GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

How Low Can We Go...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-17, 06:28 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jvm0685
Super excited to see your pics. Can you give a somewhat zoomed in pic of the tire gap but still showing some of the fender? Glad to hear the ride quality is the same. I had springs on previous cars and hated how bouncy the ride would become.
got them posted bro!
Old 07-14-17, 07:02 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Chavez562
got them posted bro!
thank you! wow your car with that drop looks amazing.
Old 07-14-17, 07:30 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Also, love the color of your car in the sunlight!
Old 07-14-17, 08:48 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Also, love the color of your car in the sunlight!
thanks man!!!! It's caviar(metallic black)... I love the way it hits against light as well. Ya the drop was just right in my opinion. I don't drive the car often...it will settle over the next few days but love it. When are you planning on doing the same?
Old 07-14-17, 10:37 PM
Tommastie
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
They're all about the same amount of drop.

-Josh
I have swift springs right now, are you saying that the swift and super down have about the same drop too. Even though the rsr superdowns advertised as 2 inches drop front and rear, while swift is only .8 front and .6 rear? Can you please confirm so i dont have to install the superdowns to replae my swift springs.
Old 07-14-17, 10:58 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tommastie
I have swift springs right now, are you saying that the swift and super down have about the same drop too. Even though the rsr superdowns advertised as 2 inches drop front and rear, while swift is only .8 front and .6 rear? Can you please confirm so i dont have to install the superdowns to replae my swift springs.
i understood it as a similar drop. To be honest bro, I feel like I got more than a .8 and .6 drop...hope u get what ur looking for...got pix of ur car right now??
Old 07-14-17, 11:40 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Super downs are very low.

I'm referring to the RSR regular down, Swift Springs and Tanabe.

RSR makes 3 different kinds.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-15-17, 11:11 PM
Tommastie
Rookie

Here's what my car looked like when I had stock wheels and swift springs. I like the drop then, but after getting some vmr wheels and different tires they look a little high to me.

Last edited by Tommastie; 07-15-17 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-16-17, 05:36 AM
jlin7
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's what my car looked like when I had stock wheels and swift springs. I like the drop then, but after getting some vmr wheels and different tires they look a little high to me.
Thanks for your help again, you got me convinced! So I got mine dropped on swift's couple weeks ago. By the way, your front SK lip looks like it fits pretty well, who make the lip?
Old 07-16-17, 06:50 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

your car is really nice. If you're used to sitting really low, then maybe you should do the rs-r superdowns. Looks good though!
Old 07-16-17, 06:51 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jlin7
Thanks for your help again, you got me convinced! So I got mine dropped on swift's couple weeks ago. By the way, your front SK lip looks like it fits pretty well, who make the lip?
pix of your car on swift?
Old 07-16-17, 12:51 PM
vuong05
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Damn,... looks amazing with stock wheels and the swift springs. The front lip fit looks great, where did you get it from?
Old 07-16-17, 01:49 PM
Tommastie
Rookie

Originally Posted by jlin7
np man, it's just an eBay lip.
Old 08-09-17, 07:29 AM
veez81
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Chavez562
thanks man!!!! It's caviar(metallic black)... I love the way it hits against light as well. Ya the drop was just right in my opinion. I don't drive the car often...it will settle over the next few days but love it. When are you planning on doing the same?
your posts convinced me to go with swifts. i finally got my car lowered yesterday (went to tommy's, too). fyi everyone, he charges only $160 for the springs install and is really meticulous with his work. he finished the install in about a little over an hour. the ride with swifts feel amazing. it's ever so slightly stiffer in normal mode but by no means harsh. i have about a 2.5 finger gap in the rear and 2 in the front right now, i think it'll prob settle another 1/8" or 1/4".
Old 08-10-17, 10:56 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

your posts convinced me to go with swifts. i finally got my car lowered yesterday (went to tommy's, too). fyi everyone, he charges only $160 for the springs install and is really meticulous with his work. he finished the install in about a little over an hour. the ride with swifts feel amazing. it's ever so slightly stiffer in normal mode but by no means harsh. i have about a 2.5 finger gap in the rear and 2 in the front right now, i think it'll prob settle another 1/8" or 1/4".
thats awesome! Glad you were able to see it before u got it! What's next? Got any pix of ur ride?

Quick Reply: How Low Can We Go...