GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Painting lip vs non-painted

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-18 | 02:19 PM
JWBlakk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Edlcworld
Finally had lip installed ! Fitment was great , installer did not have any issues with getting it to fit. Love how it looks 😍. Only thing is I wish I could see it from far (20-30 feet away ). I was not present when he was installing it so it makes me think that he might have drilled too far back and thats why the lip does not stick out as much. Im also very OCD and pay too much attention to things. Here are some pictures! Let me know what you guys think , if its good like that?

Looks great! It looks like it's installed right (mine looks the same way), unfortunately with the replica it doesn't stick out as much as the Lexon lip and the replica is more rounded. Good job!
The following users liked this post:
Edlcworld (01-25-18)
Old 01-25-18 | 02:36 PM
Edlcworld
Rookie

Originally Posted by JWBlakk
Looks great! It looks like it's installed right (mine looks the same way), unfortunately with the replica it doesn't stick out as much as the Lexon lip and the replica is more rounded. Good job!
Thank you �� Makes me feel a little bitter knowing that's exactly how its supposed to look. Thanks for all your help in this post, appreciate it !
Might consider the Lexin later on .
Old 01-25-18 | 02:56 PM
JWBlakk
Intermediate

Thank you �� Makes me feel a little bitter knowing that's exactly how its supposed to look. Thanks for all your help in this post, appreciate it !
Anytime!
Old 01-25-18 | 07:35 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Finally had lip installed ! Fitment was great , installer did not have any issues with getting it to fit. Love how it looks 😍. Only thing is I wish I could see it from far (20-30 feet away ). I was not present when he was installing it so it makes me think that he might have drilled too far back and thats why the lip does not stick out as much. Im also very OCD and pay too much attention to things. Here are some pictures! Let me know what you guys think , if its good like that?

To me, the best part about this particular lip is that it is subtle. I mentioned it before but I felt that the F-Sport should have had a front lip and painted caliper options. Yours definitely looks good the way it is!
Old 01-27-18 | 06:27 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

itll look great either way!! If you’re unsure...maybe wrap the lip before painting? That’s what I did... love it! Front lip is the same as the roof. Best of luck tho, can’t wait to see what u decide!

Old 01-29-18 | 01:20 PM
Edlcworld
Rookie

Originally Posted by AJLex19
To me, the best part about this particular lip is that it is subtle. I mentioned it before but I felt that the F-Sport should have had a front lip and painted caliper options. Yours definitely looks good the way it is!
Agree ! To be F-sport they could've done a little better. One of the things that bothers me the most is the wheel gap. Regular GS sits a lot lower. I want to paint my calipers orange, how the gsf has it! Saw it at my local dealer and fell in love. But I'm debating i do not want to make changes that will make my car look tacky in the end.
Old 01-29-18 | 01:23 PM
Edlcworld
Rookie

Originally Posted by Chavez562

itll look great either way!! If you’re unsure...maybe wrap the lip before painting? That’s what I did... love it! Front lip is the same as the roof. Best of luck tho, can’t wait to see what u decide!

I decided to install the lip without painting/ wrapping it. Might consider wrapping it later on, had it installed for $35 with my buddy that works for our local Honda dealer so I wouldnt mind paying again. Did you get yours wrapped at a shop or did it yourself? If so what cb print did you use? 3D or 4D?