GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Remote App

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-18, 12:36 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 550 Likes on 400 Posts

There are several things I'd like to change about my Lexus but, I chose to buy it and couldn't be happier overall with the car. It could be worse, at least we're not driving a Dodge,Fiat or a Mini Cooper!
Old 02-17-18, 01:40 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

I think some states still make it illegal to leave your vehicle running while unattended and may not have addressed the feature of auto-start (or remote-start). States where it was (and may still be) illegal: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Colorado, Texas, Wisconsin, and South Carolina. Other states have a time period on how long the vehicle could remain running unattended.

Personally, I do not have an issue with the engine turning Off when opening the car door. It's just a matter is restarting the engine using the key fob. Big deal!
The following users liked this post:
LOLjasonW (02-17-18)
Old 02-17-18, 01:57 PM
LOLjasonW
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Knucklebus
You sound like one of those people that can rationalize any terrible thing as being the way you like no matter what real and factual evidence is presented to the contrary. I've met fanboys who believed their hero could do no wrong.
haha love my car but NOT THAT much Its an inconvenience to you, its an ok feature for me. Don't like how the remote operates don't use it.
Old 02-17-18, 02:19 PM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

You sound like one of those people that can rationalize any terrible thing as being the way you like no matter what real and factual evidence is presented to the contrary. I've met fanboys who believed their hero could do no wrong.
Jesus dude. Write a freaking letter to Toyota/Lexus. Stop being a damn troll about something as meaningless as this feature. There is no need to rationalize this. It's how it is. That's how they designed. Sell your car (an RX right) if you hate it.
The following users liked this post:
LOLjasonW (02-17-18)
Old 02-17-18, 06:55 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Originally Posted by LOLjasonW
so even in the murano you have to put your foot on the brake? how is it any different than the lexus? your literally still doing the same thing, our car turns off so its not stolen an inconvenience at best. I wonder if the keyfob for the nissan can be tricked into thinking it's there while its not. I would rather my car shut off and be completely immobile, than have the notion that it could possibly just be driven off bc i was lazy and remotely started it. AHH the wonders of first world problems

I admit its an inconvenience, but it's IMO a better idea

Didn’t day otherwise. My point is that a car can’t be stolen just because it keeps running. And if you can trick a Murano to think the key is in it, you can trick a Lexus. The Lexus system is no more robust than Nissan’s.
Old 02-18-18, 06:36 AM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Received 402 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by MustangSal
Jesus dude. Write a freaking letter to Toyota/Lexus. Stop being a damn troll about something as meaningless as this feature. There is no need to rationalize this. It's how it is. That's how they designed. Sell your car (an RX right) if you hate it.
Not an RX, a 13 GS 350 AWD, not a feature my car has and wouldn't want it with this screwed up functionality. My car is garaged so I wouldn't even need it in the morning and if I wanted it, I'd get an aftermarket one that would not shut off when the door is opened.

I'm not hating on the cars, just saying Lexus really screwed the pouch on functionality here and I don't see how anyone can claim it is a superior feature to the cars that don't shut off when you remote start and open the door.
Old 02-18-18, 05:58 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 152 Posts

the remote app has like a 80% success rate for me...
Old 02-19-18, 04:11 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Not an RX, a 13 GS 350 AWD, not a feature my car has and wouldn't want it with this screwed up functionality. My car is garaged so I wouldn't even need it in the morning and if I wanted it, I'd get an aftermarket one that would not shut off when the door is opened.

I'm not hating on the cars, just saying Lexus really screwed the pouch on functionality here and I don't see how anyone can claim it is a superior feature to the cars that don't shut off when you remote start and open the door.
Oh I'm sorry, the OP has the RX. You don't even have the feature and speak from conjecture...but determine that it's screwed up functionality and then proceed to say that it's touted as a superior feature when literally no one has.

You wouldn't need it in the garage (duh). Mine is garaged as well and I've never remote started it once from home as a starting point. But from inside a restaurant when it's blazing-*** hot or freezing cold outside, the mall while I'm inside shopping and it's in a parking garage, or maybe i accidentally forgot to lock it when I walked away and don't want to walk back - I can lock it on the fly from miles away, or changing the driver privileges and settings from the app, or it's at my detailers and I just want the extra security knowing that it'll notify me for everything that's happening with the car including any slight change in location. Just keeps getting better...

Never the less, far from superior that the built-in safety feature is that it stops the engine but since you've never actually had to experience it with your own GS than I completely understand your exaggerated ignorance.
Old 02-19-18, 04:50 AM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Originally Posted by MustangSal
Oh I'm sorry, the OP has the RX. You don't even have the feature and speak from conjecture...but determine that it's screwed up functionality and then proceed to say that it's touted as a superior feature when literally no one has.

You wouldn't need it in the garage (duh). Mine is garaged as well and I've never remote started it once from home as a starting point. But from inside a restaurant when it's blazing-*** hot or freezing cold outside, the mall while I'm inside shopping and it's in a parking garage, or maybe i accidentally forgot to lock it when I walked away and don't want to walk back - I can lock it on the fly from miles away, or changing the driver privileges and settings from the app, or it's at my detailers and I just want the extra security knowing that it'll notify me for everything that's happening with the car including any slight change in location. Just keeps getting better...

Never the less, far from superior that the built-in safety feature is that it stops the engine but since you've never actually had to experience it with your own GS than I completely understand your exaggerated ignorance.
I speak from informed reason and logic. I've never died either but I've come close and I'm very sure it will suck. One must not actually touch the hot stove top to know that it will burn you. By logic such as yours, nobody can have an opinion outside actual experience? I've rented other cars with remote start and have friends with cars with remote start, none of them Lexus, and none of them shut off when you touch the door. Calling it a safety feature don't make it so.
Old 02-19-18, 06:02 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

I speak from informed reason and logic. I've never died either but I've come close and I'm very sure it will suck. One must not actually touch the hot stove top to know that it will burn you. By logic such as yours, nobody can have an opinion outside actual experience? I've rented other cars with remote start and have friends with cars with remote start, none of them Lexus, and none of them shut off when you touch the door. Calling it a safety feature don't make it so.
Bwahahahahaha. That was the weakest attempt at actually trying to reason that you have experience even though you don't.

😂????😂
Old 02-19-18, 11:29 AM
LOLjasonW
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=Knucklebus;10117374]I speak from informed reason and logic. I've never died either but I've come close and I'm very sure it will suck. One must not actually touch the hot stove top to know that it will burn you./QUOTE]

sounds good in theory but doesn't explain the tide pods, those say on the box do not ingest and yet we have to tell people not to ingest them.
Old 02-19-18, 11:36 AM
Knucklebus
Instructor

[QUOTE=LOLjasonW;10117724]
I speak from informed reason and logic. I've never died either but I've come close and I'm very sure it will suck. One must not actually touch the hot stove top to know that it will burn you./QUOTE]

sounds good in theory but doesn't explain the tide pods, those say on the box do not ingest and yet we have to tell people not to ingest them.
Well, I'm not of that generation. When I was growing up in the 60s and 70s, they didn't have labels on things like that, cars were made of steel, seat belts were optional and airbags were still a dream. We were apparently smarter than the current generation and natural selection thinned the herd of the undesirables.