GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How Low Can We Go...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-17, 06:45 AM
truthbtold
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

It's lookin nice! How much did the shop charge you for the install?
Old 07-13-17, 07:03 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by tejanp
Love it! also just the drop i am looking for. Are you on stock shocks? any problems with the AVS? Is your ride like stock or stiffer?
on swift springs. The drop is just right. The ride is just as smooth as it was prior.... Swift, Tanabe, and RS-R, are pretty much the same in height drop, but Swift being slightly more expensive...researched a lot and saw the Swift had a lot of great reviews. Ask Josh, of Meraki Autosports, he's on this forum..he could probably give you the comparable run down that you might need. Best of luck bro. I'll be posting pictures shortly of the final product....
Old 07-13-17, 07:05 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by truthbtold
It's lookin nice! How much did the shop charge you for the install?

he charged me $160 bro, had me out in less than an hour...
Old 07-13-17, 08:19 AM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Chavez562
on swift springs. The drop is just right. The ride is just as smooth as it was prior.... Swift, Tanabe, and RS-R, are pretty much the same in height drop, but Swift being slightly more expensive...researched a lot and saw the Swift had a lot of great reviews. Ask Josh, of Meraki Autosports, he's on this forum..he could probably give you the comparable run down that you might need. Best of luck bro. I'll be posting pictures shortly of the final product....
Super excited to see your pics. Can you give a somewhat zoomed in pic of the tire gap but still showing some of the fender? Glad to hear the ride quality is the same. I had springs on previous cars and hated how bouncy the ride would become.
Old 07-13-17, 09:00 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jvm0685
Super excited to see your pics. Can you give a somewhat zoomed in pic of the tire gap but still showing some of the fender? Glad to hear the ride quality is the same. I had springs on previous cars and hated how bouncy the ride would become.
Ya for sure bro! I'm running a few errands right now but when I get to the pad, I'll def take pix and I'll post the pix that ur looking for.
Old 07-13-17, 09:45 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 699 Likes on 613 Posts

Yes sir, anyone interested in these springs contact us!! Have many in stock.

Also, Tommy @ Music Box is a great installer for anyone local. He's our buddy and hooks our customers up with quality installs, great pricing, and fast service.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-14-17, 01:14 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

[QUOTE=jvm0685;9923526]Super excited to see your pics.

Here you go, hope you enjoy as much as I do...

Old 07-14-17, 01:14 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 366 Likes on 255 Posts

How is the alignment range with the Tanabe and Swift springs?

When I put l-tuned s/s on my Gen3, it was right at edge of the camber setting, and as the car aged, it wouldn't align fully anymore, always had a little negative camber and wore the inner tire edge.
Old 07-14-17, 01:18 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jonathancl
How is the alignment range with the Tanabe and Swift springs?

When I put l-tuned s/s on my Gen3, it was right at edge of the camber setting, and as the car aged, it wouldn't align fully anymore, always had a little negative camber and wore the inner tire edge.
honestly bro, I feel like the drop is just right...the ride is smooth...with no detrimental aftermath...
Old 07-14-17, 02:50 PM
nmlexus4gs
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will not regret the swift springs...after driving it around immediately after the drop, the handling and control was the exact same...
If the handling and control was the exact same, what was the reason for this mod. Just trying to understand what this mod is for.
Old 07-14-17, 03:02 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nmlexus4gs
If the handling and control was the exact same, what was the reason for this mod. Just trying to understand what this mod is for.
"the exact same" is an opinionated statement...others may feel the difference...me personally, I do not, but the Swift Springs are a set of lowering springs that have adjusted the "stock height" of the car...so in essence, the car is lowered.
Old 07-14-17, 03:11 PM
nmlexus4gs
Rookie

"the exact same" is an opinionated statement...others may feel the difference...me personally, I do not, but the Swift Springs are a set of lowering springs that have adjusted the "stock height" of the car...so in essence, the car is lowered.
Thanks for the reply. I was trying to understand the advantages for lowering the car. Is it for looks or there is any other reasons behind it. Your car looks great !. Congratulations.
Old 07-14-17, 03:23 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to understand the advantages for lowering the car. Is it for looks or there is any other reasons behind it. Your car looks great !. Congratulations.
youre welcome bro, don't even mention it.. truthfully I've always been into lowering my cars..cosmetically it looks great I.M.O. But again it's the look and feel that you're aiming for...have you done any mods?
Old 07-14-17, 03:29 PM
nmlexus4gs
Rookie

youre welcome bro, don't even mention it.. truthfully I've always been into lowering my cars..cosmetically it looks great I.M.O. But again it's the look and feel that you're aiming for...have you done any mods?
nope. never.
Old 07-14-17, 06:02 PM
bb700092
Intermediate

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts

Exactly my question. It seems this mod is purely for cosmetic looks. It typically costs over $500 (including new parts and labor) and might be reducing the longevity of some of the stock suspension parts and might be messing with Lexus warranty terms and conditions. I have never heard of any benefit to handling from any forum member which I am all for. Theoretically, lowering a car should improve its handling since its center of gravity gets lowered. Here is a Youtube video explaining that:

Here is a Youtube video showing better tires can improve lap times more than coilovers:

Last edited by bb700092; 07-17-17 at 10:16 AM.

Quick Reply: How Low Can We Go...