GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

North Carolina Lexus Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-17, 06:39 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Default North Carolina Lexus Dealers

For those who live in NC or near one of the Lexus dealers here, would anyone recommend one over the other? Have any of them gone above and beyond in your opinion? Any to stay away from?

I'm in Winston Salem and can easily get to Raleigh/Durham or the Charlotte area. I purchased my GS and LS from Johnson Lexus in Raleigh but have primarily used Flow Lexus here in Winston (and an independent Lexus shop) for my servicing needs.

There are 6 here in NC:

Flow - Greensboro & Winston
Johnson - Raleigh and Durham
Hendrick - Charlotte and North Lake

Thanks!
Old 04-05-17, 09:30 AM
huss11
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey 06ls430KTC !

i actually live in the charlotte area and my dad recently purchased a lx570. the experience there is truly amazing, sir! everyone is extremely nice and the service in impeccable! the hendrick lexus northlake location is great and id recommend it to anyone...ik, ik, it sounds like im praising em, but it really is great, man!

Hope that helps!
`
Old 04-05-17, 11:40 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

Why wouldn't you use Flow Lexus located on Jonestown Road there in Winston-Salem where you live?

If you were to talk with a dozen different service advisors, and receive service work from a dozen different technicians, at each of the six Lexus dealerships in North Carolina you would most likely find that each dealership was equal to the others. And even if one dealership did standout better than the others, it would probably be a one-time anomaly.
Old 04-05-17, 12:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I've bought cars from Flow, Hendrick and Lexus of Greenville but 10+ years in the past for all. All of them will be fine, but I prefer Hendrick and also go to them for service.

if you are buying new send out requests to all dealerships (internet sales Mgr) within 100 miles to get quotes once you have locked in on what you want. You'll have a basis for comparative negotiation.
Old 04-05-17, 12:51 PM
huss11
Rookie

Bclexus , it is very true that if your went to a few dealers there'd be a few that would stand out...but my father actually has bought twice cars from the north lake location...the lx I was speaking of and a 2013 gs350, and in all of those cases he walked in, knew what he wanted, and if the dealer couldn't do a good enough price or there wasn't anything he liked, simply said, "I want it or I'm gonna walk out," because he knew that there were tons of other cars with better deals. He actually has dealt with two different salesmen and women when he bought both cars...so I myself don't belief it's a one time thing.

Also, davegs4 , of course...it'd be the right and sensible thing to do if toure buying new...but if it was me personally, I'd prefer a 2-3 year old car that had went through its depreciation already. But overall, id always but from northlake if it's me...but then again, who'd trust a 19 year old kid? Lmao

hope that hat helped in the he least bit everyone!
Old 04-05-17, 01:22 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,495 Posts

Originally Posted by huss11
Bclexus , it is very true that if your went to a few dealers there'd be a few that would stand out...but my father actually has bought twice cars from the north lake location...the lx I was speaking of and a 2013 gs350, and in all of those cases he walked in, knew what he wanted, and if the dealer couldn't do a good enough price or there wasn't anything he liked, simply said, "I want it or I'm gonna walk out," because he knew that there were tons of other cars with better deals. He actually has dealt with two different salesmen and women when he bought both cars...so I myself don't belief it's a one time thing.

Also, davegs4 , of course...it'd be the right and sensible thing to do if toure buying new...but if it was me personally, I'd prefer a 2-3 year old car that had went through its depreciation already. But overall, id always but from northlake if it's me...but then again, who'd trust a 19 year old kid? Lmao

hope that hat helped in the he least bit everyone!
I think the OP is asking about the best dealership to take care of his servicing needs for his recently purchased GS 350.
Old 04-05-17, 01:41 PM
huss11
Rookie

Yea, bclexus ...I didn't realized how dumb I sounded until after I read it over again...
but I also just wanted to elaborate on how my dad maybe had such a great experience with the dealership. lol sorry for the stupid Long message before.
Old 04-05-17, 02:55 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Lol, same here

06ls430ktc,

IMO you should go the closest dealer until they give you a reason not to. I go to Hendrick Northlake because it's a 10 minute drive for me to get there... actually have had moderately better service experiences at their Independence location but that's 40 minutes each way for me and not worth the hassle to invest a couple of hours driving for an oil change
Old 04-05-17, 06:59 PM
tlbryant7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Raleigh and had purchased all my Lexus' from Johnson. My 2013 was totaled and I was looking for a '14 F-Sport. Found one at Hendrick Northlake. The entire process was stellar! There was a problem with the brakes squealing and Northlake agreed to fix. Rotors and pads were replaced according to TSB, squealing didn't go away actually got worse. I tried to get Johnson to re-examine/fix and they acknowledged there was another pad (pn 04465-30450) that could resolve, but they wanted to charge me another 500 to resurface and replace w/new pads. I called corp and they interceded on my behalf.
The squealing is gone, virtually no brake dust!! My story is basically service dept at both dealerships screwed me or at the very least were horrible in fixing a known issue/defect. I am definitely not a fan of Johnson seeing as how I have purchased 5 Lexus vehicles in the past.
Old 04-06-17, 12:32 AM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by huss11
hey 06ls430KTC !

i actually live in the charlotte area and my dad recently purchased a lx570. the experience there is truly amazing, sir! everyone is extremely nice and the service in impeccable! the hendrick lexus northlake location is great and id recommend it to anyone...ik, ik, it sounds like im praising em, but it really is great, man!

Hope that helps!
`
Yeap u bought a 90+ k car dealership owner will send u gift card worth 100$ after 1-2 months lol (happened with me),OP is asking for service experience pls share if you had any with this dealer.
Old 04-06-17, 12:53 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

johnson lexus is good in Raleigh.
Old 04-06-17, 04:05 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

I have used Johnson in Raleigh, Flow in Winston and Hendrick at North Lake with all good results. Since I live here in Winston, I plan to take the car to Flow. They serviced my IS300 when I had it but when I picked up my LS430, there was an independent Lexus shop recommended to me and that's where I took my LS430. Allan was a former Flow mechanic and had worked on Lexus' most of his career.

I appreciate the feedback and input from everyone!
Old 04-06-17, 11:28 AM
tejanp
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Bought mine at Johnson Lexus in Durham however I live in Clt and get the cars serviced at Hendrick. Customer service (service dept) is beyond amazing at Hendrick always walked away with a smile. didn't have a good experience with sales dept. though. Flip side, Johnson Lexus did great in the sales dept.
Old 04-06-17, 07:37 PM
tlbryant7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where/who is the independent Lexus shop? Once my maintenance agreement ends I will not be taking it to Johnson
Old 04-07-17, 04:24 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tlbryant7
Where/who is the independent Lexus shop? Once my maintenance agreement ends I will not be taking it to Johnson
TLC Automotive here in Winston Salem. He's located on Griffith Road out near Hanes Mall. When I had my LS, Allen did most of the maintenance on that car.