GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2 Week Old FSport Brake Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-18, 08:01 PM
JoeKooL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Week Old FSport Brake Noise

Newbie on this forum but not new to Lexus. 2 weeks ago I swapped my 2016 GX460 and ES for a 2018 GS FSport. I noticed a few days ago some brake noise or noise coming from wheels. I was cruising, no rough driving or speeding. Everytime i pull in garage, back out, stop lights. It even makes the noise sometimes when i simply get out or in the car. An odd click noise. Car has only 500 miles. Called my Service rep took it in this week right away. They told me this is a typical issue they can swap rotors I choose to wait and research and here we are. I'm currently in process of moving from Texas to California this week. Im kinda frustrated about this. Any ideas or opinions of what i should do. Tow truck shows up any day to take it to CA. I was thinking of having another Service center in LA look at it. But at this point I'm almost regretting the swap and I didn't look into the reviews on this model. I've always been happy with Lexus so this is all new to me. Funny thing my 2016 ES was having a similar clicking noise with its brakes but it was at 20k miles. Please help any input would be appreciated
Old 01-27-18, 09:35 PM
corpnupe85
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The clicking noise that I had only occurred during low speed turns.

Last edited by corpnupe85; 01-28-18 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-27-18, 10:49 PM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeKooL
Newbie on this forum but not new to Lexus. 2 weeks ago I swapped my 2016 GX460 and ES for a 2018 GS FSport. I noticed a few days ago some brake noise or noise coming from wheels. I was cruising, no rough driving or speeding. Everytime i pull in garage, back out, stop lights. It even makes the noise sometimes when i simply get out or in the car. An odd click noise. Car has only 500 miles. Called my Service rep took it in this week right away. They told me this is a typical issue they can swap rotors I choose to wait and research and here we are. I'm currently in process of moving from Texas to California this week. Im kinda frustrated about this. Any ideas or opinions of what i should do. Tow truck shows up any day to take it to CA. I was thinking of having another Service center in LA look at it. But at this point I'm almost regretting the swap and I didn't look into the reviews on this model. I've always been happy with Lexus so this is all new to me. Funny thing my 2016 ES was having a similar clicking noise with its brakes but it was at 20k miles. Please help any input would be appreciated
Wait. An odd click just sitting there (getting in and out of the car)??? How does that even equate to a rotor problem.

Clicking while driving? Don't get that either. Hard over steering wheel at almost no speed was the clicking problem of old.

I'm positive they've cleared that up by 18'.

So you've shown it to the dealer and they confirmed the click?

Last edited by MustangSal; 01-27-18 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-28-18, 03:58 AM
JoeKooL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MustangSal
Wait. An odd click just sitting there (getting in and out of the car)??? How does that even equate to a rotor problem

So you've shown it to the dealer and they confirmed the click?
Anytime i come to a stop i hear it. Last night when i came home i had windows down and as a i pulled in click click. I turned off sat there for a moment and when i got out of car click click.
when i dropped off at dealer the valet guy at the dealer clearly heard it pulling up. They had it for a full day. My service person who I've had for 3 years now told me this is a common problem starting on 2013s. I got mine new it has 600 miles on it ��. The dealer confirmed and offered a rotor swap i said id wait, because im literally in process of moving cross country. They showed me a printout if the 2 different rotors. Its said this was experienced at fast turns etc. I wasn't fast turning ir anything. Obviously gonna get another opinion when i get to L.A. but this is frustrating dealing with service on a rotor issue at 600 miles.

I got in my car this morning. The second i sit down i heard a click. Put my foot on brake and heard it. Didnt start the car. Can it be something else?

Last edited by JoeKooL; 01-28-18 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Added details
Old 01-28-18, 04:47 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Amazing. I literally have no idea how a dynamic part (tires/rotors) can make any sound when sitting static.

Can you video it?
Old 01-28-18, 05:02 AM
JoeKooL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MustangSal
Amazing. I literally have no idea how a dynamic part (tires/rotors) can make any sound when sitting static.

Can you video it?
i will get a video here in a little bit. Ill have someone else video so it can be a clear view and shot of car. My ES was doing a similar click on the brakes too and at startup.
im extremely compulsive so im trying to figure this out.
Im going to call the supervisor/manager tomorrow morning but with the tow truck coming tomorrow not sure what they can do once i move. Im probably going to have to deal with whatever local dealer such bad timing.
Old 01-28-18, 06:42 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Well all Lexus seem to be welcome at all Lexus dealers and service. Sucks to have to deal with anything especially on such a new vehicle but they should definitely keep whatever it is a high priority.
Old 01-28-18, 06:58 AM
mrcleean
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 2014 makes a clicking when I enter or exit the vehicle due to the parking brake, which I have set to auto but no clicking while driving. Do the 2018's still come with the 2 piece rotors?
Old 01-28-18, 07:01 AM
JoeKooL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrcleean
My 2014 makes a clicking when I enter or exit the vehicle due to the parking brake, which I have set to auto but no clicking while driving. Do the 2018's still come with the 2 piece rotors?
yea ive had it on auto and off still clicks
According to dealer 2018 has 2 piece rotors
They offered to switch to a 1 piece but said its a different metal and will not have same performance. So i told them i wanted to research.. after sleeping on it thinking can they try to replace with just a new set of the 2 piece. Literally 16 days old.
Old 01-28-18, 02:40 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 545 Likes on 396 Posts

Be sure to post pics. when ya get everything squared away. Tell us what color combo ya got and options. There's a few of us on here that got new 18's, I picked mine up in December down in Houston. So far I haven't had any brake issues on mine but, I am changing the front pads to ceramic just due to the excessive brake dust. Also, where did you buy yours from?
Old 01-28-18, 02:48 PM
JoeKooL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by charley95
Be sure to post pics. when ya get everything squared away. Tell us what color combo ya got and options. There's a few of us on here that got new 18's, I picked mine up in December down in Houston. So far I haven't had any brake issues on mine but, I am changing the front pads to ceramic just due to the excessive brake dust. Also, where did you buy yours from?
just posted on the intro thread. It has 19s staggered fitment summer tires. I posted a few pics on other thread. Rescheduling my tow and going back to my purchase dealer to talk to a supervisor and see what he says
Old 01-28-18, 03:36 PM
charley95
Pole Position

What dealer did ya buy it from?
Old 01-28-18, 03:38 PM
JoeKooL
Driver School Candidate

What dealer did ya buy it from?
Park Place Plano TX
Old 01-28-18, 03:56 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Great looking car! I got the Caviar/red combo which I love. I almost bought one from them and they usually have a lot to choose from. Don't give up on your brake issue, you'll get it straightened out.
Old 01-28-18, 06:47 PM
JoeKooL
Driver School Candidate

Great looking car! I got the Caviar/red combo which I love. I almost bought one from them and they usually have a lot to choose from. Don't give up on your brake issue, you'll get it straightened out.
thanks for the encouragement and info. Ive postponed my tow i want to get this resolved at my home dealer who ive uses for 3 years now. And with it being this new i feel they should want to help me out and not just brush me off with a 1 piece rotor offer that isn't guaranteed to fix. Quality control somewhere slipped on this one. So ill keep you posted tomorrow morning headed to dealer and service

Quick Reply: 2 Week Old FSport Brake Noise