GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Those of you lowered on stock shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-20, 06:06 AM
GSGSGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hues10
I think the GS is at an acceptable ride height to get in and out of for my legs and knees at my age. Why in the world would a person want to lower it and make it an ordeal to get in and out of everyday. So enjoy your ground hugging, stone chipping, lowered cars while you can gents, cause one day, you will be wanting that higher slide in and out vehicle.
sorry Hues but I’m calling you out for non sense.

first off the wheel gap on the GS is horrible

second swift springs drop an inch if you still scrape and damage your car with a 1 inch drop you need to go back to your Nissan Altima.

Christian
Old 04-08-20, 06:12 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,230 Likes on 1,449 Posts

The stock ride height perfectly clears most parking chocks and curbs. There are a lot of sport sedans you can't do this in anymore. Any lower and you can't just pull in ***** nilly.
Old 04-08-20, 06:41 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

So why lower the car an inch if you are going to lower it? It is like adding one of those "Cold Air Intakes", to gain 7 HP at redline only on a 300 HP engine. You will not notice it. But Hey, do what you want to the vehicles. I am just trying to stir up the conversation, since I have nothing better to do, other than work from home and drink plenty of water cause it makes me get up from the chair.
Old 04-08-20, 06:42 AM
GSGSGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peasodos
The stock ride height perfectly clears most parking chocks and curbs. There are a lot of sport sedans you can't do this in anymore. Any lower and you can't just pull in ***** nilly.

stock height also makes the GS look like a suv and nothing like a sport sedan
Old 04-08-20, 06:44 AM
GSGSGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hues10
So why lower the car an inch if you are going to lower it? It is like adding one of those "Cold Air Intakes", to gain 7 HP at redline only on a 300 HP engine. You will not notice it. But Hey, do what you want to the vehicles. I am just trying to stir up the conversation, since I have nothing better to do, other than work from home and drink plenty of water cause it makes me get up from the chair.
it makes the car look good as well as drive better I’m 6’5 and have no problem getting in / out Lexus GS is king of the road

i agree with you on the CAI certainly doesn’t make the car look better or drive better like swift springs do
Old 04-08-20, 07:18 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,230 Likes on 1,449 Posts

Originally Posted by GSGSGS
Not sure how stock ride height makes the car look like an SUV. Only stock ride height imo that should be lowered is AWD, that's a bit ridiculous.
But the stock 450h or 350 has an even gap between the fender and the tire, that's what I like to see. You lower it and the top fender/tire gap is closer than the side gap, not to mention the degraded ride quality which is part of the reason I bought the car in the first place. My car has gloss black rims, that look nicer, and make wheel gap less noticeable, since everything is black.

The following users liked this post:
jonathancl (04-10-20)
Old 04-08-20, 09:04 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 185 Likes on 141 Posts

Peasodos, is there anything original left to your car So the only way to test this 1" lowering theory on driving better thing, which I will take as meaning it can corner at higher speeds, means someone needs to take their stock car to some slalom track, do 5 laps with it to get some average, best, worst lap times. Then lower it the 1" and do the same under the same weather conditions. If there are better lap times, by more than a nano second, than I will believe it drives better. If not, it is all for show. Never thought of the all around wheel gap thing. Good point Peasodos. Keep things symmetrical. Riding high is the way I fly!
Old 04-08-20, 06:07 PM
GSGSGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by peasodos
Not sure how stock ride height makes the car look like an SUV. Only stock ride height imo that should be lowered is AWD, that's a bit ridiculous.
But the stock 450h or 350 has an even gap between the fender and the tire, that's what I like to see. You lower it and the top fender/tire gap is closer than the side gap, not to mention the degraded ride quality which is part of the reason I bought the car in the first place. My car has gloss black rims, that look nicer, and make wheel gap less noticeable, since everything is black.

cool story bro

you like big ugly wheel gaps but some of us don’t

you like bouncy stock springs but I don’t
Old 04-09-20, 05:01 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 314 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by GSGSGS
I guess I'd better change my registration to the truck category then.. I have a tiny boot lid spoiler and annoyingly low profile tyres, this clearly is a sports sedan!
For a daily driver, I don't know why you'd go lower as parking at supermarkets would be a nightmare, although I appreciate how good they look as a show car.

Old 04-09-20, 05:34 PM
GSGSGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cwang
I guess I'd better change my registration to the truck category then.. I have a tiny boot lid spoiler and annoyingly low profile tyres, this clearly is a sports sedan!
For a daily driver, I don't know why you'd go lower as parking at supermarkets would be a nightmare, although I appreciate how good they look as a show car.

Meh your car says it all you have no style

Pictures reminds me how ugly that chrome looks stock
Old 04-09-20, 05:41 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 314 Likes on 214 Posts

Well you're just a ball of exuberance, candidate! Another prodigious case of 'Lexus engineers got it wrong' so let's slam it so I can't clear shopping centre humps + gutters and and install a fart cannon to impress the 19yr old P plater next door!
The following users liked this post:
jonathancl (04-10-20)
Old 04-12-20, 04:18 AM
maddave
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 11 Posts

i think it looks better