GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 gs350 f sport front conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-18 | 11:05 AM
ssjlaosy
Driver School Candidate

Default 2014 gs350 f sport front conversion

Hi guys i was wondering if this has been done before but i was thinking of converting my front end to the new 2017 gs350 setup has anyone done it or is it even worth it. The reason why im thinking of doing it is because i got into a little fender bender a while back nothing is really damaged but my hood bent in a little just the lip part and it bugging me. so i was thinking buy a new hood sell my old one since its repairable and go from there or see what i need in order to convert it to the new 2017 gs look. im looking at the hood and fenders right now and the part numbers slightly match. im think they still use the same hood and fenders i need to confirm. but gyea if so ill just but a new hood new 2017 headlight and bumper and go from there. Any thoughts or has any one done research on this? please let me know.

Thanks
Old 02-01-18 | 12:33 PM
JWBlakk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ssjlaosy
Hi guys i was wondering if this has been done before but i was thinking of converting my front end to the new 2017 gs350 setup has anyone done it or is it even worth it. The reason why im thinking of doing it is because i got into a little fender bender a while back nothing is really damaged but my hood bent in a little just the lip part and it bugging me. so i was thinking buy a new hood sell my old one since its repairable and go from there or see what i need in order to convert it to the new 2017 gs look. im looking at the hood and fenders right now and the part numbers slightly match. im think they still use the same hood and fenders i need to confirm. but gyea if so ill just but a new hood new 2017 headlight and bumper and go from there. Any thoughts or has any one done research on this? please let me know.

Thanks
This has been done but is very expensive (especially if you want to convert the headlights too), plus there are all sorts of modding that would have to be done to get the lights to work and things to line up...definitely not worth it. If you are ok with keeping your current headlights, Aimgain makes a conversion bumper using the GSF style bumper but it comes unpainted, you still would have to buy the stock 2016-18 Grills/surround and it takes some months to ship to you. Definitely not worth it unless you are fine with spending thousands to do this conversion.
Old 02-02-18 | 12:11 AM
ssjlaosy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JWBlakk
This has been done but is very expensive (especially if you want to convert the headlights too), plus there are all sorts of modding that would have to be done to get the lights to work and things to line up...definitely not worth it. If you are ok with keeping your current headlights, Aimgain makes a conversion bumper using the GSF style bumper but it comes unpainted, you still would have to buy the stock 2016-18 Grills/surround and it takes some months to ship to you. Definitely not worth it unless you are fine with spending thousands to do this conversion.
Thanks for the response. gyea i looked up all the prices for the parts and boy are they pricey. I will probably keep the current head light and buy a new bumper and make one myself. if any thing buying a new bumper to cut up and mod isnt to bad. since they still use the same hood and fenders. I will post up pics once i get started on the project.
Old 02-02-18 | 06:14 AM
JWBlakk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ssjlaosy
Thanks for the response. gyea i looked up all the prices for the parts and boy are they pricey. I will probably keep the current head light and buy a new bumper and make one myself. if any thing buying a new bumper to cut up and mod isnt to bad. since they still use the same hood and fenders. I will post up pics once i get started on the project.
Yeah there's a build thread on here with someone who built one himself...took a 2013-15 bumper and merged it with a 2016 F Sport bumper.