GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Base 350 vs. F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-17, 04:30 PM
GsLex02
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm more of a fan of the luxury package. Most people with f sport end up installing fog lights. I put a front lip and roof spoiler on my car...plenty of style.
Old 06-06-17, 06:55 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by JWBlakk
I have a lux model but love the exterior styling of an F Sport so I did an exterior F Sport conversion. Now I have the best of both worlds, F Sport look outside while luxury features and wood inside. I personally would've gotten an F Sport but couldn't find a good used one with the combo I wanted at the time but all in all am very pleased with the route I took. It's all buyer's preference tbh.
How much did that cost, what did you do. Only thing I like about F sport is exterior styling and extra power seat option, would rather get non F sport and just make exterior look F sport,

Luxury option costs more then F sport and is very rare.
Old 06-06-17, 07:01 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

For my wife's GS450H luxury package I swapped to Fsport front end, next to swap rear bumper diffuser & mufflers from F-sport that I have in my garage. The only problem I have that CVT tranny on GS450H will make constant sound vs switching gears as should be

Regarding brakes... I think GS450H has pretty much the same bite as my Fsport model... still thinking if I should put calipers from Fsport.
Old 06-06-17, 08:01 PM
bb700092
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by shurik74
For my wife's GS450H luxury package I swapped to Fsport front end, next to swap rear bumper diffuser & mufflers from F-sport that I have in my garage. The only problem I have that CVT tranny on GS450H will make constant sound vs switching gears as should be

Regarding brakes... I think GS450H has pretty much the same bite as my Fsport model... still thinking if I should put calipers from Fsport.
I love the CVT. Have been driving them in Maximas for the last 10 years and that is the only thing I miss in my GS. They are sooooo smooth... no shift shock! I wish I could give you my 8-speed and get your CVT in return.
Old 06-06-17, 08:23 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by bb700092
I love the CVT. Have been driving them in Maximas for the last 10 years and that is the only thing I miss in my GS. They are sooooo smooth... no shift shock! I wish I could give you my 8-speed and get your CVT in return.
My wife has no objections to CVT, she likes it, it's her car... Me, been driving manual since I was 14, I have to have gears switching. Kinda regret that sold my 2011 Acura TL SH-AWD 6MT to get GS350. Don't take me wrong, I do like GS but don't get much excitement driving it like TL.
Old 06-07-17, 11:00 AM
gflexus
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

One thing that you have to realize is that the AVS suspension is always active and constantly adjusting to driving and road conditions. So the AVS equipped car drives and reacts much better and is much less "pitchy" than the base car at all times.

S+ mode merely increases the ride firmness. I personally find the S+ mode in the f sport perfect. It is almost never too firm unless you are on a very rough road, at which point simply hit the normal setting. To me, the car has an almost too luxurious ride no matter what setting you are in.
Old 06-07-17, 11:09 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gflexus
One thing that you have to realize is that the AVS suspension is always active and constantly adjusting to driving and road conditions. So the AVS equipped car drives and reacts much better and is much less "pitchy" than the base car at all times.

S+ mode merely increases the ride firmness. I personally find the S+ mode in the f sport perfect. It is almost never too firm unless you are on a very rough road, at which point simply hit the normal setting. To me, the car has an almost too luxurious ride no matter what setting you are in.
Not to mention the S+ steering ratio tightens ways up too.
Old 06-07-17, 02:27 PM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

All I can say is that I love my Lux!!!
Old 06-07-17, 07:04 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by btanchors
Overall, for me, the Luxury package was more valuable to me. But I can understand why someone would prefer the F-Sport as well.

What puzzles me is why the Luxury package is so hard to find. I had to go out of state to find one (I'm in Northern Virginia)
Same. I did tons of research and decided the Luxury edition was a better value, had to have mine shipped from Minnesota.

AWD S+ is my jam.

Last edited by jonathancl; 06-07-17 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-08-17, 12:52 PM
atrac7
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was in teh same boat. Was initially looking at only F-Sports. Then salesmen showed me the lux pkg and I became intrigued...went home and did some research and decided it was the way to go.

I bought my car at a 3rd party dealer, so I also don't think he was aware that the car had Mark Levinson in it as a premium option. That and the HUD option along with the extra features the Lux pkg had me decided to go that route.

Keep in mind there are some additional traits of the Lux pkg that are not visible to the eye, like the double pane windows (i heard some F-sports have this, not sure though).
Old 06-08-17, 01:02 PM
Amazon
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by atrac7
I was in teh same boat. Was initially looking at only F-Sports. Then salesmen showed me the lux pkg and I became intrigued...went home and did some research and decided it was the way to go.

I bought my car at a 3rd party dealer, so I also don't think he was aware that the car had Mark Levinson in it as a premium option. That and the HUD option along with the extra features the Lux pkg had me decided to go that route.

Keep in mind there are some additional traits of the Lux pkg that are not visible to the eye, like the double pane windows (i heard some F-sports have this, not sure though).
My 2014 GS350 F Sport has dual pane on the front doors might be the cold weather package but im not sure.
Old 06-08-17, 01:11 PM
truthbtold
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

My 2014 F Sport has double pane windows. No cold weather package
Old 06-08-17, 01:40 PM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

My 2013 F-Sport has the double pane front windows as well. I do not have the cold weather package (SoCal).
Old 06-08-17, 03:22 PM
btanchors
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How do you tell if your windows are "double pane"?
The following users liked this post:
peteharvey (06-08-17)
Old 06-08-17, 03:26 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by btanchors
How do you tell if your windows are "double pane"?
If you roll your window down party way to look at the top edge of the glass, you'll see two pieces of glass bonded together.

Quick Reply: Base 350 vs. F-Sport