Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-18, 06:20 PM
joesmithf1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

Hi All,

I saw this carbon fiber rear spoiler on eBay and is the right price for me. Any thoughts? Is it any good? If you bought one, how easy is it to install; do you have to drill holes, or is it as easy as removing existing OEM spoiler and replace it with new one?

thanks.
Joe

2016-2017 LEXUS GS350 GS200T GSF SPORT STYLE CARBON FIBER REAR TRUNK SPOILER
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-2016-20...pZXuho&vxp=mtr
Old 01-28-18, 04:17 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by joesmithf1
Hi All,

I saw this carbon fiber rear spoiler on eBay and is the right price for me. Any thoughts? Is it any good? If you bought one, how easy is it to install; do you have to drill holes, or is it as easy as removing existing OEM spoiler and replace it with new one?

thanks.
Joe

2016-2017 LEXUS GS350 GS200T GSF SPORT STYLE CARBON FIBER REAR TRUNK SPOILER
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-2016-20...pZXuho&vxp=mtr

it it seems like it’s nice...but based off quality, price, and vendor...no assurances that it’ll be the that of your expectations, or it might. There’s a guy on here who sells great stuff, Josh from Meraki Autosports. He’s fairly reasonable in price too. Hit him up and see what he can do for u...can’t wait to see your mods tho! Best of luck and keep us up to date!
Old 01-28-18, 07:28 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

I have one I bought from shadow speed and I love it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272304952445?ul_noapp=true

Shipping was insanely fast, I'm talking like within 3 days from Taiwan. Quality on it is very good, I'm not sure how it compares to the one you linked. Really adds a nice touch to the car though. No drilling required, just need to use some good 3m tape and line it up. I recommend using some painters tape or something during test fitting, when you have the right position mark it so when you apply the tape you can line it up easy. Its held up very well.
Attachment 490725
Attachment 490726
Attachment 490727
Attachment 490728
The following 2 users liked this post by e60bmw:
Boomin (01-29-18), IS250_6MT (09-13-19)
Old 01-30-18, 10:15 AM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

i bought the carbon fiber one from shadowspeed as well. the spoiler itself looks good. i had issues when the spoiler arrived with some weird shadowing in the clearcoat/beneath it. when i told the seller, they asked me to bring it to different detailing shops and body shops to see if they could resolve the problem. the problem was beneath the clear coat though, so nothing could be done. i asked for a replacement and they did not want to send me a new one (probably because the shipping to return and to ship another spoiler would cost them a lot due to being in asia). in the end they agreed to refund me like $50 off the purchase price to settle the sell. so, they have pretty good customer service in trying to resolve issues, but be aware if you have issues with yours, getting a replacement will probably be difficult. the shadowing in the spoiler are only noticeable under certain angles, and the way carbon fiber spoilers off ebay go, i expect it to yellow in a couple years anyways, so i'll replace it with a new one then.
Old 01-30-18, 10:58 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by j.Veezy68
i bought the carbon fiber one from shadowspeed as well. the spoiler itself looks good. i had issues when the spoiler arrived with some weird shadowing in the clearcoat/beneath it. when i told the seller, they asked me to bring it to different detailing shops and body shops to see if they could resolve the problem. the problem was beneath the clear coat though, so nothing could be done. i asked for a replacement and they did not want to send me a new one (probably because the shipping to return and to ship another spoiler would cost them a lot due to being in asia). in the end they agreed to refund me like $50 off the purchase price to settle the sell. so, they have pretty good customer service in trying to resolve issues, but be aware if you have issues with yours, getting a replacement will probably be difficult. the shadowing in the spoiler are only noticeable under certain angles, and the way carbon fiber spoilers off ebay go, i expect it to yellow in a couple years anyways, so i'll replace it with a new one then.
You can open an item not as described case in eBay. eBay provides you with a USPS return label, return for a full refund.
This is regardless of what the seller says because eBay has a rock solid money back guarantee policy.

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Under "I bought an item." click "I received an item that does not match the seller's description.".

In some rare cases eBay will step in and issue you a full refund without needing to return the item and they also reimburse the seller. It's happened to me before.

I would open the eBay case and let eBay take care of the rest. There is no need to get stuck with a not as described item.

Last edited by peasodos; 01-30-18 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-30-18, 09:25 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
You can open an item not as described case in eBay. eBay provides you with a USPS return label, return for a full refund.
This is regardless of what the seller says because eBay has a rock solid money back guarantee policy.

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Under "I bought an item." click "I received an item that does not match the seller's description.".

In some rare cases eBay will step in and issue you a full refund without needing to return the item and they also reimburse the seller. It's happened to me before.

I would open the eBay case and let eBay take care of the rest. There is no need to get stuck with a not as described item.
hey man thanks for the info. definitely too late for me to do this but I’ll remember it should something happen in the future
Old 01-30-18, 09:31 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by j.Veezy68

hey man thanks for the info. definitely too late for me to do this but I’ll remember it should something happen in the future
You can file a Not As Described case with eBay up to 30 days after purchase, return the item with free label, and get the rest of your money back. Even after you agreed to the partial refund. The buyer convinced you to the partial refund because they didn't want to pay the return shipping for the defective item. The eBay money back guarantee is rock solid.

Also in Paypal you can file an item not as described case up to 6 months after purchase.

If I were you I would file the case with eBay to get my money back unless you think the defect is worth living with for a $50 discount.
Old 01-30-18, 10:07 PM
Klassy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This looks good!
Old 01-31-18, 09:56 AM
DaPope10
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I also bought the Shadow Speed one and it is great! And I also got it in three days! There is nothing wrong with the clear coat or weave. I made two holes at the oem mounting points (and double sided tape) to install it.
Old 01-31-18, 04:39 PM
tthomas543
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered from shadow speed on Sunday and I received the spoiler today ! Looks VERY good for the price ! I would def recommend buying this over the OEM GSF spoiler which costs thousands LOL
Old 02-09-18, 12:54 PM
tthomas543
Rookie

Plan on installing today..... anyone have tips before i attempt to remove the factory spoiler?? Thanks
Old 02-09-18, 03:25 PM
BUZY3215
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Make sure you don't drop the bolt when removing the OEM spoiler. I did and i can't take it out. Drives me nuts when i open the trunk. I can hear it rolling around....
Old 02-09-18, 06:19 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by BUZY3215
Make sure you don't drop the bolt when removing the OEM spoiler. I did and i can't take it out. Drives me nuts when i open the trunk. I can hear it rolling around....
Can you use a telescoping magnet to retrieve the loose nut? It's never good to have a loose nut in the car!

Old 02-09-18, 07:47 PM
tthomas543
Rookie

^^ Lol dang i was thinking to myself earlier i hope the bolt doesn't fall! Overall it was easy to remove ... hardest part was dealing with the left over gunk/glue

Did you all only use the 3m tape to secure the new spoiler?
Old 02-10-18, 01:03 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

I wrapped mine...the same as my roof

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler