03:24 PM
jdigga99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJP333
I used to have an Audi A4 quattro. I did really enjoy that car, but it was in the shop A LOT, good thing I bought it certified pre-owned, because back in 2003 CPO Audis came with 100,000 bumper-to-bumper warranty, I got rid of it at about 110k miles.

I also love my car (which looks just like the OPs), I look forward to driving it everyday.
Same story here...I loved my A4 but I started to get too cool with the service advisors... Thank gawd for extended warranties. I jumped ship about 5 months after the warranty was up.
Old 03-29-17, 09:53 AM
Seppo
Driver School Candidate

I'm glad you like your Lexus. I must admit that Audi A6 is my clear first choice in this class, by a long way, and I did some extensive comparisons. If I were buying new, it would be A6 3.0T without a doubt. I found the ride significantly more absorbent than the GS on back-to-back drives over a bad patch of highway, and the steering in the Audi is superior as well. Drivetrain response with the 3.0T and that terrific ZF 8-speed transmission is also clearly superior as well.

Because I still drive 30k+ miles annually, I can't justify to buy a new car in this class and experience the heavy depreciation associated with it. There are simply very few used A6's available, especially CPO, as buyers generally keep them and leased models have a long waiting list. The only used 3.0T of up to three or four years age I found over several months of searching was over 500 miles away. My consolation is that our other vehicle is a Q5 3.0T, so I get to drive and enjoy that, including its rock-solid reliability.

The GS350 AWD I found as a CPO was a good solution for high mileage driving, despite it being a thirsty and only middling-responsive drivetrain. The handling and comfort are good, no run-flat tires, sightlines are good unlike so many cars these days, and the headlights are really good. It's a nice enough car, just not as enjoyable to drive as A6 and Cadillac CTS possibly, but better than that heavy and lumbering BMW F10 5-series that was recently discontinued.

The tech is not impressive, though, MMI and iDrive are much better control interfaces. And not being able to do some normal functions unless the car is in Park, that's pretty tacky of Lexus and Toyota. Even the seat memory?

Still, GS is a good car, and I can see the reasons other owners are happy with theirs.
Old 03-29-17, 01:25 PM
spiveyb
Driver

Originally Posted by Seppo
I'm glad you like your Lexus. I must admit that Audi A6 is my clear first choice in this class, by a long way, and I did some extensive comparisons. If I were buying new, it would be A6 3.0T without a doubt. I found the ride significantly more absorbent than the GS on back-to-back drives over a bad patch of highway, and the steering in the Audi is superior as well. Drivetrain response with the 3.0T and that terrific ZF 8-speed transmission is also clearly superior as well.

Because I still drive 30k+ miles annually, I can't justify to buy a new car in this class and experience the heavy depreciation associated with it. There are simply very few used A6's available, especially CPO, as buyers generally keep them and leased models have a long waiting list. The only used 3.0T of up to three or four years age I found over several months of searching was over 500 miles away. My consolation is that our other vehicle is a Q5 3.0T, so I get to drive and enjoy that, including its rock-solid reliability.

The GS350 AWD I found as a CPO was a good solution for high mileage driving, despite it being a thirsty and only middling-responsive drivetrain. The handling and comfort are good, no run-flat tires, sightlines are good unlike so many cars these days, and the headlights are really good. It's a nice enough car, just not as enjoyable to drive as A6 and Cadillac CTS possibly, but better than that heavy and lumbering BMW F10 5-series that was recently discontinued.

The tech is not impressive, though, MMI and iDrive are much better control interfaces. And not being able to do some normal functions unless the car is in Park, that's pretty tacky of Lexus and Toyota. Even the seat memory?

Still, GS is a good car, and I can see the reasons other owners are happy with theirs.
Great post! I should have mentioned that I test drove the 2.0, which that was the only option the dealership had available. Plus it felt like the car needed servicing that hadn't been done yet. It was a 2016 with 11k miles. I'm quite sure my perception would have been a little different on a new A6 3.0. Don't get me wrong, I was a huge fan of the Audi's and the look especially when the A5 came out, but was disappointed with my first time test driving one. If the dealership ever gets an A6 3.0, I will go back and test drive to see if my view remains the same.

Quick Reply: Cheated on my girl