GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Navigation and Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-17, 05:48 AM
maiahsdad
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OneFunGS
I can only assume you're talking about my post here.
Actually, I don't even remember reading it. But I have just now.

The post itself had an undertone of disbelief, not negativity. It is all in how you take it though.
Correct, which is why I don't rely on "texture" when compelling "text" in a public forum. How you meant it, is not indicative of how it was received by many. But I now know what those who reached out to me and flamed you for those comments, were indicating. But thanks for trying to submit a sense of clarity after the fact. But the comments were not "general" in nature.

That being said, what I gave you was hard and fast facts about life lessons.
Which is not what I was asking for. I would have appreciated you for doing what others did, which was to weigh in from experience regarding the questions I was asking. I don't need life lessons. Being much greater than a half century old now, many years of marriage and kids... I've lived a LOT of life. So, since my situation was pretty unique, I depended on information regarding the CAR, which all but a couple contributed valuable information. I am not flaming you. But I AM with hopes that this gives you some valuable feedback. Always try to add value. No one really wants to hear superimposed dissertation. If you can HELP... then HELP.

I am glad you got it sorted out but let this be a lesson to you. Be it a pack of gum or a car or a house know what you are buying! Rushed into a decision is not an excuse for lack of investigation.
What I needed sorted out, were details regarding the car attributes within a small window of time. Not whether the dealership would make it right, nor scolded because I didn't decision this, or pursue this purchase the way that YOU would have. Answers to my questions were appreciated. Your color commentary would be great in many venues I'm sure. This one.... not so much.

Sir/Madaam, be well.
Pastor E. Decarius Spells, Ph.D.
Old 10-27-17, 05:52 AM
maiahsdad
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
I'm not a fan of black cars with black interiors, but this car does seem to be more of what you are looking for in features. Not to mention, AWD for your weather conditions and less miles are additional perks. Unfortunately AWD does sit significantly higher than RWD, but you could get it lowered with aftermarket parts. You can easily fit a spoiler on the trunk too...you have a choice between F-sport or regular GS spoiler.

It seems like you are a bit hesitant on it though, so I would wait until you find one that you really like rather than just settling and regretting.
You were exactly right on ALL fronts. Your post as well as a few others, really helped me with apples-to-apples concerning a vehicle I liked, but need your experience to help me sort out. Tinted this coming Monday, Remote Start this coming Monday. Now... I'm looking for back window and trunk wings.... I don't want OEM. As soon as I find one, I'll schedule it painted and put on. Researching lowering kit as well.

Last edited by maiahsdad; 10-27-17 at 05:53 AM. Reason: ...