GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Bluetooth not displaying metadata

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-17, 08:08 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Bluetooth not displaying metadata

I had to reset my android phone and since then, I no longer see metadata when connected via bluetooth. I've tried it with various music apps such as google play music (using local files), pandora, and spotify. they all used to show metadata and for whatever reason I can't get it to show anymore, nor control the tracks from the steering wheel controls. Can someone please help me?

I thought there was an old topic regarding this issue, but I couldn't find it.
Old 06-13-17, 08:40 PM
Longevite1
Intermediate

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts

It happens to me from time to time too, more likely is my phone, because my gf Galaxy S7 Edge never have problem showing Metadata on my car. I tried many different ways to fix it but no luck. So far I got it consistent to show the titles/info by delete the bluetooth connection of both phone and car, the rename the device name to single word, then sync with the car again with a new name.

If it still doesn't work, try connect your phone as media player while you are at BT media player tab.

Wish you luck.
Old 06-14-17, 09:20 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

After resetting your phone, did you re-pair with the car or did it pick it up automatically? If you didn't, maybe a re-pair will fix?

I've only seen an issue like this when resuming play from some left-off point. Typically it's resolved by pausing/playing again or restarting my app. It sounds like your issue is more persistent.

Does it show when you connect via cable in "ipod" mode?
Old 06-15-17, 05:51 PM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Longevite1
It happens to me from time to time too, more likely is my phone, because my gf Galaxy S7 Edge never have problem showing Metadata on my car. I tried many different ways to fix it but no luck. So far I got it consistent to show the titles/info by delete the bluetooth connection of both phone and car, the rename the device name to single word, then sync with the car again with a new name.

If it still doesn't work, try connect your phone as media player while you are at BT media player tab.

Wish you luck.
Tried the renaming to one word for the device but unfortunately, no luck. On the BT settings page, I have it connected to both phone and media.

Originally Posted by spoogenet
After resetting your phone, did you re-pair with the car or did it pick it up automatically? If you didn't, maybe a re-pair will fix?

I've only seen an issue like this when resuming play from some left-off point. Typically it's resolved by pausing/playing again or restarting my app. It sounds like your issue is more persistent.

Does it show when you connect via cable in "ipod" mode?
After resetting it, I repaired from scratch, meaning i removed it from the BT settings on the car and had to start from scratch on the phone. I've restarted multiple apps and I still can't get it to show meta data. Haven't tried the cable, but that's because I have no interest in using a USB cable with my phone since I have my phone mounted up.