GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Those of you lowered on stock shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-17, 06:40 AM
tejanp
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Those of you lowered on stock shocks?

Do you think longevity of the shocks have been compromised? is your ride close to factory? any rubbing? I want to lower my 450h but am uneasy, the last time i lowered a car was in 2000 on a Honda Accord.
Old 07-13-17, 09:14 AM
tudank
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Longevity is always compromised when lowering on stock shocks. A lot has to do with how to drive too. When I had mine on swift springs I'd say the ride was just as smooth as stock. I couldn't stand how the springs made my car appear to be a little higher in the front so I opted for coilovers
Old 07-13-17, 09:15 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by tudank
Longevity is always compromised when lowering on stock shocks. A lot has to do with how to drive too. When I had mine on swift springs I'd say the ride was just as smooth as stock. I couldn't stand how the springs made my car appear to be a little higher in the front so I opted for coilovers
i just threw on the swift springs yesterday and can't even notice the difference in ride comfort..
Old 07-13-17, 11:33 AM
Tommastie
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chavez562
i just threw on the swift springs yesterday and can't even notice the difference in ride comfort..
I have swift springs too, and they are near stock ride, too bad they are not low enough for me.
Old 07-14-17, 11:03 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by tejanp
Do you think longevity of the shocks have been compromised? is your ride close to factory? any rubbing? I want to lower my 450h but am uneasy, the last time i lowered a car was in 2000 on a Honda Accord.
450h has the added weight of the battery in the rear. I don't think there are any factory or aftermarket lowering springs to account for this.
Last time I lowered a car it was a 2010 Civic, expect ride quality to go down. I decided to keep the luxury in Lexus and not even think about lowering my 450h, just live with the ride height.
Old 07-14-17, 11:22 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tommastie
I have swift springs too, and they are near stock ride, too bad they are not low enough for me.
what kind of drop were u looking to get?? I dropped mine and the car sits beautiful, even without my rims. I haven't bought the rims yet but I'm satisfied with the drop for sure. You got pix of your ride?
Old 07-14-17, 03:02 PM
Tommastie
Rookie

what kind of drop were u looking to get?? I dropped mine and the car sits beautiful, even without my rims. I haven't bought the rims yet but I'm satisfied with the drop for sure. You got pix of your ride?
when I was on stock wheels with spacers it looks great, but after getting wheels they look really high in the front compared to the rear
Old 07-14-17, 03:26 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

when I was on stock wheels with spacers it looks great, but after getting wheels they look really high in the front compared to the rear
what about an air suspension kit??
Old 07-14-17, 03:28 PM
Tommastie
Rookie

what about an air suspension kit??
My cousin has airlift on his 3gs and i don't really like the ride quality of it. I just ordered some rsr superdowns, and will see how that looks in comparison to the swift. I hope it gives it a more aggressive drop and still ride well like the swifts.
Old 07-14-17, 03:37 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

My cousin has airlift on his 3gs and i don't really like the ride quality of it. I just ordered some rsr superdowns, and will see how that looks in comparison to the swift. I hope it gives it a more aggressive drop and still ride well like the swifts.
sounds good man, can't wait to see how it sits!!! Be sure to share pix...
Old 07-25-17, 12:06 PM
gridlock13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tejanp
No matter what springs you put on, the longevity of the shocks will always be compromised since the lowered ride height means the shocks are constantly compressed a little bit more. I'm on RSR Down springs (no electromagnetic struts since I have the base level GS) and the ride was only slightly firmer than stock. I'm on the stock 18" wheels with 245/45 tires and don't have any rubbing.
Old 04-05-20, 02:00 AM
Reimers66
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys ! But some pictures with Swift springs
Old 04-05-20, 09:49 PM
CaptRog21
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts

Questions for those with Swift springs. I just went to install mine today and the spring wasn't even close to the same as the stock when it comes to lining up on the strut and with the top hat. I currently have Tanabes on so I have switched the springs out once before and the Tanabes lined up just right. Anyone else have this issue with Swift? Looking at pics of the Swift springs online, the ones I received from Meraki don't look similar to them at all...possibly sent the wrong set??
Old 04-06-20, 10:03 AM
Reimers66
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The model must be Swift 4T911
Old 04-08-20, 03:14 AM
Hues10
Advanced

Received 180 Likes on 138 Posts

I think the GS is at an acceptable ride height to get in and out of for my legs and knees at my age. Why in the world would a person want to lower it and make it an ordeal to get in and out of everyday. So enjoy your ground hugging, stone chipping, lowered cars while you can gents, cause one day, you will be wanting that higher slide in and out vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
chinee (04-08-20)

Quick Reply: Those of you lowered on stock shocks?