GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2013 Common Problems, Resale, Rare Luxury Package?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-17, 07:14 AM
Reston4GS
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
I wanted a 2013+ 450h with luxury package for under $30k. For the 2 months I looked there literally was only maybe 10 cars in dealerships across the United States.

I had to compromise, had I been more patient maybe I would have found it, the hybrids are very rare.
I settled for a Liquid Platinum 2013 GS 450h with 64k miles, factory paint protection(a must 64k miles and the bumper is pristine), blind spot, cold weather package, and Mark Levinson.

The car was in excellent condition, looked like new inside and out. I paid 28k out the door in February. I paid in full so no fees or loan interest. I flew from Alexandria, Virginia to Atlanta Georgia to finalize the sale and pick the car up from a Toyota dealership. Then drove it back to Virginia.

I found a original bamboo steering wheel and bamboo rear vent garnish that I scored for a great price and installed. After selling the original leather wheel the upgrade cost was $300.
Recently bought the Bi-led adaptive headlights on eBay for a great deal, plan on installing it in the spring. Once I make the swap and sell the factory headlights the upgrade cost will be around $800.
Current bought the 2014+ side mirror and switch to find out if we can upgrade.

I wish I had dynamic cruise control and 18 way power adjustable semi-aniline front seats, Where there is a will there is a way and I enjoy doing the upgrades myself. I will probably will never have the dynamic cruise control, but may find an affordable flaxen 18 way adjustable seats.

The 2013 does not have:
Power Trunk
Power folding side mirrors
Auto heated/ventilated front seats

However if you look for a used one you can get a great deal on them.
Peasodos, when you say (Auto) heated and ventilated seats, how are those different than the heated/ventilated seats on my 13?
Also side note, thanks Peosodos for the help on the nice separate thread right now on the power side mirrors, now 2013 4GS'ers can have power mirrors. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ng-mirros.html
All we have left is the power trunk to tackle
Old 12-08-17, 07:44 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 865 Likes on 652 Posts

2013 had heated/ventilated seats with three (3) lights for cool and three (3) for heat.
2014's and newer have an Auto function that ties the seats to the HVAC, a seventh light
at the top distinguishes that feature.
2013 GS's could have Blind Spot Monitor but did not have Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
(The 2013 - 2015 RX's also had just BSM) New for 2014 the GS's got RCTA with the BSM.

The Night View System was only available in 2013 and as noted, extremely rare.
My dealership bought a Corporate Demo that had it and we went out to try it a
couple of evenings. Worked pretty well at "seeing" distant objects but seemed a
bit space age/gimmicky. Cadillac was also offering it back then has dropped it also.

A major "marriage saver" is the Lux 18 way or F-Sport 16 way seats. Not only are they
comfortable of course but the memory setting cover ALL the movements rather than
just the up/down, recline and tilt. BTW the extra two (2) way adjustment of the Luxury
package seat over the F-Sport is a mid-back "hinge" that bends the upper seat relative
to the lower seat back. Both have the lower "pelvic" pusher in addition to the common "lumbar".
The following users liked this post:
Seabone726 (03-19-20)
Old 12-08-17, 09:28 AM
MikeLucky
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am a new member to the board and on November 18th I purchased a 2013 GS350 AWD with Luxury package here in OKC. She had 60,000 miles on her but was immaculately cared for. Previous owner took her to Lexus of Tulsa every 5,000 and even did the $1,000 60,000 mile service before trading it in, so I am assuming the plugs got replaced too, which should be in the normal 60k service. I'm very happy to read the comments in this thread about the 2013 models being reliable. Many times the first year of a new generation run tends to have a lot of bugs to work out. Only complaint I have so far is some rattling with the bass in the ML sound.

I bought my wife a Sequoia about 2 years ago, then I bought her an Infiniti G37 Convertible this summer with the idea that I would start driving the Sequoia. However, she decided she wanted to have both the Sequoia AND the G37, especially since the G is getting hibernated in the garage for the winter. She's hot and I like to have sex with her.... SOOOOO, you know the drill. Thankfully, she's also very awesome and on Friday the 17th at lunchtime she said I should get a new car for me. The next day by 1pm I was driving home in my new Lexus. lol

I probably paid more that I should have, right at $22,000, but at the time of looking it was seriously the only GS350 AWD on autotrader within 300 miles of OKC so I wasn't going to chance walking out of the dealership without her. Normally I would have taken her to my mechanic first, but this one was so beautiful that I decided he was just going to have to fix whatever was wrong with her. lol. Turns out she's pristine.