GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Notes from my first and last Lexus vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-17, 10:14 AM
corpnupe85
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Whatever you do don't purchase a hyundai genesis. I had abysmal customer service dealing with issues. Hyundai did not want to work with me. At least, Lexus is willing to resolve issues.
Old 04-02-17, 11:44 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Can the OP go into more detail with what he dealt with mechanically with his GS. For people buying one it is something to look to, I have also had some issues with Lexus and how they took care of issues/treatment of buyers, you are not alone but it has not turned me off to the brand.

I don't buy into the "bad build" theory that affects just a few cars. I have worked in a auto plant, all cars get built the same way with the same tolerances, a car built on Friday is not built any different then the rest of the week, there are checks all down the line and when the car is on final, most assembly issues are found and corrected. Even if a part is not properly installed it normally just means it is loose and just needs to be tightened or re fitted in most cases, it does not mean it is going to break or fail, that is the design of the car and durability of components when they break or fail and it can happen to any car no matter who screwed the parts together or attached them.
Old 04-03-17, 04:43 PM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by NetEditor
April Fools?
Good one!

I've been to five different Lexus dealers thus far. Some in the show room will give me a half look when I was there checking out for a new car But services have been so far so good. One of the dealers messed up my car once and they really went beyond to fix it right. In any case, don't let the dealer experience ruin your choice of vehicle. Maybe you had bad luck with this GS. IMO it's difficult to find a different brand with similar quality.
Old 04-04-17, 06:40 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You definitely need to go to a different Lexus dealership. The quality of service varies greatly, even between dealerships owned by the same individual. Case in point, over the last 15 years of Lexus ownership I've had a terrible dealer experience with one Ft. Worth dealership and outstanding dealership experiences from a Dallas dealership, both owned by the same owner. Your dealership choices affect the service you will get. It will be wise to do your research on the dealerships available to you before you make the purchase.

Last edited by rjm; 04-04-17 at 06:43 AM.
Old 04-04-17, 12:32 PM
dwayne4lex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The OP really had a bad experience with his Lexus. I've mainly dealt with one Lexus dealership since 2007 covering 4 Lexus cars and my experience has been good or just okay but never this bad. I haven't really had a problem getting a sales person to help me but at times have not gotten one of the better sales people. I only remember having 2 mechanical failures between all 4 cars and one was related to a recall and the other was a battery issue. I have had better experiences with this locations service department overall than the sales department. When I had a complaint about the return fees on my last lease I wrote corporate. Unfortunately they couldn't get the fees reversed since they weren't a part of Lexus Financial Services, but they were kind enough to send me a refund check when I proved that I paid the fees. This action totally reinforced me staying with Lexus for another few years.